Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Y'all better hurry the chase ends at $10 million!
08-07-2017, 10:14 AM,
Y'all better hurry the chase ends at $10 million!
Don't tarry!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margie-gol...36009.html

Quote:And what does Fenn have to say about all the publicity and commotion his hidden treasure story has generated? He replied, “I’ve never said what I though the treasure is worth because I don’t know, but writers keep upping its worth. When the value gets to $10 million I’m going back to get it.”
08-07-2017, 10:37 AM,
RE: Y'all better hurry the chase ends at $10 million!
(08-07-2017, 10:14 AM)debbiedowner Wrote: Don't tarry!

Quote:And what does Fenn have to say about all the publicity and commotion his hidden treasure story has generated? He replied, “I’ve never said what I though the treasure is worth because I don’t know, but writers keep upping its worth. When the value gets to $10 million I’m going back to get it.”

Debbie, I personal don't mind the warnings you give, but this kind of posting might get you in trouble with some on here. Is there a point to this post?
08-07-2017, 11:46 AM,
The point being it is chase related and in Forrest's own words. And a source that some may not have read or familiar with. I will be surprised how that is something that will get anyone into trouble.
08-07-2017, 11:48 AM,

I'm all for a safety monitor on the boards to warn people about the safety aspects. That can include the mental aspect of this (gold fever). There is no harm and if the message is received by those who need then it's a great thing for the chase as people stay safe and don't over extend themselves physically, mentally (stress) or monetarily. I think this is a fun activity if kept in the proper perspective.

But I would hope those who want to deliver that message stay on topic and don't degenerate into simple insults and labeling the chase a destructive activity. It's fun if you keep it safe. A thread with the dumbest things you've done on the chase might be helpful for others. No insults and no judging others. Sometimes we forget to bring our brains along with us on the trip and this thread could help with that. (And it's not just the chase as I have a few vacation stories that are worse than anything I've done on the chase. I guess travel makes me crazy.)
08-07-2017, 11:57 AM,
Me too and I have had many of those insults directed at me. I understand their frustration having spent so much time on this only to have the same old stuff being regurgitated. Without Forrest's input searchers are crawling out of their skin even during the search season.

With new searchers coming into this chase what some may find dumb having been in the chase may be something those new to the chase find pertinent or interesting.
08-07-2017, 01:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017, 01:02 PM by The Wolf.)
(08-07-2017, 11:48 AM)Indy Wrote:

I'm all for a safety monitor on the boards to warn people about the safety aspects. That can include the mental aspect of this (gold fever). There is no harm and if the message is received by those who need then it's a great thing for the chase as people stay safe and don't over extend themselves physically, mentally (stress) or monetarily. I think this is a fun activity if kept in the proper perspective.

But I would hope those who want to deliver that message stay on topic and don't degenerate into simple insults and labeling the chase a destructive activity. It's fun if you keep it safe. A thread with the dumbest things you've done on the chase might be helpful for others. No insults and no judging others. Sometimes we forget to bring our brains along with us on the trip and this thread could help with that. (And it's not just the chase as I have a few vacation stories that are worse than anything I've done on the chase. I guess travel makes me crazy.)
I support Indy's recommendation. I too do not mind Debbie's safety warning, as even I have switched from chase promotion to safety promotion, for I feel it is more pressing and a balance is required.

With that said, posting anything that implies the Chase may be over soon is in my opinion dangerous as it may pressure though infected with gold fever to take on unnecessary and highly risky attempts to retrieve the chest in desperation.

The rash of recent deaths, may even be related to a perceived pressure that the chase may end soon with the recent pressure for FF to retrieve the chest. This is purely speculation, but when we are dealing with irrational behaviour leading to irrational decisions, one must be careful with what they post. Common sense is not so common with those infected with gold fever.

That comment made by Mr. Fenn was a joke and should not be interpreted as the chase ending soon. I suggest deleting this thread.
08-07-2017, 01:19 PM,
It's already worth ten mill to the four search states.
08-07-2017, 03:17 PM,
(08-07-2017, 01:01 PM)The Wolf Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 11:48 AM)Indy Wrote:

I support Indy's recommendation. I too do not mind Debbie's safety warning, as even I have switched from chase promotion to safety promotion, for I feel it is more pressing and a balance is required.

With that said, posting anything that implies the Chase may be over soon is in my opinion dangerous as it may pressure though infected with gold fever to take on unnecessary and highly risky attempts to retrieve the chest in desperation.

The rash of recent deaths, may even be related to a perceived pressure that the chase may end soon with the recent pressure for FF to retrieve the chest. This is purely speculation, but when we are dealing with irrational behaviour leading to irrational decisions, one must be careful with what they post. Common sense is not so common with those infected with gold fever.

That comment made by Mr. Fenn was a joke and should not be interpreted as the chase ending soon. I suggest deleting this thread.

Yes Please delete. No Chase value whatsoever.