Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going bananas
05-19-2017, 05:56 AM,
RE: Going bananas
(05-18-2017, 12:09 PM)decall Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 11:20 AM)astree Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 11:27 AM)Hammertime Wrote: Should the poem reveal if the treasure is buried or not, if deciphered?

Yes

As tree
What gives you buried in the poem?

"I didn't say it's buried, and I didn't say it's not buried" lol. Working with the poem tells where to go, and once you get there, how he hid it. He tells it because when you get there, on the armchair, you might be wondering ... "really?". It is very specific, but I can't be without giving anymore away.

Quote:I believe it is buried, sybolic of burial and death.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I know you are working with the idea of a theme in the poem, Deek, and that it could help you understand the poem and unravel the clues. I didn't find that to be so, or to be necessary, but maybe it would help in a certain mindset. One of the issues with themes is that it opens the possibility of subjectivity.

The closest I could come using your idea is that it's hiding would symbolize both life and death.

Quote:Do you believe "As" is arsenic in the poem? Or does it mean "Yellowstone" first and last word of the poem??

Well, "as" can mean several things, and is important. You need to work through the poem to understand it. I do like the atomic number for As, though.

The last word of the poem is go-LD. So much can be done with it. The first and last two letters of the poem are DALS. The corner letters, IDEA. And on and on. How much is wheat, and how much chaff?

05-19-2017, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM by Andrew Jef.)
(05-18-2017, 12:01 PM)HalloweenCandy Wrote: When asked if it would still be wet in summertime without any storms moving through, Fenn replied "Physics tells me the treasure is wet."

Notice he doesn't say the "chest" is wet - he says the "treasure."

This could indicate that the treasure - i.e. the contents of the chest - is wet. Which makes sense from a physics point of view, because the inside would have been wet from water creeping in during wet weather, and it's conceivable that it would STAY wet inside there, what with the lid being closed and without extreme heat to evaporate out the moisture inside the chest.

Just one interpretation...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HalloweenCandy, I agree with you. If the treasure (chest) has ONE DROP
of water on it, that qualifies as wetness. So what FF said about this is
hardly even a hint, much less a clue. But common tools like logic and
a dictionary seem to be quite rare around here. By the way, have you
shown the poem to any children?

(05-17-2017, 11:27 AM)Hammertime Wrote: Should the poem reveal if the treasure is buried or not, if deciphered?

I feel like this is the subject that teeter totters the most.

I am a believer that it is buried for the sake of someone not being able to stumble on to it. And for the preservation of the cache as well.
How could the poem describe this though?

I understand that the poem is a description of how to get there, and a description of where it is.. but I feel like there is redundancy within the poem, and all the information needed, kinda funnels through the same channel.
Like the location, the way to find the location, the reason, and how to retrieve it all have the same things in common.
Maybe the root of the words used, or the randomness and unexplained intentions of the location. And maybe Fenn favorite place is just a metaphor for the real location.

Just observations

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hammertime, I think that a correct solve will indicate a good reason for
the TC to NOT be buried . . . and will also indicate why FF was so
reluctant to tell us whether it is or not. I worked very hard, trying to understand the phrase "Your effort". My latest idea about this is that
the chest may be surrounded/covered with one or more rocks, but not otherwise buried. I was considering "effort" to maybe mean "F fort"
( -- a protective enclosure built by Fenn).

Good luck in your solving and searching.
05-19-2017, 11:09 PM,
I interpret "go in peace" as in RIP. As in a person typically gets buried when they die.

The strongest evidence that suggests that, is the original plan of Fenn dying and taking the treasure with him.

I can not come to terms with the chest being hidden out in the open. There is much more risk to that, than being buried. And Fenn took out as much risk as possible with this treasure hunt. He wants someone to find it, but that someone will have to figure out how to find it. He knows it will happen, and he may even know already who will find it too. And that's why it will always be there waiting for them. When they figure out what it is they're looking for, and how to find it..
You literally have to keep digging. In physical terms, and thinking terms. He's that clever.

My guess, and logic tells me that something is buried at least 6 feet in the ground. Undetectable directly with a metal detector. You will find a clue with a metal detector, but won't understand what that clue is, until further down the road. Leaving you scratching your head, until that aha moment.

05-19-2017, 11:47 PM,
(05-19-2017, 11:09 PM)Hammertime Wrote: I interpret "go in peace" as in RIP. As in a person typically gets buried when they die.

The strongest evidence that suggests that, is the original plan of Fenn dying and taking the treasure with him.

I can not come to terms with the chest being hidden out in the open. There is much more risk to that, than being buried. And Fenn took out as much risk as possible with this treasure hunt. He wants someone to find it, but that someone will have to figure out how to find it. He knows it will happen, and he may even know already who will find it too. And that's why it will always be there waiting for them. When they figure out what it is they're looking for, and how to find it..
You literally have to keep digging. In physical terms, and thinking terms. He's that clever.

My guess, and logic tells me that something is buried at least 6 feet in the ground. Undetectable directly with a metal detector. You will find a clue with a metal detector, but won't understand what that clue is, until further down the road. Leaving you scratching your head, until that aha moment.
Totally agree, I'm kinda impressed with this bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-20-2017, 03:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2017, 04:20 PM by HalloweenCandy.)
(05-19-2017, 05:02 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: HalloweenCandy, I agree with you. If the treasure (chest) has ONE DROP

Thanks, Andrew. I have not shown the poem to any children but when one of the geographical identifications fell into place for me, I went "Aaah OK, so THAT's why he said show it to a child." That identification was a pivotal moment in my search, and I couldn't sleep for two nights in a row after that. lol

Regarding burial of the chest...I really don't see 80 yr old Forrest digging a 6 foot deep hole. lol. I'm very open to the idea that the chest could be partially buried, like buried to its own depth but with the lid exposed, looking for all intents and purposes like an embedded rock to a casual passerby, or blending into the surrounding groundcover.
05-20-2017, 09:59 PM,
(05-20-2017, 03:56 PM)HalloweenCandy Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 05:02 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: HalloweenCandy, I agree with you. If the treasure (chest) has ONE DROP

Thanks, Andrew. I have not shown the poem to any children but when one of the geographical identifications fell into place for me, I went "Aaah OK, so THAT's why he said show it to a child." That identification was a pivotal moment in my search, and I couldn't sleep for two nights in a row after that. lol

Regarding burial of the chest...I really don't see 80 yr old Forrest digging a 6 foot deep hole. lol. I'm very open to the idea that the chest could be partially buried, like buried to its own depth but with the lid exposed, looking for all intents and purposes like an embedded rock to a casual passerby, or blending into the surrounding groundcover.

Then you have alot to learn here...
Let me know when you're all caught up, and I'll explain.

05-21-2017, 01:13 PM,
(05-20-2017, 09:59 PM)Hammertime Wrote: Then you have alot to learn here...
Let me know when you're all caught up, and I'll explain.

I'm not into "group-think." Everyone has their own theories of the poem & treasure chest, and there is very little unanimity among searchers about interpretation.

In your theoretical solve, it might make sense to equate Fenn's final resting place > a grave > six feet under > treasure is six feet under. But on a purely logistical level, it's not very practical at all to believe that 80 yr old Fenn would physically do that, and it also doesn't jive with things that have been said i.e. if you were within 12 feet of it you'd likely find it....and Fenn apparently revealing to the reporter that it was exposed to the elements, etc.
05-21-2017, 04:13 PM,
I believe you are right on this, HC. There's second-hand info that we have, where it is reported that Forrest said in an email to a searcher, that tools wouldn't be needed.

Also, another second hand quote is in this news segment

"He did say that if you think you know where it is, you don't have to dig around, you don't have to disturb anything."

( http://www.koat.com/article/forrest-fenn...-2/4474421 , toward the end )

I put a question mark on the exactness of the quote, but hard to believe it could be the opposite of what Forrest meant.

05-21-2017, 07:34 PM,
(05-21-2017, 04:13 PM)astree Wrote: I believe you are right on this, HC. There's second-hand info that we have, where it is reported that Forrest said in an email to a searcher, that tools wouldn't be needed.

Also, another second hand quote is in this news segment

"He did say that if you think you know where it is, you don't have to dig around, you don't have to disturb anything."

( http://www.koat.com/article/forrest-fenn...-2/4474421 , toward the end )

I put a question mark on the exactness of the quote, but hard to believe it could be the opposite of what Forrest meant.

I'm sorry. Everything Fenn says, he says it in a way that leaves it open for interpretation. There is nothing concrete about what he says. Like the no tools needed? I think he specifically said no special tools needed. Now you have to define "special", and how it relates to tools. There is no real definition. It could literally mean anything based on what you think "special"is. It's the same thing, as the "several" comment he made. It simply has no real confirmation. It's simply an open definition with broad perimeters.

That is how Fenn makes you think twice, and 3 times. It starts opening doors though when you actually question everything he says.

05-21-2017, 07:55 PM,
You are right Hammer...the word special can have many meanings to the mind of the beholder.