Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Sadly, more will die
07-30-2017, 11:34 AM,
Sadly, more will die
Sorry to be the debbie downer here but it's inevitable.

Searchers have attempted many of the reasonable and less dangerous solves since 2010 and have nothing to dissuade them from doing really stupid stuff. As this chase continues without anything additional from Fenn more searchers will push the limits of reason. And Fenn will need to continue to deal with the negative press.

Fenn has said he is done giving out additional info and that is his choice. As the body count continues to pile up the negative press will only get worse. It is a reasonable conclusion to believe the chest has not been found because the path is harder than the solves that have already been attempted and searchers will push those limits.

Some feel 100% of the responsibility is on the searcher. That was fine and dandy until Randy's death. As more deaths occur the fanatics who think Fenn can do no wrong will be drowned out by the public and the press as they become more involved. And whether the fanatics like it or not this hunt will take on a whole new and undesirable life of its own.

We are already seeing hints that the families of the 3 publicized deaths are forming an alliance to work against Fenn. That is not good.

Had the community come together with a reasonable position on these deaths beginning with Randy, this turn of events may not have happened. I'm sure Fenn pays attention to the blogs and forums and takes the general consensus into consideration. Had Fenn responded to these deaths differently and forwarded the Chase in some way this may not be happening.

I am expecting a handful of you fanatics to respond here to praise Fenn and criticize the searchers who have died. Realize this fanaticism is part of the problem and why the chase is headed the direction it is. You could be influential in a positive change and the direction but should things remain the same I am afraid you will not like the eventual outcome that you had the ability to influence.
07-30-2017, 11:37 AM,
Sadly, more will die
I read the first couple of lines and then slapped myself for even reading that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-30-2017, 11:37 AM,
RE: Sadly, more will die
What is your source of info on the three family's getting together to make life tough for Forrest?
07-30-2017, 11:38 AM,
Sadly, more will die
[Image: a4b79f34b43140cf3a4e6436c16d0a92.jpg]

07-30-2017, 11:40 AM,
(07-30-2017, 11:37 AM)timrawa Wrote: What is your source of info on the three family's getting together to make life tough for Forrest?

The recent newspaper article by the Albuquerque Journal

"Gambrell said Fenn needs to take ownership for the lost lives, adding that he is in contact with family members of Wallace and Bilyeu, the other treasure hunters who have died, to begin a campaign against the author."
07-30-2017, 11:43 AM,
Sounds like a 'BET', if you ask me.
07-30-2017, 11:43 AM,
Sadly, more will die
That is the dumbest thing I've heard! That is the same as McDonald's caused my heart attack!
McDonald's didn't drag me to the drive thru to order a sausage burrito, hash brown and ice coffee?
Shit now I'm hungry for McDonald's

07-30-2017, 11:49 AM,
Sounds like extortion.
07-30-2017, 12:02 PM,
What an appropriate name.
07-30-2017, 12:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 12:09 PM by The Count.)
Your gonna die, I'm gonna die, were all gonna die.......geez Debbie becareful you might drown in your own tears of depression and if you do we all know it will be Fenns fault....

down with the evil twin