Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
It seems to me that NOBODY has mentioned WHAT?!?
08-06-2017, 08:32 PM,
RE: It seems to me that NOBODY has mentioned WHAT?!?
Deeep needs to come back. His Chase Chat suicide was pretty stupid, but he's the only one on the blogs that consistently came up with plausible new ideas.
08-06-2017, 08:47 PM,
He could certainly give us something to dig into, huh.
08-07-2017, 01:13 AM,
(08-06-2017, 09:10 PM)NTMI Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 06:29 PM)admin Wrote: When he said two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead...it freaked me out when I had this thought flash before me...what if when he passes... he's going there and Peggy will tell everyone?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I was thinking maybe it's just me, Steph, so I went and checked one more time and I STILL can't find any instance of FF saying two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

For one, the premise is flawed. What if the one that is dead was actually the one that could keep the secret?

For two, what if it isn't people? What if it's wood? "...if one of them is Deadwood. " Or houses?
[Image: DeadHouse-2005.jpg]

He wrote that and said it. I think it's in TToTC, but regardless, it's misquoted and came from Ben Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac. The original saying is, "Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead." What I'm pretty sure it means is just that if two people know, it's not much of a secret. Abe Lincoln also said, "It's not me who can't keep a secret. It's the people I tell that can't." If you think about Lincoln's quote, you can probably figure out what Franklin and Fenn meant too.
08-07-2017, 04:11 AM,
Check the Lorene Mills interview on oldsantafetrading site. I always remember him saying it on there. Not sure if it's in tftw too.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
08-07-2017, 11:05 AM,
Deeepthnker: "Ben wise and (Rich's)ards new and old. I've posted this before people."
08-07-2017, 12:08 PM,
(08-07-2017, 11:32 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead."

page 133, TTOTC.

That's an odd sentence. The only person that can share "his" knowledge is himself.
08-08-2017, 05:42 AM,
(08-07-2017, 01:08 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 12:08 PM)realistrealist Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 11:32 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " It was vital that nobody share my knowledge about the location of the treasure. Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead."

page 133, TTOTC.

That's an odd sentence. The only person that can share "his" knowledge is himself.

Not so odd really.
If you can figure out who that 'nobody' is, it puts a whole different spin on things.
Only the shadow knows.

nobody = shadow.

There's always more than one way to 'read Fenn'.

Well Roll, I have heard people talk about The Shadow, and I am familiar with the old radio series, but I never looked in to it. One thing I can say is that it isn't odd either way, Shadow or not. Sharing knowledge just means more than one person knows. Like "we share the knowledge of fishing", or "we both know about fishing", same thing.
08-08-2017, 06:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 06:35 AM by wishiIwasRich.)
This is the video from world report on Forrest interview in 2013. He States about the " Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead." 8:07

https://youtu.be/ipvIGaVt7C8

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
08-08-2017, 09:42 AM,
The first paragraph tells you who the shadow is.
08-08-2017, 10:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2017, 10:03 AM by The Count.)
A shadow or a ghost?

Yesterday upon the stair
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away
When I came home last night at three
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall
I couldn’t see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don’t you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don’t slam the door
Last night I saw upon the stair
A little man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

Remember, stay safe in the mountains

down with the evil twin