Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mexico is the location
12-30-2013, 09:51 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Desertphile on December 30, 2013, 9:17 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from will197532 on December 30, 2013, 5:49 pm</b>

If feel good about my search location and already booked my trip so as of now waiting for the 8 feet of snow to melt, and the reason I feel good about it cause I solved the (child has a advantage) clue and as of clues {using} this the clues answer back.
</div>

Hell, if I thought I knew where the chest is, eight feet of snow would not give me any pause at all: I'd be there already.</div>
</div>
I agree but it's 22.5 miles in and they don't plow

That road in the snow so I would have to walk that

Far and to me that's way to far to walk
12-30-2013, 10:21 PM,
Sam, I can only tell you I am not guessing. I know there are a lot of people trying to get everybody's attention but that is not me. Sure I like attention just like anybody else but that is not the reason I am blogging. Do the research before you go anywhere and you'll save yourself hundred, if not thousands of dollars before heading out there. Enjoy the your hunting. P.S. I really think this coming year will be the year this treasure is found, whether is me or someone else, I do not know.
12-30-2013, 11:20 PM,

<b>Quote from RC on December 30, 2013, 1:03 pm</b>

Oh, come on! Why is it when somebody posts a comment on the blog very few people actually comment about the topic. Can you guys stay on the current topic? Anybody else thinks New Mexico is the location, and why you do? Another reason I think is in New Mexico is that in the book Mr. Fenn says he secret it somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe. He never mentions the Rocky Mountains in the book. Or am I mistaken? Any takers?
</div>

Hi RC, Smile

I am ambivulent at this point to "certain" location, search area defined.

In TTOTC, page 63 "Journal of a Trapper"

here'e a weblink to this info.

http://user.xmission.com/~drudy/mtman/ht...lintr.html

notice "9" "Rocky Mountains" "Residence" "X" "SIR T. Brown"

I believe this is an indirect / direct, mention of Mr. Fenn to Rocky Mountains. "Over the years I've read JOAT a dozen (12) times."

With this statement, along with other info a case can be made for Joe "Brown" trail # 381 Gallatin N.F.

At this point i've not ruled out any valid search area yet, whether it is in NM, CO, WY. MT.

I see the fuzzy reddish NM map, and on page 60 row 9 "the map".

Smile TGC&CS

12-31-2013, 12:00 AM,

<b>Quote from RC on December 30, 2013, 10:21 pm</b>

Sam, I can only tell you I am not guessing. I know there are a lot of people trying to get everybody's attention but that is not me. Sure I like attention just like anybody else but that is not the reason I am blogging. Do the research before you go anywhere and you'll save yourself hundred, if not thousands of dollars before heading out there. Enjoy the your hunting. P.S. I really think this coming year will be the year this treasure is found, whether is me or someone else, I do not know.
</div>

All I can say RC is go with confidence and pick up the chest...and I really mean this, "Best of Luck My Friend"...you or some one else, who knows?... Smile
12-31-2013, 10:17 AM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on December 30, 2013, 9:51 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Desertphile on December 30, 2013, 9:17 pm</b>
<b>Quote from will197532 on December 30, 2013, 5:49 pm</b>

If feel good about my search location and already booked my trip so as of now waiting for the 8 feet of snow to melt, and the reason I feel good about it cause I solved the (child has a advantage) clue and as of clues {using} this the clues answer back.
</div>

Hell, if I thought I knew where the chest is, eight feet of snow would not give me any pause at all: I'd be there already.</div>
</div>

I agree but it's 22.5 miles in and they don't plow

That road in the snow so I would have to walk that

Far and to me that's way to far to walk</div>
</div>

Ah, damn right: far better to not risk one's life.
12-31-2013, 10:20 AM,

</div>

It seems to me you are right: the chest will be found in year 2014. In fact I am trying to set up a prediction market on the subject: people can buy and sell contracts on the likelihood of what year the chest is found.
12-31-2013, 11:25 AM,
There's a contest: write month -day-year on your ticket and win a prize... maybe FF will donate his Hat
12-31-2013, 02:44 PM,
@seeker - day found or day announced?
12-31-2013, 03:39 PM,
We need a new thread for this under the contest section....we can figure out a prize later.

Just realized you can edit your posts lol....we'd have to make copies of the entries as they came in.
01-03-2014, 09:06 PM,

Do the research before you go anywhere and you'll save yourself hundred, if not thousands of dollars before heading out there. Enjoy the your hunting. P.S. I really think this coming year will be the year this treasure is found, whether is me or someone else, I do not know.
</div>

You don't mean "do the research." You mean you think that someone has already done the research for you and you just have to sit back and google around and read the results of someone else's research, no? Good luck with that!