Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cold
08-11-2017, 12:45 PM,
Cold
(08-11-2017, 12:20 PM)Copper Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:56 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:23 PM)Razorback Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:05 PM)OjoDude Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 08:52 PM)Challenger11 Wrote: TTOTC page 111 When talking with the children at the gallery about a bronze Indian "They couldn't understand why it was cold to the touch when it was in a warm room".
I use this quote to define the use of the word "Cold" in the poem and it's about metal and not the temperature.

Your effort will be worth the metal?

Yes! Of course. Your effort will be worth the cold metal of the treasure chest when you pick it up or out of its hiding place.

That's awesome, didn't think about that! Super! Very cool!

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

I thought of the cold metal part as well. But I don't see him putting enough significance into the actual feel of the metal. But I'm way out in left field on my solve anyway. Warm waters halting for me is "learning the cold hard truth" if you will. The "cold" means you've learned it and now you get a prize for your increased knowledge. Now you are cold (aware) but also rich!! All good ideas here team, keep it up. If we'd start working together we'd have this chest in no time, AND Fenn would be really happy that people came together. Just a thought. Hell its Friday. Happy Friday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been tried many times and though I agree there is not a lot of trust to build a strong team. If everybody put everything out there I think the TC would be found in a weeks time.

Kpro

08-11-2017, 12:48 PM,
Cold
(08-11-2017, 12:45 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-11-2017, 12:20 PM)Copper Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:56 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:23 PM)Razorback Wrote:
(08-10-2017, 10:05 PM)OjoDude Wrote: Your effort will be worth the metal?

Yes! Of course. Your effort will be worth the cold metal of the treasure chest when you pick it up or out of its hiding place.

That's awesome, didn't think about that! Super! Very cool!

Kpro

I thought of the cold metal part as well. But I don't see him putting enough significance into the actual feel of the metal. But I'm way out in left field on my solve anyway. Warm waters halting for me is "learning the cold hard truth" if you will. The "cold" means you've learned it and now you get a prize for your increased knowledge. Now you are cold (aware) but also rich!! All good ideas here team, keep it up. If we'd start working together we'd have this chest in no time, AND Fenn would be really happy that people came together. Just a thought. Hell its Friday. Happy Friday!!

This has been tried many times and though I agree there is not a lot of trust to build a strong team. If everybody put everything out there I think the TC would be found in a weeks time.

Kpro

I just need someone in Wyoming to do what they say they are going to do Kpro.Smile. I've told an entire solve to someone who then decided not to check my spot. A real heartbreaker. But, sometimes putting yourself out there has grand rewards. He should have buried this thing in Alaska!

08-12-2017, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM by OjoDude.)
RE: Cold
I interpet the cold to mean you aren't out in the mountains where Fenn is comfortable. He finds "warm" or comfort being out in nature.
08-12-2017, 09:27 AM,
This much is clear (or as clear as anything else here). WWWH is where an apple or two are perched.

Cold, well maybe it's like a good quick kick to the system...perhaps in the same way icy current affects those that have come too close. Maybe it's out in the plain open.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
08-12-2017, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 11:20 AM by bitbucket.)
(08-12-2017, 09:27 AM)bitbucket Wrote: This much is clear (or as clear as anything else here). WWWH is where an apple or two are perched.

Cold, well maybe it's like a good quick kick to the system...perhaps in the same way icy current affects those that have come too close. Maybe it's out in the plain open.

Or...there's another cold place. It's pretty obvious so I'll not call it by it's proper name. Could it be that someone could travel afar and be so foolish as fail to unearth the final clue. Possibly.

I don't know about others but my 10-20 remains a Steal. Still too many shadows and not enough light. Maybe that Ojo dude knows enough to clarify matters. Dude was glassy eyed while Pollyanna stringed and capped. The topper is it has letters. If those letters were revealed here, ambiguity be damned, I'm certain even a fool might get the scoop sooner rather than later.

Even now, thinking further on the theme, another picture emerges, a sort of memento. And the mori think on it, the more the conclusion comes into focus. It's not just where you start but it's a vinyl curtain, too. Somehow, that just made itself known.

There may be factors in play that complicate and disquiet. I get it. I get it. Well, maybe not all but enough. If the weight of the chase is best dealt with after dark, then so it can be.
08-12-2017, 02:37 PM,
Dang...bitbucket you better slow down or your head is going to explode!
08-12-2017, 05:10 PM,
I start on things and drive them to conclusion. It's as much a fault as a gift. Sometimes I take a few detours on the path but I get there eventually.

Plain sight is not as obvious as it might seem, for instance. You could be standing in front of such a thing and fail to see it. Maybe, for all you know, it can't be seen without having the right perspective on the situation.

If you had the correct perspectives, though, and there basics you noticed...what to make of that itch, a small one? Where exactly?!?! Is it just that itch? Or, maybe something more meaningful? Nope I'll, sew nothing made of that danish ally.

Have things gone amiss and maybe complications have complicated forthcomings? Are secrets being kept or do they hide as they should?

If it's not clear yet, my cat passed a long time ago.

08-12-2017, 09:09 PM,
No secrets, but this mouse may have another chance this season to make peace with your dead cat - LOL. Life has no guarantees, but I am familiar with the rocky terrain, better that the forest service I would think... Your not always easy to understand bitbucket, a bit of multiple personality disorder, but I like the challenge of trying.