Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Informal vote barometer
05-22-2017, 01:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2017, 01:37 PM by Fgump.)
Informal vote barometer
Hi everyone. Wow so many theories, so many places it could possibly be in. I would like to take an informal count or vote on which State everyone thinks it might be in. The highest number of votes is the highest percentage leader.

I will start off by saying right now I'm leaning towards Colorado.

Thanks in advance to all those searchers who participate.
05-22-2017, 01:45 PM,
RE: Informal vote barometer
MT
If you're leaning, then save your money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-22-2017, 01:48 PM,
without a doubt new mexico
05-22-2017, 01:50 PM,
Montana . . . ^^^
05-22-2017, 02:30 PM,
I have stated in the past what state the treasure is in. I won't repeat it now though. I will share this. TTOTC tells you exactly what state the treasure is located. Unequivocally.
05-22-2017, 10:25 PM,
The treasure is in all 4 states (Rockies), but the chest is not in any of the 4 states. It is somewhere that fits the solve.

05-22-2017, 10:50 PM,
(05-22-2017, 10:25 PM)Hammertime Wrote: The treasure is in all 4 states (Rockies), but the chest is not in any of the 4 states. It is somewhere that fits the solve.
I'm not looking for a fight, but why would Fenn want some clever/ crazy idea like that?
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-23-2017, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2017, 12:40 AM by The Count.)
I don't think I'll every come to a conclusion as to what state it is in, for me its unlikely to be in Colorado. My opinion on the state lines that make up these states are too straight and don't follow any geographical feature(excluding Montana) which doesn't follow my understanding of the poem. When travel through these states you dont even know when your in another state unless you see the sign that says "welcome to where ever" or the firework stands. Heck might aswell consider almost half of Colorado to be Kansas.

down with the evil twin

05-23-2017, 04:28 PM,
I'm dead serious when I say I don't think the chest is in the Rockies. I think the treasure and the chest are 2 completely different things. One is Forrest's, and one is yours.
I don't think it's far fetched that could be true..

05-23-2017, 09:50 PM,
I'm 90% NM, 10% Montana/very northern WY.

There are countless reasons I think this, but the newest one is that he said he doesn't want to reveal when he found it, as he thinks it's too much of a clue.

If he found it in his youth, it would almost surely be MT/ north WY, and almost certainly NOT NM, but possibly CO.

If he found it in his older age, most likely NM, but possibly also MT/WY. I think that when he ventured to MT/WY in his older years, he mostly visited the places of his youth or his family that lives up there, so he probably didn't discover very many new spots, e.g., his special place. He spent much of his exploring time in NM in his older years, perfect for finding that spot.

If it was in CO, I don't think the 'when did he find it' issue would be of any help there, since most of the stories he laid out never talk about CO. How could knowing when he found it help point to CO in any way? I don't have a reason to believe it would.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vote for the winner decall 27 2,448 10-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Last Post: admin