Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thrill of the “Chase Wall Map” – Limited edition prints.
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM,
$100 ?.....It's A Piece Of Paper !!!....WTH ?...I guess it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....put's me in mind of the toast on ebay with what looked like a face on it.....sheesh....maybe I need to go have some made up with the Rockies on them and hire FF to sign them for $20 a piece.....looks like a going concern and a viable business.....take it easy guys,.... just another man's opinion.....but you won't catch me spending that kind of dough on paper...... unless it is toilet paper.
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM,
money isn't worth the paper it's printed on... I love my maps, and so do my friends and family.

Sounds like you may be needing t-paper sooner than later LOL. Sorry Rip, couldn't pass up that one.

Who's got number 9?
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Ripsaw on March 23, 2014, 12:58 pm</b>

$100 ?.....It's A Piece Of Paper !!!....WTH ?...I guess it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....put's me in mind of the toast on ebay with what looked like a face on it.....sheesh....maybe I need to go have some made up with the Rockies on them and hire FF to sign them for $20 a piece.....looks like a going concern and a viable business.....take it easy guys,.... just another man's opinion.....but you won't catch me spending that kind of dough on paper...... unless it is toilet paper.
</div>

LOL... I remember when... Cabbage patch dolls sold for as much as 1000 $, and one could spend more money to adopt the little fabric stuff doll. Pet rocks were sold in almost every store! And what were those little fuzzy things called... Oh! right Beanie Babies.

Today we will be the first to pay big dollars for the newest phone,when we just paid 599.00 a year ago for the now old one, while knowing that in one year the new one will not be worth the metal and plastic it is made of. But there is a difference between a fad and a collectable. So which one will the map end up being.
03-23-2014, 02:51 PM,
@ Mr. T. It wouldn't be a rumor since know the story of the X on the map. I was told the story from Bridger, when I purchased my maps. Per your request, I will not say what the story is. If you would like me to tell you directly you can email me. slmonahan@hotmail.com
03-25-2014, 01:25 AM,
In 1984 with our baby daughter, we make the trip into downtown to watch the beginning of the Iditarod Dog Race. The race would be a new experience for my girlfriend and me, since we had just moving to Anchorage. We got married in Alaska and our daughter was born in Alaska. Anyway, before the race you can walk among the Mushers and the dogs. My little girl just loved seeing, touching and being among the Huskies. It was a great day for us. The Iditarod Race is a moment in our lives that will never be forgotten.

When the race ended, the winner came to Anchorage to sign autographs for free as well as signing a limited amount of posters for a pricey amount.

30 years later it still hangs on the wall and in those 30 years, it has never been just a “piece of paper”.

That $25 poster brings back memories that are priceless!

03-25-2014, 12:50 PM,
@Mr. T. - I enjoyed your story about the Iditarod. I also purchased a map from Bridger. He allowed me to pick my number from those remaining. I had not heard before that the person who solves the poem would get #1 of 100.

As an old idiom goes "One man's trash is another man's treasure." I decided to purchase a map because of a personal connection to my search story. I will have it framed and will enjoy it as a reminder of the thrill of the chase.

When my husband and I return this year to our search area, I plan on video recording our journey from WWWH all the way to our spot. Since a few of the grandsons are involved in our quest, I would want to share the trip and also the map with them.
03-25-2014, 12:56 PM,
While that is a touching story and great sales pitch for these maps, technically speaking, it is still just a piece of paper, nothing more. The memories are in your mind, and the map only serves to surface them from time to time when you look at it. A snapshot would have served the same purpose for 6 cents. The sense of smell is a greater tool for surfacing long dormant memories according to experiments.

So with that rational, I could think of many things I would rather spend my $100 on.....such as maybe attending a book signing by FF and walking outside and getting a bottle of dirt from the ground there,.... to smell later....or better yet, a snapshot of the map for free....Wal-Mart blows them up on the cheap......heh heh.... ever the frugal rip..........lot of good it's done me so far......been wearing the same clothes for 29 years.....except underooos...they don't hold up like they use to.....LOL
03-25-2014, 08:01 PM,
I bought the map for me to have personal attachment to the chase, I would have paid $200 if need be!
03-25-2014, 08:28 PM,
@ Mr.T - I spent school years in AK and was likely on the same street as you (as an 11 year old) in 1984. It's a magical event to stand on that street with all of the racers finishing!

Lived near Potter's Marsh - and you?
03-25-2014, 11:36 PM,
(LOL)

I surely will add that "sales pitch" to my resume...

Name: Mr T.

Home address: North of Santa Fe

Lifes Objective: To find a 10X10X6 box

Job skills: Treasure Hunter / <b>(Map Salesman - as of Mach 25, 2014, 1:56pm)</b>

Big Grin Disclaimer

The following misunderstood perception is from ChaseChat/ forum-Chat about the Chase-Too Far to Walk-Thrill of the “chase Wall Map” – Limited edition prints.

{See Page 4 - 2nd post on that page}

<i>*No treasure hunters where injured while the making of this resume.</i>

