Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do warm waters halt?
07-08-2015, 07:38 PM,
Where do warm waters halt?
I love the idea of hot springs! Is there pizza delivery available?
08-28-2015, 11:35 AM,
RE: Where do warm waters halt?
Wheeler mountain? How so?
08-31-2015, 06:27 PM,
Wink  RE: Where do warm waters halt?
(12-28-2013, 04:01 PM)Desertphile Wrote: Where warm waters halt is often where cold waters start.

Or Ice. Or where it comes out of the ground. Halt means stop and then go.
08-31-2015, 06:44 PM,
HALT means come to an abrupt stop, cease all motion...It takes another word or command to proceed or move again...Not two in one... Smile
12-07-2015, 05:57 AM,
In the military, "Halt" means exactly that. Stop with no advancement at all, not even a step. There is to be no movement until a command is given to do so. As with many on here, Forrest was in the military too.

Then, "where warm waters halt" could be one of several possibilities. Such as, it halts when it turns cold. It could also halt where it turns hot. Just with these two examples, the water is three totally different temperatures. Those three temperatures could have alternate characteristics too. Such as, cold could also refer to ice, or hot referring to a boiling state or even steam.

That makes me wonder at what elevation wwwh is. The TC is above 5,000 feet and below 10, 200 feet. At the elevation of 5k feet the water/s will be cooler than water/s at much lower elevations. Can wwwh be at a lower elevation than the TC? I believe that it very well could be. It could also be at a higher elevation. The possibilities are not limited.

Maybe you all can see what I mean by my rambling....
So Mote It Be!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where do Warm Waters Halt? (Continued) tyounis 18 1,064 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Luckydog