Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
It seems to me that NOBODY has mentioned WHAT?!?
08-06-2017, 03:15 PM,
After my very first time reading TTOTC a few years back I made an observation that is valid and may help some. I have not seen it mentioned anywhere yet so I will just spill the beans. Ff and family went to YSNP every summer, and he mentioned that war was on and tires, gas etc. was rationed. His father was educated and logical and wise. So I propose that aside from the one detour mentioned about the old school house and quote on the wall he went out of his way to show family, most likely took the straightest and least hilly or winding roads to YSNP. They most likely traveled the same route every trip...most likely.
So having said that when looking at places on any maps keep In mind that the Interstate road system many are using was NOT there yet. Just FYI Route 66 was just getting started at this time and wasn't much help on their annual trip. Our Interstate roads were being developed between WW2, Korea, and even Later. The Interstate roads were actually modeled after the AUTOBAHN in Germany. I don't know if this helps much but I thought I would mention it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-06-2017, 03:36 PM,
I know it's not an exact but just to help narrow search areas process of eliminating areas.

08-06-2017, 03:48 PM,
RE: It seems to me that NOBODY has mentioned WHAT?!?
Deepthinker has found the answer related to exactly this topic. " This topic is wwwh and if one researches the old #'s related to Interstates you will find wwwh and when you connect the can opener ad then you have found wwwh".
08-06-2017, 03:49 PM,
There's been plenty of disscusion on this some in this thread , just have to know where to look

http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=5418&page=2

Also another disscusion around here about riches new and old being new and old road systems

down with the evil twin

08-06-2017, 04:03 PM,
We certainly agree on general area as start point. I will get back after more research. I haven't had time to be on CC much this week. My next trip to area is late September so it's crunch time before seasons change. Thx for responses

08-06-2017, 04:22 PM,
There's some good links in that thread about the subject. One of my main interest was how the Roads were marked or identified before the road system had signs. Apparently guide books were popular back then wish I could get my hands on one from 1910's or 1920's of or abouts the search area. My research about it from that thread was in its infancy. The links in that thread are good for learning road markers of the early road system some of which Marvin Fenn must of been accustom to.

down with the evil twin

08-06-2017, 06:09 PM,
Deepthinker: Yeah, there's been discussion on the subject but somehow ya'll missed the obvious. Some have mentioned the correct interstate but didn't go back in time far enough or went to far back. They road tripped beteen approx. 37' -48'. What games do kids play when on long road trips? When you find the right Secondary Interstate, it existed then, but what was it's designation then? When you connect wwwh to the can opener ad and a certain jet then you have the wwwh. If someone posts on here the right answer Deeep will confirm and explain.
08-06-2017, 06:29 PM,
When he said two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead...it freaked me out when I had this thought flash before me...what if when he passes... he's going there and Peggy will tell everyone?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
08-06-2017, 06:52 PM,
Deeps a friend. I love his ins n outs of the box (es).
08-06-2017, 07:19 PM,
Yep, needed a break, but he was a bad boy for a minute, n ban lasted longer than he was able to stay on break.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the starting point mentioned twice? filmguy 30 2,718 11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: mike marcum