Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Sadly, more will die
07-30-2017, 01:08 PM,
Sadly, more will die
(07-30-2017, 01:02 PM)presby Wrote: Pretty sure Debbie isn't Bet. Just shares a similar viewpoint. Not one I support in particular.

But let's all heckle her until she never posts again.

Because we don't want to allow diversity of opinion on CC. That would set a negative precedence.

But Debbie isn't setting a negative tone by starting a thread that the The Thrill of the Chase is responsible for people's deaths?
All I'm saying is that she can make her own website and bash all she wants but here I like it to stay somewhat positive on the chase. If I want to hear depressing stuff I'll watch CNN and Fox News

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-30-2017, 01:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017, 01:23 PM by presby.)
RE: Sadly, more will die
Or Will,

(Who happens to be in my top five of favorite posters on all Chase forums)...

She can come on here and comment on a public forum that was set up and designed to accept postings of differing ideas and viewpoints on Fenn's Chase.

But no. Let's all whip off our pants and wave our tackles in her face so that she never dares show up here again!

But onto more important matters.

Will, do you favor a dry or live bait tackle?

I'm more for dry but will stoop to live bait if it's been a lean season.
07-30-2017, 01:29 PM,
(07-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Shadetree Wrote: Look guys, there's nothing wrong with a dose of reality from time to time. DD makes a fair observation whether you like it or not. There is also a little legal diddy known as an "attractive nuisance".

shadetree is right about attractive nuisance,law ,its like if you own a swing set on your
property a kid swings on it ,then falls off breaks their arm you are liable,but as far as TC goes its not on fenns property so that would be tough for fenn to be held liable
07-30-2017, 01:30 PM,
Sadly, more will die
(07-30-2017, 01:22 PM)presby Wrote: Or Will,

(Who happens to be in my top five of favorite posters on all Chase forums)...

She can come on here and comment on a public forum that was set up and designed to accept postings of differing ideas and viewpoints on Fenn's Chase.

But no. Let's all whip off our pants and wave our tackles in her face so that she never dares show up here again!

But onto more important matters.

Will, do you favor a dry or live bait tackle?

I'm more for dry but will stoop to live bait if it's been a lean season.

Yes you're right, I did go on the defense mode. The Chase is a hobby of mine and I enjoy it. So when a negative post pops up and ruins that enjoyment I get that yes my pants do sang a bit.

When I'm done with the chase I will go on my marry way and no use to spend countless hours to change anyone's mind about it.

There are things I disagree with that others like but you don't see me on there promoting my ideology to them!

Yes I do get passionate about the chase

07-30-2017, 01:34 PM,
I don't like it when commenters shove their opinions at me either Bud, believe me.

So I'm with you there.
07-30-2017, 01:35 PM,
Sadly, more will die
(07-30-2017, 01:29 PM)pidmt Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 12:12 PM)Shadetree Wrote: Look guys, there's nothing wrong with a dose of reality from time to time. DD makes a fair observation whether you like it or not. There is also a little legal diddy known as an "attractive nuisance".

shadetree is right about attractive nuisance,law ,its like if you own a swing set on your
property a kid swings on it ,then falls off breaks their arm you are liable,but as far as TC goes its not on fenns property so that would be tough for fenn to be held liable

I'm a insurance adjuster so let me correct this odd theory about that.

If a kid breaks his arm on your property and they try to sue you they must prove negligence on the owners part. If the kids parents let the kid wonder off unattended the property owner and insurance company can go after the parent for subrogation

07-30-2017, 01:39 PM,
(07-30-2017, 01:35 PM)will197532 Wrote:

If a kid breaks his arm on your property and they try to sue you they must prove negligence on the owners part. If the kids parents let the kid wonder off unattended the property owner and insurance company can go after the parent for subrogation

stuff like this rarely goes to court ,home owners insurance settle out of court most the time,
07-30-2017, 01:40 PM,
The topic is open for discussion and differing viewpoints are welcome. It just appears the chase is heading in the wrong direction since Randy's death and the sites go on business as usual trying to put a happy spin on what is becoming an unhappy situation.

I had hoped this topic would spur conversation on a productive suggestion that would satisfy both sides of the Fenn chase that maybe Fenn would see and consider. We are his consumers after all and I think Fenn might listen to what we have to say on the matter because if we don't the media and non chasers will.
07-30-2017, 01:45 PM,
I have often wondered why people seem to re-interpret everything Forrest says so that what he says means something else - but they DON'T do that with his words about the TC being not in a dangerous place. I'm betting that there is wading that needs to be done through a formidable waterway:

- Forrest went so far as to tell which kind of waders to use in his message about safety, when you'd have expected him to say "Entering into water is not necessary to find the treasure." But he basically confirmed the opposite IMO.

- People also say "The man was 80, he walked with a shuffle, he didn't cross through dangerous water!"
Well, he was a tall & spry 80 year old who showed no signs of shuffling, and he had a lot of experience wading in deep water while fly fishing...So I suggest that he was able to do it back and forth that day, and he was mighty proud of himself for doing so.

DebbieDowner, you are probably right that there will be more calamities associated with the Chase, and I'll tentatively predict that FF will end the Chase at some point by telling his grandson to go retrieve it & bring it back to him, so he can shut the whole thing down for good.

I could totally be wrong though.
07-30-2017, 01:46 PM,
Sadly, more will die
(07-30-2017, 01:39 PM)pidmt Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 01:35 PM)will197532 Wrote:

stuff like this rarely goes to court ,home owners insurance settle out of court most the time,

That use to me the way but now with lobbyist and the fact they can fight it is cheaper than paying out all the time is their way now.