Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Thrill of the “Chase Wall Map” – Limited edition prints.
01-24-2014, 07:53 PM,
Here is the latest email From Bridger with Benchmark.

<i>Hi Larry,

We have 7 maps left at Benchmark. I’m unsure how many are left at Collected Works, but I know they are selling because I’m receiving calls for the certificate and compass story that can only be obtained thru Benchmark. Once these folks send me a pic of their map’s number, I mail them the 2 docs.

Thanks,

Bridger</i>

Just got off the phone with Collected Works and they have 18 maps. So, 25 maps yet to be sold. Almost there...

Yes, it’s just a map but…

What happen to Canada, the declination lines and ( X ) marks the spot Wink

Cool stories you need to know. <b>just 25 to go.</b>

03-17-2014, 04:07 PM,
What are everyone's numbers for the map? I tried for 1 of 100 (I knew that wasn't going to happen), and then 100 of 100. That had already been taken at that time too. I actually ordered 2 maps. One for my house, and one for my office. They are great conversation pieces. I did get 11 & 50. I decided for the lowest number I could get, and half way through the print. I guess it doesn't make a difference, but that was the trail I took. Anyone else care to share their storie? I think I know the story about the X marking the spot, but it seems to be some sort of secret that isn't being shared until all me maps are sold. Me being new to the forum I don't want to rattle anyone's cage and say what I was told. If it is ok to whoever I will share my info, they just have to give me the ok. Happy hunting.
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM,
Story* Sorry, spelling is horrible, and I didn't catch that when I read it back to myself. haha
03-22-2014, 09:24 PM,
Hey SLM, sorry I missed your post. Great idea to get a map for work. The maps are truly a conversation piece.

When I took my map in to be framed, the store owner laid it out on the counter to take measurements and to lay out different frames styles. Well, the people in the story would walk up to and read it and then turn to me and ask me questions about the treasure hunt they never heard about. Even the store owner’s assistant got interested and thought there was a rhythm or a beat to the poem and he felt it might be coordinates. It’s great to listen to a first timers first impression of the poem.

The same thing happened when I came back to pick up my map. Lots of people to talk to.

The best part was when the story owner said we might be related. He Great Grandparents had the same last name as mine, but they had lived in a different state. When she said Espanola, New Mexico, that blew my mind. I told her my side of the family lives in Santa Fe to Espanola to Penasco to Taos to Mora. Time will tell if I will be getting a Family discount at the frame store…

I have 10 of 100. But 1 of 100 is being saved for the person who finds the treasure. On the X story, best to keep to yourself if you don’t mind. Let Bridger tell the story to Stephanie first and than she can post it. That way it’s not rumor.

03-23-2014, 11:58 AM,
$100 ?.....It's A Piece Of Paper !!!....WTH ?...I guess it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....put's me in mind of the toast on ebay with what looked like a face on it.....sheesh....maybe I need to go have some made up with the Rockies on them and hire FF to sign them for $20 a piece.....looks like a going concern and a viable business.....take it easy guys,.... just another man's opinion.....but you won't catch me spending that kind of dough on paper...... unless it is toilet paper.
03-23-2014, 01:38 PM,
money isn't worth the paper it's printed on... I love my maps, and so do my friends and family.

Sounds like you may be needing t-paper sooner than later LOL. Sorry Rip, couldn't pass up that one.

Who's got number 9?
03-23-2014, 01:53 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Ripsaw on March 23, 2014, 12:58 pm</b>

$100 ?.....It's A Piece Of Paper !!!....WTH ?...I guess it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it....put's me in mind of the toast on ebay with what looked like a face on it.....sheesh....maybe I need to go have some made up with the Rockies on them and hire FF to sign them for $20 a piece.....looks like a going concern and a viable business.....take it easy guys,.... just another man's opinion.....but you won't catch me spending that kind of dough on paper...... unless it is toilet paper.
</div>

LOL... I remember when... Cabbage patch dolls sold for as much as 1000 $, and one could spend more money to adopt the little fabric stuff doll. Pet rocks were sold in almost every store! And what were those little fuzzy things called... Oh! right Beanie Babies.

Today we will be the first to pay big dollars for the newest phone,when we just paid 599.00 a year ago for the now old one, while knowing that in one year the new one will not be worth the metal and plastic it is made of. But there is a difference between a fad and a collectable. So which one will the map end up being.
03-23-2014, 02:51 PM,
@ Mr. T. It wouldn't be a rumor since know the story of the X on the map. I was told the story from Bridger, when I purchased my maps. Per your request, I will not say what the story is. If you would like me to tell you directly you can email me. slmonahan@hotmail.com
03-25-2014, 01:25 AM,
In 1984 with our baby daughter, we make the trip into downtown to watch the beginning of the Iditarod Dog Race. The race would be a new experience for my girlfriend and me, since we had just moving to Anchorage. We got married in Alaska and our daughter was born in Alaska. Anyway, before the race you can walk among the Mushers and the dogs. My little girl just loved seeing, touching and being among the Huskies. It was a great day for us. The Iditarod Race is a moment in our lives that will never be forgotten.

When the race ended, the winner came to Anchorage to sign autographs for free as well as signing a limited amount of posters for a pricey amount.

30 years later it still hangs on the wall and in those 30 years, it has never been just a “piece of paper”.

That $25 poster brings back memories that are priceless!

03-25-2014, 12:50 PM,
@Mr. T. - I enjoyed your story about the Iditarod. I also purchased a map from Bridger. He allowed me to pick my number from those remaining. I had not heard before that the person who solves the poem would get #1 of 100.

As an old idiom goes "One man's trash is another man's treasure." I decided to purchase a map because of a personal connection to my search story. I will have it framed and will enjoy it as a reminder of the thrill of the chase.

When my husband and I return this year to our search area, I plan on video recording our journey from WWWH all the way to our spot. Since a few of the grandsons are involved in our quest, I would want to share the trip and also the map with them.