Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Straight forward
08-11-2017, 05:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 05:47 PM by LuckyLove.)
Straight forward
I think there may be some confusion about what Fenn meant when he said, "straight forward." I see it mentioned out of context often enough that I think it may help some to post this.

Which Clue? Featured Question with Forrest
By Jenny Kile · August 6, 2014
http://mysteriouswritings.com/which-clue...h-forrest/

Other than the poem describing how to locate the Trove and one of its purposes to encourage people to get out of the house and away from electronics, is the poem designed to convey a deeper significance? Is there a subtle message you are sharing with the reader and hope they realize? ~ Seeker

No Seeker,
The poem is straight forward with no subterfuge in sight. Someone in an email asked me if I didn’t know where the treasure was, and could have the answer to any clue in the poem, which would I choose. I think that question is so funny and it makes me wonder how Jenny’s readers might answer it.f
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Straightforward - uncomplicated and easy to do or understand or honest and frank

Straight forward - directly to the front or straight ahead.
08-11-2017, 05:49 PM,
RE: Straight forward
I don't think that the poem is exactly "straightforward" (the poem is difficult!)... but I also think that the poem is honest -- there's no trickery and it can be solved by one with experience with wordplay / word puzzles.
08-11-2017, 06:14 PM,
the hint in his answer is right there in the poem. and when he keeps giving answers where the multiple key words in his answers can be found in the poem acrostic, it is further confirming this is how he put the hints in the poem

08-11-2017, 06:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017, 08:14 AM by The Count.)
I think Forrest just means its straight forward in its a poem that leads to his treasure, and not a super secret map to the garden of eden, shangrala, the holy grail, a recipe to bake a one of a kind cake, 101 ways to find a rabbit hole that leads to china, or a screen play of a western movie....

Ok maybe it is that last one Wink
Educate yourself, it saves lives maybe your own.

down with the evil twin

Haters gonna hate
08-12-2017, 10:27 AM,
Ive always use the straight forward in context with the work Frank.

frankenstein is also known as an "IT"

Frank is a hot dog.. And Tesuque is one of those hotdog dogs..

Frankfurt Germany is where Nicole Brown Simpson was from, and Geneva is just below that on the border of France and Switzerland.

Geneva is where Most of the frankenstein story takes place.

Frankenstein is also "alone". Just another way to look at the monster stuff.

08-12-2017, 12:17 PM,
Straightforward: uncomplicated and easy to do or understand. Free of evasiveness or obscurity. Proceeding in a straight course or manner. Direct, undeviating.

I suppose if you cut through all the malarkey it could be rearranged to some useful purpose. But, as it stands, it is a chaos riddle with no discernible information.
08-12-2017, 12:37 PM,
I think some people are missing the point. Fenn, as far as we can prove, has never said the poem is straightforward.
08-12-2017, 12:50 PM,
Straight forward
(08-12-2017, 12:37 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: I think some people are missing the point. Fenn, as far as we can prove, has never said the poem is straightforward.

Here is Ff quote : http://mysteriouswritings.com/which-clue...h-forrest/

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
08-12-2017, 12:53 PM,
(08-12-2017, 12:50 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 12:37 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: I think some people are missing the point. Fenn, as far as we can prove, has never said the poem is straightforward.

Here is Ff quote : http://mysteriouswritings.com/which-clue...h-forrest/

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Hi K, I have that in the OP. He doesn't say straightforward. He says, "straight forward." There's a huge difference. I put the definitions of both in the OP to avoid confusion. I think some people just aren't getting it.
08-12-2017, 12:57 PM,
If you're interpreting Fenn's quote to be that there are no twists or turns from the start to the finish (the poem is "straight forward"), then I think we can all agree that's not the case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Forward imsunbuddynow 1 355 03-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  The illusion of straight forward Jack 11 2,038 12-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Is this what the winner has too look forward to? The Wolf 6 1,552 09-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Move forward with confidence... inohury 4 886 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pidmt
  My Way Forward - Post India Girl mdavis19 120 25,252 07-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel