Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Straight forward
08-14-2017, 12:33 PM,
RE: Straight forward
(08-14-2017, 11:17 AM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:10 AM)Tim Nobody Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:02 AM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:27 AM)pidmt Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 12:37 PM)LuckyLove Wrote: I think some people are missing the point. Fenn, as far as we can prove, has never said the poem is straightforward.

when i wrote that poem i wasnt playing any games.its straightforward ff
collected works bookstore /10-22-2013
I know about the statement. The problem with it is, he didn't spell it out. There's no proof in that statement that he was saying, "straightforward" as opposed to, "straight forward." The only proof we have one way or the other is his typed statement quoted in the OP. We can't assume his exact use of the term in the video. There's no way to know unless someone asks him.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

to me since I asked him that question I think he is saying that the poem is describing real physical locations not that the poem itself is straight forward. No tricks or codes and read the poem as real physical things.
All I'm saying is, we can't prove with certainty which way he was using the term during the Q&A at Moby Dickens. But, we can prove that he typed it as if he meant directly ahead in the Q&A at Mysterious Writings.

***Basically, the video is left open to interpretation.
You should write to Forrest and ask for a clarification if you a having issues with his exact wording/meaning. Straight forward or straightforward, the poem is still chaos until someone straightens it out.
08-14-2017, 12:44 PM,
(08-14-2017, 12:33 PM)Shadetree Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 10:27 AM)pidmt Wrote: when i wrote that poem i wasnt playing any games.its straightforward ff
I know about the statement. The problem with it is, he didn't spell it out. There's no proof in that statement that he was saying, "straightforward" as opposed to, "straight forward." The only proof we have one way or the other is his typed statement quoted in the OP. We can't assume his exact use of the term in the video. There's no way to know unless someone asks him.

to me since I asked him that question I think he is saying that the poem is describing real physical locations not that the poem itself is straight forward. No tricks or codes and read the poem as real physical things.
All I'm saying is, we can't prove with certainty which way he was using the term during the Q&A at Moby Dickens. But, we can prove that he typed it as if he meant directly ahead in the Q&A at Mysterious Writings.

You should write to Forrest and ask for a clarification if you a having issues with his exact wording/meaning. Straight forward or straightforward, the poem is still chaos until someone straightens it out.
I don't have any issue with what Fenn said. Was attempting to be helpful for some reason. Thinking some are having an issue accepting that he could, very well, be saying what I proposed. Could be both. But, if he's saying straight ahead most solves are broken.

08-14-2017, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 01:10 PM by bitbucket.)
(08-14-2017, 10:27 AM)pidmt Wrote: when i wrote that poem i wasnt playing any games.its straightforward ff

Shadetree - clearly, you've put a lot of thought into this particular topic. Probably, more than most. Maybe I'd be wise to focus more on it myself. Seems like it might be a good way to find some peace in the chase.

Any differing opinions?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

(08-14-2017, 12:46 PM)bitbucket Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 11:02 AM)LuckyLove Wrote: I know about the statement. The problem with it is, he didn't spell it out. There's no proof in that statement that he was saying, "straightforward" as opposed to, "straight forward." The only proof we have one way or the other is his typed statement quoted in the OP. We can't assume his exact use of the term in the video. There's no way to know unless someone asks him.

Shadetree - clearly, you've put a lot of thought into this particular topic. Probably, more than most. Maybe I'd be wise to focus more on it myself. Seems like it might be a good way to find some peace in the chase.

Any differing opinions?

Or could it be that it's not so straight forward? Could it be that straight forward is a reference to the sight one might have when looking for clarity. Maybe a vision appears that may look straightfoward in appearance but it represents something contrary to what really is? Sorry to get so philosophical but it seems like a subject on which everyone should be straight.

Puzzling.

08-14-2017, 01:27 PM,
(08-14-2017, 11:02 AM)LuckyLove Wrote: I know about the statement. The problem with it is, he didn't spell it out. There's no proof in that statement that he was saying, "straightforward" as opposed to, "straight forward." The only proof we have one way or the other is his typed statement quoted in the OP. We can't assume his exact use of the term in the video. There's no way to know unless someone asks him.

Any differing opinions?

(08-14-2017, 11:10 AM)Tim Nobody Wrote: to me since I asked him that question I think he is saying that the poem is describing real physical locations not that the poem itself is straight forward. No tricks or codes and read the poem as real physical things.

Any differing opinions?

Or could it be that it's not so straight forward? Could it be that straight forward is a reference to the sight one might have when looking for clarity. Maybe a vision appears that may look straightfoward in appearance but it represents something contrary to what really is? Sorry to get so philosophical but it seems like a subject on which everyone should be straight.

Puzzling.

back when he would answer most emails ,i did ask him,his reply its straight forward see dictionary sir f
08-14-2017, 04:12 PM,
HaHa
Look at the OP of this thread

http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=489
Educate yourself, it saves lives maybe your own.

down with the evil twin

Haters gonna hate
08-14-2017, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 06:22 PM by bitbucket.)
Got quiet around here. Someone must have gone off on the search. Hope it ends well for them.

Anyway, I've been thinking some more on the search. There's a lot of talk of shadows around here so maybe some place with a little less light. Then, not far but too far to touch.

I figure that, given my favorite spot, if I make it to the woods, I'll have gone too far and jim a' won't be happy about that.

Dang, CrazyFamily. You had me concerned. Thought maybe you weren't so keen. Then I realized that I'm the one who's crazy. Maybe I went astray for a bit but have come to realize what I need to, do.

Of course, why should I heed your calls? You're crazy! May be time to finally start a BL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Forward imsunbuddynow 1 355 03-12-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  The illusion of straight forward Jack 11 2,038 12-25-2016, 11:34 AM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Is this what the winner has too look forward to? The Wolf 6 1,552 09-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Move forward with confidence... inohury 4 886 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Last Post: pidmt
  My Way Forward - Post India Girl mdavis19 120 25,253 07-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel