Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How long have you been involved?
08-02-2017, 04:32 PM,
RE: How long have you been involved?
(08-02-2017, 03:27 PM)debbiedowner Wrote: Aren't you just being silly. I've seen posts of yours at Dal's that go back many years admin. How much do you think you have spent sum total over all these years pursuing Fenn's chest?
Funny, but I never went by admin on Dal's. Booga booga who are ya?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
08-02-2017, 05:11 PM,
(08-02-2017, 04:32 PM)admin Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 03:27 PM)debbiedowner Wrote: Aren't you just being silly. I've seen posts of yours at Dal's that go back many years admin. How much do you think you have spent sum total over all these years pursuing Fenn's chest?

You're Stephanie, right? Aren't you the same Stephanie that used to post over at Dal's back around 2012? Your avatars looking strikingly similar if you aren't the same Stephanie.
08-02-2017, 05:27 PM,
I will not have another double droolers delight!
-.-..The keeper of the key
08-02-2017, 06:26 PM,
I saw the negative article about the pastor's death (I guess late June 2017) and then looked up Forrest Fenn. I almost immediately began searching for definitions, places, pictures, poem, etc... I believe I committed to the hunt on 6-24-2017. I didn't realize how long you guys have been in this hunt until I came back and started research online; I am humbled by your presence here.
My dumb "trips" I didn't record, lol. Actually my phone disappeared in Raton when I left it on my car roof. All the pictures were in the phone.
I searched every Santa Fe Trail crossing from OK, (into CO also) to Waltrous and down to within 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe. It was hot there most of the time. I even drove up to Bear Lake, Miami Lake, Black Lake, Cimmaron Canyon Park, Ute Public use area, Eagle Nest, Taos, Questa and over to the Rio Grand. I was in the motel that night drying out and recovering from the shock of driving through 6-8" of snow on US 64 toward Cimmaron for the Raton motel.
That is the oh, no moment with the enchanted brochure and the BLM maps and wildlife and fishing manuals... I erased this first four days from my memory banks and now my trips start from one again.
So, I didn't prepare properly, didn't have even a heavy jacket and drove out to NM about 1700 miles... I was in the proper areas I believe (after the Santa Fe Trail fiasco); however, I had three full days without rain. I was wet and cold each night, lol...
The fourth of July and the following week were spent driving, looking, walking with my cane and freezing my arse off...
But I think I will make another trip later this month to explore and finish my first "trip" that couldn't be completed due to lightening and rain. The second "trip" couldn't be completed because my physical ability was exceeded. Then I went back to the first "trip" and was rained out. Finally, I left NM to drive back so I could return the rental before two weeks was over.
I have maps, notes, pictures, etc, laptop, heavy clothing, rain gear, tent, sleeping bag, pot and pan and small propane burner, etc. for a month in the wilds of NM (or CO). There are a couple dozen trips already mapped and may add a few others in CO. I found it odd that three of the trips bring me to the exact same spot. The second trip went higher than 10,200' so need to revise it to the lower part only; I was so exhausted that day that I forgot to search for the final clues at the lower elevations and it was beginning to get dark...
It is really beautiful in NM and CO... I was awe-struck with the raw beauty of the area.
I am alone there (I know not a good idea.)... I am being as safe as one person can... I haven't seen a rattlesnake yet; I have seen two copperheads, a bull snake, a black-looking bear (with brown tufts around the hip, shoulder and belly), antelope, deer (huge size compared to Ohio deer), elk, huge bunnies, and even a few camel in Maxwell Reserve.
I have thought about leaving a map with the Ranger station so they could come look for my bones (nah, they might peek at the map), lol... I call home one time per week or if I need to find a local internet wifi... My friend knows the exact locations of the trips and could locate me (with the treasures locked in my dying grip)...
Have fun out there; tell the rattlesnakes to get out of my way. No, I must use my cane because my secret I can keep...
just saying ss
08-02-2017, 06:37 PM,
(08-02-2017, 03:32 PM)RedneckExpress Wrote:

Troll Alert! It's Baaaaaack!!! Do Not feed the troll folks!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

By responding to it, you feed it. Please remember this.
08-02-2017, 07:35 PM,
(08-02-2017, 05:11 PM)debbiedowner Wrote:

You're Stephanie, right? Aren't you the same Stephanie that used to post over at Dal's back around 2012? Your avatars looking strikingly similar if you aren't the same Stephanie.
No my name is Wilma.....Wilma go away Debbie downer?

08-02-2017, 07:45 PM,
(08-02-2017, 07:35 PM)admin Wrote:

My apologies Wilma. I could have sworn some of the posts here at chasechat referred to you as Stephanie.
08-02-2017, 07:53 PM,
(08-02-2017, 06:26 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: I saw the negative article about the pastor's death (I guess late June 2017) and then looked up Forrest Fenn. I almost immediately began searching for definitions, places, pictures, poem, etc... I believe I committed to the hunt on 6-24-2017. I didn't realize how long you guys have been in this hunt until I came back and started research online; I am humbled by your presence here.
My dumb "trips" I didn't record, lol. Actually my phone disappeared in Raton when I left it on my car roof. All the pictures were in the phone.
I searched every Santa Fe Trail crossing from OK, (into CO also) to Waltrous and down to within 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe. It was hot there most of the time. I even drove up to Bear Lake, Miami Lake, Black Lake, Cimmaron Canyon Park, Ute Public use area, Eagle Nest, Taos, Questa and over to the Rio Grand. I was in the motel that night drying out and recovering from the shock of driving through 6-8" of snow on US 64 toward Cimmaron for the Raton motel.
That is the oh, no moment with the enchanted brochure and the BLM maps and wildlife and fishing manuals... I erased this first four days from my memory banks and now my trips start from one again.
So, I didn't prepare properly, didn't have even a heavy jacket and drove out to NM about 1700 miles... I was in the proper areas I believe (after the Santa Fe Trail fiasco); however, I had three full days without rain. I was wet and cold each night, lol...
The fourth of July and the following week were spent driving, looking, walking with my cane and freezing my arse off...
But I think I will make another trip later this month to explore and finish my first "trip" that couldn't be completed due to lightening and rain. The second "trip" couldn't be completed because my physical ability was exceeded. Then I went back to the first "trip" and was rained out. Finally, I left NM to drive back so I could return the rental before two weeks was over.
I have maps, notes, pictures, etc, laptop, heavy clothing, rain gear, tent, sleeping bag, pot and pan and small propane burner, etc. for a month in the wilds of NM (or CO). There are a couple dozen trips already mapped and may add a few others in CO. I found it odd that three of the trips bring me to the exact same spot. The second trip went higher than 10,200' so need to revise it to the lower part only; I was so exhausted that day that I forgot to search for the final clues at the lower elevations and it was beginning to get dark...
It is really beautiful in NM and CO... I was awe-struck with the raw beauty of the area.
I am alone there (I know not a good idea.)... I am being as safe as one person can... I haven't seen a rattlesnake yet; I have seen two copperheads, a bull snake, a black-looking bear (with brown tufts around the hip, shoulder and belly), antelope, deer (huge size compared to Ohio deer), elk, huge bunnies, and even a few camel in Maxwell Reserve.
I have thought about leaving a map with the Ranger station so they could come look for my bones (nah, they might peek at the map), lol... I call home one time per week or if I need to find a local internet wifi... My friend knows the exact locations of the trips and could locate me (with the treasures locked in my dying grip)...
Have fun out there; tell the rattlesnakes to get out of my way. No, I must use my cane because my secret I can keep...

That reminds me of some of my early adventures when I went alone on my trips. But then I got smart after Randy's ill advised trip and bought a Delorme emergency transmitter/with texting ability. I'm no longer a spring chicken and if I hurt my leg, get bit by a snake, lose my way... I want to hit the button and get rescued or text my wife and have her call the ranger station so they can bring me gas, water, etc...

I love that emergency beacon because I can hike and not worry about myself or my kids getting hurt and not being able to get help. What if a rattlesnake bites one of my kids? At my age and their weight, there is no way I can carry them to safety so I will have to go get help and I'm sure it will take hours before help gets there.

Please bring the transmitter in case of an emergency - especially if you're alone.
08-02-2017, 08:29 PM,
How long have you been involved?
(08-02-2017, 07:45 PM)debbiedowner Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 07:35 PM)admin Wrote:

My apologies Wilma. I could have sworn some of the posts here at chasechat referred to you as Stephanie.

Please don't apologize DD. I hated to be played a fool while I was trying to figure out the chase and the forums and many had a laugh on my account. As much as I deserved it, I still felt bad when I realized it later.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
08-02-2017, 08:42 PM,
About 7 months.