Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do warm waters halt?
07-08-2015, 07:38 PM,
Where do warm waters halt?
I love the idea of hot springs! Is there pizza delivery available?
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM,
RE: Where do warm waters halt?
Wheeler mountain? How so?
08-31-2015, 06:27 PM,
Wink  RE: Where do warm waters halt?
(12-28-2013, 04:01 PM)Desertphile Wrote: Where warm waters halt is often where cold waters start.

Or Ice. Or where it comes out of the ground. Halt means stop and then go.
08-31-2015, 06:44 PM,
HALT means come to an abrupt stop, cease all motion...It takes another word or command to proceed or move again...Not two in one... Smile
12-07-2015, 05:57 AM,
In the military, "Halt" means exactly that. Stop with no advancement at all, not even a step. There is to be no movement until a command is given to do so. As with many on here, Forrest was in the military too.

Then, "where warm waters halt" could be one of several possibilities. Such as, it halts when it turns cold. It could also halt where it turns hot. Just with these two examples, the water is three totally different temperatures. Those three temperatures could have alternate characteristics too. Such as, cold could also refer to ice, or hot referring to a boiling state or even steam.

That makes me wonder at what elevation wwwh is. The TC is above 5,000 feet and below 10, 200 feet. At the elevation of 5k feet the water/s will be cooler than water/s at much lower elevations. Can wwwh be at a lower elevation than the TC? I believe that it very well could be. It could also be at a higher elevation. The possibilities are not limited.

Maybe you all can see what I mean by my rambling....
So Mote It Be!
02-13-2017, 03:07 PM,
(02-13-2017, 02:34 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:35 AM)liv42dy Wrote: Wheeler mountain? How so?

WWWH is referring to no more tea with Olga or more specifically where her ashes are scattered near Taos mnt. Wheeler peak is near where to start.
What's funny is no one will believe me lol. 7 years later and I come right out with WWWH and will be ignored and not commented on.

I have found both hidden hints for and hidden hints against this in the book. I'm still waiting for some type of keystone that will make the two make sense.

mm
02-14-2017, 12:58 AM,
Found This description of how to hike to horseshoe lake:

The trail’s not on any modern map (hello, solitude!), but if you know where to look, you can still travel a fading path across alpine tundra to Horseshoe Lake, a 10-acre tarn nestled at 11,750 feet in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. The 11.4-mile out-and-back is a great place to practice routefinding. Park at the end of Forest Road 161 (1) and hike .2 gravelly miles to the intersection with the Angostura Trail. Take the Serpent Lake Trail #19, climbing 1,500 feet over three miles through mixed conifer. Pass the signed trail leading north to Serpent Lake at mile 3.3. In the next 200 feet, look for your turn-off (2): A faint path heads south-southwest from an old-growth spruce; there may also be a cairn marking the turn. If you start to climb the ridge, you’ve gone too far. From here, only faint paths, small cairns, and our GPS track mark your way. Keep the Jicarita Peak ridge to the west, and when in doubt, traverse the slopes at around 11,800 feet; this route is mostly flat. Cross a dry wash at mile 3.7 (3). From here, the trail gets even trickier as you climb over dead logs; if the winter’s been wet, snow drifts can add to the challenge until late June. Look for old blazes cut into trees and evidence of one-time maintenance to help guide you into an open meadow at mile four (4). Quick-growing grasses erase all signs of a trail here; angle southeast and look for a faint path near a rocky outcrop when you reach the trees in .3 mile (5). Climb 200 feet in .3 mile to your above-treeline high point at 12,049 feet (6). Descend gently, keeping a small, unnamed pond below you to the east (7). Travel over tundra dotted with blue forget-me-nots (midsummer), wet marsh, and small creeks (highest May and June) for another .7 mile to Horseshoe Lake (8). Camp under large pines near the outlet (9), in the company of pikas (“See This,” next page) and bighorn sheep. If time permits, scramble up the scree slope west of the lake to the Ridge Divide Trail #36 for more views and exploring Return the way you came.

Anyone ready to Hike????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do Warm Waters Halt? (Continued) tyounis 18 1,170 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Luckydog