Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think it's likely that the chest has already been found?
06-20-2017, 08:27 AM,
Personally I don't believe that Fenn has a foolproof means to know if the chest has been found -- and I think it's very possible (perhaps even likely) that the chest has already been quietly found.

What do you think?
06-20-2017, 08:31 AM,
RE: Do you think it's likely that the chest has already been found?
nah i firmly believe FF hide a replica with a claim in it

thats why He so sure Who will own it

that would be why the TC dont match dated measurements

just my beliefs
06-20-2017, 08:48 AM,
The reason why he will know is because of the length of time you need to spend on site to understand, think and then figure out the last part of the poem. The timeframe involved means it is inevitable you won't be able to resist contacting him. I've made 4 trips total, with 3 of those working on the last clue(s)

This is not something that even smarter people than me can solve in one visit... not unless you are lucky.

If the last part was easy then there is a chance you would find it quick and never need to contact Fenn.... I wish this was the case
06-20-2017, 10:58 AM,
I think it may have been found, but I don't think it's been taken yet.
06-20-2017, 11:20 AM,
All speculation. All!
06-20-2017, 11:44 AM,
Not found. He would know, he would have told us all. There absolutely has to be some way that he knows if it's still there or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-20-2017, 11:59 AM,
Until we have some concrete idea of how deeply subjective vs. straightforward the 9 clue solves to the poem are, it's impossible to hazard a guess of whether the chest has been retrieved yet or not. If they are as simple as my solve (i.e. if my hidey spot is correct), then I'd say yes, I'd assume someone has quietly retrieved it. But if its truly coded & complex like a lot of folks on here believe, then the answer is likely no, it hasn't been gotten yet.
06-20-2017, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 12:23 PM by realistrealist.)
(06-20-2017, 11:44 AM)Copper Wrote: Not found. He would know, he would have told us all. There absolutely has to be some way that he knows if it's still there or not.

He's willing to leave his inheritance (at least part) to the person who finds it. There's an inference to this in one of the SB's (albeit sleight). He wants the chest in the Smithsonian/museum along with his other artifacts.

I like to think I'm pretty good at reading people and putting things together so...when he says he hopes the person who finds it will donate it... he is subtly hinting at and hoping they find his inheritance enough (and he likely hopes it will be found in his lifetime).

Logically, the only way to know with absolute certainty it has been found is for the treasure to be worth LESS than a secondary reward/paperwork found within chest/by contacting Fenn.

When you figure Forrest's gallery was worth $20M (unsure of liabilities) prior to being sold and was bringing in $6M in revenue a year (expenses not included) prior to being sold (in the '80s...), it stands to reason he has a pretty nice cash stockpile (some of which has been used for cars and degrees for his children/grandchildren). He has spoken about buying and selling gold and other things which I assume occurred after the sale of the gallery and would probably put his net worth north of at least $10M.

All IMO
06-20-2017, 02:10 PM,
Fenn said he put an IOU in thr chest worth 100k. Alls you have to do is take it to his bank in santa fe... Thats how he will know for sure... He also said he cant Remember if he took it out, tgats a 15%er
06-20-2017, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 02:17 PM by rmannaa.)
This is where it is. And believe me he WILL know when it's found. http://rmannaa.wordpress.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would you need to disclose where you found the chest? LuckyLove 6 476 09-14-2017, 06:27 AM
Last Post: LuckyLove
  Will the chest be found 2017 search season? The Count 24 5,431 09-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ROLL TIDE
  When the chest is found, what should be done? delayah 6 1,069 06-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  Do you think Fenn wants the chest to be found soon? GoneAlone 19 3,985 06-22-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: illinoisghost
  CHEST HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! PRESS CONFERENCE PENDING!!! glock20 35 7,189 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: azuredeb
  Do you think the chest will be found this year? GoneAlone 13 3,068 09-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Kpro