Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Canyon Down dilemma....
08-04-2017, 08:49 AM,
The Canyon Down dilemma....
So far, i have been an armchair searcher but enjoying the chase immensely. Nothing more challenging than solving a world class puzzle so like a bunch of you i just keep browsing the awe inspiring scenic photos and linking descriptions from diffrent online maps. Well, after several sorta kinda decent solves that didn't get my gear loaded on the truck, i gumped into an eye opener!

This solve halted warm water in a canyon near a road that is a short drive from a bonafide "Brown" that is right across from a dry "no-paddle" creek bed traveling from a whitish blaze on a non steep hillside loaded with pines and an awesome view. Wowza... Can it be this simple? Been looking hard to disprove it but my hand keeps gettin closer to my backpack and boots. Then.... Uuumph! A kick in the gut just this morning from a geo map on which way the water is flowing in a nearby river. Ouch.

Checked more on elevations and sure enuff, my down is really up. So at this point, my question is can you go "canyon down" while elevation is going up? Like "over there" is kind of like "down there" not literally over or down.

What say?
Smoky
08-04-2017, 09:39 AM,
RE: The Canyon Down dilemma....
Down: Elevation, South, Below (your position), and my current Blue.
08-04-2017, 09:49 AM,
(08-04-2017, 08:49 AM)SmokyBaer Wrote: So far, i have been an armchair searcher but enjoying the chase immensely. Nothing more challenging than solving a world class puzzle so like a bunch of you i just keep browsing the awe inspiring scenic photos and linking descriptions from diffrent online maps. Well, after several sorta kinda decent solves that didn't get my gear loaded on the truck, i gumped into an eye opener!

This solve halted warm water in a canyon near a road that is a short drive from a bonafide "Brown" that is right across from a dry "no-paddle" creek bed traveling from a whitish blaze on a non steep hillside loaded with pines and an awesome view. Wowza... Can it be this simple? Been looking hard to disprove it but my hand keeps gettin closer to my backpack and boots. Then.... Uuumph! A kick in the gut just this morning from a geo map on which way the water is flowing in a nearby river. Ouch.

Checked more on elevations and sure enuff, my down is really up. So at this point, my question is can you go "canyon down" while elevation is going up? Like "over there" is kind of like "down there" not literally over or down.

What say?
Smoky

IMO, no paddle up your creek is being literal in telling you there is no paddle up your creek and describing either the name of the creek or something actually on the creek. Most read it in simplest terms meaning you physically won't be paddling up your creek, but that's due to Fenn's intentional ambiguous semantics and wordplay. He released a picture someone sent him in an email which had a picture of a physical paddle up creek from the stick figure - Fenn put sticky notes on the paddle and the person seemingly hinting that paddle refers to something besides just being able to paddle (...something in addition to not actually being able to paddle up the creek).

With respect to canyon down, in my opinion, either elevation or South is fine as an interpretation.
08-04-2017, 10:09 AM,
unfortunately, my "down" is up and north, sorta northeast.

Thinkin to apply Texas vernacular such as this paraphrased f statement "If i told you where HoB was, you would go right to the treasure" or when he stated searchers have walked right past the treasure. Both instances he didn't mean a right turn, in my opinion. I'm just looking at figuring "down" in a similar manner like "Down that canyon yonder". Is it working?
08-04-2017, 10:39 AM,
(08-04-2017, 10:09 AM)SmokyBaer Wrote: unfortunately, my "down" is up and north, sorta northeast.

Thinkin to apply Texas vernacular such as this paraphrased f statement "If i told you where HoB was, you would go right to the treasure" or when he stated searchers have walked right past the treasure. Both instances he didn't mean a right turn, in my opinion. I'm just looking at figuring "down" in a similar manner like "Down that canyon yonder". Is it working?

I'd try not forcing things, but Fenn is tricky so analyze everything to the best of your ability. He also said if you know what he means what difference does it make what words he uses.
08-04-2017, 10:49 AM,
'Canyon down' probably means down or to a lower elevation like others have said. Rivers obviously flow downhill, etc...
08-04-2017, 11:29 AM,
My canyon is tied to where warm waters halt in naming one place; the area in general.
08-04-2017, 03:48 PM,
Take it in the canyon down means youre going to go from overlooking down into the canyon to actalually going down into the canyon... But dont take this the wrong way,, its not dangerous so there is no rapelling down a canyon wall or anything. I would say more but you guys can come up with your own ideas in that regards, i sure have mine! Goodluck to all going searching this summer, not too much luck though, save a little for this guy lol
08-04-2017, 07:04 PM,
My interpretation is the same as McFly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
http://www.tarryscant.com
08-04-2017, 11:29 PM,
From the place where warm waters halt, the water flows down canyon. You follow the water flow down the canyon as IF you are rafting and put in below the HoB.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Summer's Dilemma - NM Searchers djjmciv 11 2,926 05-11-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: admin