Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How long have you been involved?
08-02-2017, 09:12 PM,
RE: How long have you been involved?
Long enough to know better than go chasing pipe dreams...But what the hey, I'm retired, little to worry about, and not too old to still HAVE dreams...

Why not the Chase? It's been a real hoot on these various blogs for a few years now...Never seen such touchy people sometimes though...Has gotten real cut throat now and again...And every once in a while a wacko joins the ranks(not pointin' fingers now)...

It remains enjoyable for the most part...So long's you don't let much get to ya and just let the occasional fire burn itself out without gettin' scorched and let the storms dissipate as the clouds roll away...

Plan on hangin' 'round til the chest is found at least...Myself, I'm bankin' on beatin' the rest o'yas to it anyways!...lol

Good luck to all o'ya an' good huntin'...
08-02-2017, 09:21 PM,
Quote:How long have you been involved?

Since March 2017, when I saw the episode of Expedition Unknown late one night when I was sick with the flu.
08-02-2017, 09:43 PM,
3/5/14

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
08-02-2017, 10:04 PM,
(08-02-2017, 09:12 PM)timebandit Wrote: Long enough to know better than go chasing pipe dreams...But what the hey, I'm retired, little to worry about, and not too old to still HAVE dreams...

Why not the Chase? It's been a real hoot on these various blogs for a few years now...Never seen such touchy people sometimes though...Has gotten real cut throat now and again...And every once in a while a wacko joins the ranks(not pointin' fingers now)...

It remains enjoyable for the most part...So long's you don't let much get to ya and just let the occasional fire burn itself out without gettin' scorched and let the storms dissipate as the clouds roll away...

Plan on hangin' 'round til the chest is found at least...Myself, I'm bankin' on beatin' the rest o'yas to it anyways!...lol

Good luck to all o'ya an' good huntin'...

Now Sam, you knows Seeker is gonna git there afore youse does!! Smile
08-02-2017, 10:08 PM,
He'll have to get off his duff first Loco...lol
08-02-2017, 10:53 PM,
Been involved in the chase long enough to know you serve red wine with meadowlark, and white wine with scissortail.
08-02-2017, 10:55 PM,
(08-02-2017, 09:43 PM)jdigginsz Wrote: 3/5/14

In 2004 I met a Brit woman named Sandy. Ex military, gay and a little scary...then. She owned a local rockshop and was President of local Rockhound club.
Always asked her where she was able to find a certain gem, as I was at a loss...at any rate, she would NEVER tell. Always answered in her British spit, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you. "
Funny. Ten years later, we met again. That was 3/5/14. She told us where to find the gems, and the trick to it. She also spoke of her failed attempt at Ojo Caliente when her and her partner rode to New Mexico from Northern California on her Harley to search for treasure. Then she read the poem.
That was it.
The next day, I went and Found the special gems I'd sought for ten years. I've been searching for Forrest treasure ever since.

08-06-2017, 02:42 PM,
How long have you been involved?
Yep Troll is here so color me gone .... but good news is that I have NEVER seen one troll out on the REAL path or paths they don't really get out much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-06-2017, 04:17 PM,
I heard about the chase when Fenn first hid the treasure, but wasnt interested. Got interested in January 2016 when Randy went missing and all the news reports repeated the poem. (That thing is still out there??). Then I realized that the maps I had been studying for a backpack trip matched the poem, at least I could identify wwwh and the canyon down. Scratched my head for months over HoB. Once I figured that out, I was first BOTG in October 2016. Over 2 dozen trips to the same search area since then.
08-06-2017, 05:09 PM,
Since about February of 2016.