Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going bananas
05-17-2017, 11:27 AM,
Going bananas
Should the poem reveal if the treasure is buried or not, if deciphered?

I feel like this is the subject that teeter totters the most.

I am a believer that it is buried for the sake of someone not being able to stumble on to it. And for the preservation of the cache as well.
How could the poem describe this though?

I understand that the poem is a description of how to get there, and a description of where it is.. but I feel like there is redundancy within the poem, and all the information needed, kinda funnels through the same channel.
Like the location, the way to find the location, the reason, and how to retrieve it all have the same things in common.
Maybe the root of the words used, or the randomness and unexplained intentions of the location. And maybe Fenn favorite place is just a metaphor for the real location.

Just observations

05-17-2017, 11:35 AM,
RE: Going bananas
I think about how he said wind can effect it. Why not be up on a rock shelf? No one would stumble on that as it's not on the ground. Maybe what no one is considering is that the blaze is much higher and looking down is not on the ground.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
05-17-2017, 11:54 AM,
In the wood could describe it being in a hollowed out tree or something. An old owl home. Wind could blow over the tree..

05-17-2017, 12:00 PM,
(05-17-2017, 11:27 AM)Hammertime Wrote: Should the poem reveal if the treasure is buried or not, if deciphered?

I feel like this is the subject that teeter totters the most.

I am a believer that it is buried for the sake of someone not being able to stumble on to it. And for the preservation of the cache as well.
How could the poem describe this though?

I understand that the poem is a description of how to get there, and a description of where it is.. but I feel like there is redundancy within the poem, and all the information needed, kinda funnels through the same channel.
Like the location, the way to find the location, the reason, and how to retrieve it all have the same things in common.
Maybe the root of the words used, or the randomness and unexplained intentions of the location. And maybe Fenn favorite place is just a metaphor for the real location.

Just observations

Brown could possibly mean sand or sands.
I think the comment about Forrest favorite place could be a misconception though. I know he said it was dear to him but that does not have to mean it was his favorite place
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

05-17-2017, 04:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2017, 04:40 PM by decall.)
(05-17-2017, 02:55 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: Hi Hammertime, good subject. Opinions of how Forrest hid the treasure vary widely amongst searchers. Depending on who you ask, the chest could be, hidden in plain sight, under water, in debris, nowhere, buried, etc… Here’s some quotes that could support it being buried.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Everlasting Forrest Fenn
July 5, 2015
https://stories.californiasunday.com/201...rest-fenn/

“Forrest told me the idea at lunch one day,” recalled the bestselling author Douglas Preston, a longtime friend and one of the first writers Fenn approached. “His plan was to inter himself with the treasure, so that anyone who found it could essentially rob his grave. I said, ‘God, Forrest, that’s a terrific story — you’re the guy who’s going to take it with you!’”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forrest Fenn's Hidden Treasure
August 28, 2011
https://goo.gl/I9mF75

@7:30
Jennifer London: How did you pick that particular spot to bury the chest?
Forrest Fenn: Well I don't want to give too many more clues but, it's a very special place to me and otherwise I would not have done it. I mean I couldn't have just taken it out and buried it in the ground someplace where I didn't know where I was. I think that was a crucial part of it.

My note: In every interview, that I can think of, when there's mention of the chest being buried, Forrest quickly rebuttals the assertion. This interview was very early in the chase. Why didn't he challenge her?

Forrest Fenn speaks out about treasure hunter's charges
April 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzI0jjUk...FY424F3DOu

Even after someone gets in trouble with the law for digging he refuses to say it’s not buried.

Moby Dickens book signing
November 2, 2013
Video deleted from YouTube 2017

Q.) Forrest, did you have 9 clues before you wrote the poem, or did 9 clues appear after you wrote the poem?
A.) They're contiguous. I knew where I wanted to hide the treasure chest, so it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. That’s what I did. But I changed it over, I don’t know how many times. I looked up the meaning of words, you know we really don't know what some of our words mean. For instance what does the word several mean? Several, what does that mean? Many?
No, it means more than two, but not many more than two. Isn't that a way to define a word? More than two, but not many? So I doubt that anyone in this room knows that. I mean, I wouldn't know it except I'm a writer and sometimes I look things up. And there are lots of words in the English language that we can't define and consequently we use them erroneously.

Featured Question with Forrest: Talking in Circles?
October 13, 2014
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...n-circles/

Hi Forrest,
You once said you walked the 92 miles from West Yellowstone to Bozeman to just experience it. Obviously you were much younger than you were when you hid the treasure. Too far to walk means different things at different ages so I was wondering if you would be so bold as to give an estimate of how far you walked to hide the treasure after leaving your car: was it >10miles, between 5 and 10 miles, between 1 and 5 miles, or less than 1 mile? ~Thanks, Ron
Ron, your question sounds like a travelogue, but I’ll answer it. No, I don’t want to be that bold. But I will say that I walked less than a few miles if that will help. I just looked “few” up and one definition is “scant.” Why do I sound like I’m talking in circles? F

My note: Strange statement to make. Step on it like a shovel? It’s odd that he then goes on to define the word “several” which happens to be a synonym for few and then a year later goes on to define "few" while informing us one definition is "scant". Maybe just over two feet below the surface?

Just some observations.

Wow LL,
nice compilation. I am totally impressed with this progression from grave to few... what's strange, is that I have been pondering the same ideas. Why? because we are looking to define the last 200'... what it looks like, how do we find it in the poem, and the "why" he chose this special spot.

"I mean I couldn't have just taken it out and buried it in the ground someplace where I didn't know where I was. I think that was a crucial part of it."

This to me is HUUUUUUUUGE. the Why!!! It proves there must be symbolic and emotional connections here.
Now I ask you... what could be emotional about a grave???
(answer below)
Fenn:"I never said it was buried... I never said it wasn't buried... too important of a clue" or maybe too revealing of a clue.
Another question, where was that shovel comment made.. I don't recall that one.
So, what could be the emotional connection to a grave? Fenn is likely thinking of his own demise, he talks about the asterisk and being a footnote in history. He obviously wants to leave a legacy, masterpiece, legend behind SO HE IS NOT FORGOTTEN. So we can deduce that the correct solve and place will be spectacular in it's uniqueness and it's connection to Fenn heart and soul. Just my opinion
LL, what state are you looking in??
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
05-18-2017, 01:39 AM,
(05-17-2017, 04:34 PM)decall Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 02:55 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: Hi Hammertime, good subject. Opinions of how Forrest hid the treasure vary widely amongst searchers. Depending on who you ask, the chest could be, hidden in plain sight, under water, in debris, nowhere, buried, etc… Here’s some quotes that could support it being buried.

The Everlasting Forrest Fenn
July 5, 2015
https://stories.californiasunday.com/201...rest-fenn/

“Forrest told me the idea at lunch one day,” recalled the bestselling author Douglas Preston, a longtime friend and one of the first writers Fenn approached. “His plan was to inter himself with the treasure, so that anyone who found it could essentially rob his grave. I said, ‘God, Forrest, that’s a terrific story — you’re the guy who’s going to take it with you!’”

Forrest Fenn's Hidden Treasure
August 28, 2011
https://goo.gl/I9mF75

@7:30
Jennifer London: How did you pick that particular spot to bury the chest?
Forrest Fenn: Well I don't want to give too many more clues but, it's a very special place to me and otherwise I would not have done it. I mean I couldn't have just taken it out and buried it in the ground someplace where I didn't know where I was. I think that was a crucial part of it.

My note: In every interview, that I can think of, when there's mention of the chest being buried, Forrest quickly rebuttals the assertion. This interview was very early in the chase. Why didn't he challenge her?

Forrest Fenn speaks out about treasure hunter's charges
April 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzI0jjUk...FY424F3DOu

Even after someone gets in trouble with the law for digging he refuses to say it’s not buried.

Moby Dickens book signing
November 2, 2013
Video deleted from YouTube 2017

Q.) Forrest, did you have 9 clues before you wrote the poem, or did 9 clues appear after you wrote the poem?
A.) They're contiguous. I knew where I wanted to hide the treasure chest, so it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. That’s what I did. But I changed it over, I don’t know how many times. I looked up the meaning of words, you know we really don't know what some of our words mean. For instance what does the word several mean? Several, what does that mean? Many?
No, it means more than two, but not many more than two. Isn't that a way to define a word? More than two, but not many? So I doubt that anyone in this room knows that. I mean, I wouldn't know it except I'm a writer and sometimes I look things up. And there are lots of words in the English language that we can't define and consequently we use them erroneously.

Featured Question with Forrest: Talking in Circles?
October 13, 2014
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...n-circles/

Hi Forrest,
You once said you walked the 92 miles from West Yellowstone to Bozeman to just experience it. Obviously you were much younger than you were when you hid the treasure. Too far to walk means different things at different ages so I was wondering if you would be so bold as to give an estimate of how far you walked to hide the treasure after leaving your car: was it >10miles, between 5 and 10 miles, between 1 and 5 miles, or less than 1 mile? ~Thanks, Ron
Ron, your question sounds like a travelogue, but I’ll answer it. No, I don’t want to be that bold. But I will say that I walked less than a few miles if that will help. I just looked “few” up and one definition is “scant.” Why do I sound like I’m talking in circles? F

My note: Strange statement to make. Step on it like a shovel? It’s odd that he then goes on to define the word “several” which happens to be a synonym for few and then a year later goes on to define "few" while informing us one definition is "scant". Maybe just over two feet below the surface?

Just some observations.

Wow LL,
nice compilation. I am totally impressed with this progression from grave to few... what's strange, is that I have been pondering the same ideas. Why? because we are looking to define the last 200'... what it looks like, how do we find it in the poem, and the "why" he chose this special spot.

"I mean I couldn't have just taken it out and buried it in the ground someplace where I didn't know where I was. I think that was a crucial part of it."

This to me is HUUUUUUUUGE. the Why!!! It proves there must be symbolic and emotional connections here.
Now I ask you... what could be emotional about a grave???
(answer below)
Fenn:"I never said it was buried... I never said it wasn't buried... too important of a clue" or maybe too revealing of a clue.
Another question, where was that shovel comment made.. I don't recall that one.
So, what could be the emotional connection to a grave? Fenn is likely thinking of his own demise, he talks about the asterisk and being a footnote in history. He obviously wants to leave a legacy, masterpiece, legend behind SO HE IS NOT FORGOTTEN. So we can deduce that the correct solve and place will be spectacular in it's uniqueness and it's connection to Fenn heart and soul. Just my opinion
LL, what state are you looking in??

------------------------------------------------------------------

decall, "Bingo."
05-18-2017, 11:20 AM,
(05-17-2017, 11:27 AM)Hammertime Wrote: Should the poem reveal if the treasure is buried or not, if deciphered?

Yes

05-18-2017, 11:51 AM,
Thread brings up some great debates.
Trying to put the pieces of the puzzle how this thing is hid is a mystery within itself.

Seems the chest is wet either due to Mother Nature or how Forrest says " physics ". If buried why not just say buried? That doesn't give a serious clue away since the search area is thousands of square miles. Under a pile of rocks still doesn't give it away either.
Take what we know the the chest is wet, wind could effect it and fire did to the twin towers?

I try to put a scenario together to put the chest in that I can debate the problem we have?

What if the chest is beside a tree, along a river bank and under a pile of rocks?
Wind blows the tree over and moves the chest?
Water levels keeps the chest wet which explains the " probably wet "
Pile of rocks won't let you stumble onto it
It's not buried under those conditions and along a river bank would give a clue to look near a river?

I'm open to debunk this so I can adjust my way of thinking
05-18-2017, 12:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 12:02 PM by HalloweenCandy.)
When asked if it would still be wet in summertime without any storms moving through, Fenn replied "Physics tells me the treasure is wet."

Notice he doesn't say the "chest" is wet - he says the "treasure."

This could indicate that the treasure - i.e. the contents of the chest - is wet. Which makes sense from a physics point of view, because the inside would have been wet from water creeping in during wet weather, and it's conceivable that it would STAY wet inside there, what with the lid being closed and without extreme heat to evaporate out the moisture inside the chest.

Just one interpretation...
05-18-2017, 12:09 PM,
(05-18-2017, 11:20 AM)astree Wrote:

Yes

As tree
What gives you buried in the poem?
I believe it is buried, sybolic of burial and death.
Do you believe "As" is arsenic in the poem? Or does it mean "Yellowstone" first and last word of the poem??
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω