Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
!st Stanza?
08-16-2017, 12:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 01:03 AM by Umbra.)
RE: !st Stanza?
(08-15-2017, 01:53 PM)McFly Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 09:29 AM)realistrealist Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:21 PM)realistrealist Wrote: And I don't know how it can be anyone outside of John Colter Smile

Alone, hear me all, worth the cold, in the wood.

Ernest Tubb's poker stanza (which is same rhyme scheme) says there are 5 people in the poem IMO. You're the wild card.
Well, in all honesty, Real, I think "alone, hear me all, worth the cold, in the wood", could apply to anyone lost in the woods in winter and crying for help. Lets even throw in a reward he's offering to make it worth the cold.

The poker idea seems to have much more validity, but I'm not sure which stanza that is or how it points to 5 people, aside from the song lyrics and the way Fenn altered it in the book as a quote.

If you have more to go on and want to share, please do, because I missed this so I'm sure I missed other things.

Colter is the simplest person it would apply to from my reading so far especially if YNP is indeed where the chest is; I don't know of anyone that went into the region by themselves like Colter - alone in the harsh winter and not believed despite telling his story over and over. Colter's Pass happening to be named after him north of Cooke City which was a "mineral rich area" "known as the New World Mining District" is a nice coincidence.

I've described what I believe everything is. There are 5 personas in the poem with you being the final one. Fenn, Colter, Belle, and Belle's father being the others. The epilogue tells you about how as he is looking back at his history it appears he was different people and Mindy and others have spoken about some of this at long depth.

The chest isnt in yellowstone. He said its not in close proximity to a human trail, in another interview he said yellowstone is one of the places you DO NOT leave the trails... Pretty straightforward with that statement. But hey, its your time and money youre burnin so thats on you and whomever else thinks its in yellowstone

Yeah, probably not many horse, ATV, or Jeep trails in YNP. I think he said something about a human trail being something that is marked, like with signs or blazes.

Never mind, I think we cleared this one up.

(08-15-2017, 11:54 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: I think you are correct about where the treasure is hidden though... It is not in Yellowstone; I say with 99.8% accuracy.

A better word than accuracy here might be confidence. It might mean the difference between being seen as reasonable rather than arrogant.

I do think most of the people posting here are after the truth rather than in proving someone wrong so they feel like they won something.
08-16-2017, 01:23 AM,
(08-16-2017, 12:48 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 01:53 PM)McFly Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 09:29 AM)realistrealist Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 07:21 PM)realistrealist Wrote: And I don't know how it can be anyone outside of John Colter Smile

Alone, hear me all, worth the cold, in the wood.

Ernest Tubb's poker stanza (which is same rhyme scheme) says there are 5 people in the poem IMO. You're the wild card.
Well, in all honesty, Real, I think "alone, hear me all, worth the cold, in the wood", could apply to anyone lost in the woods in winter and crying for help. Lets even throw in a reward he's offering to make it worth the cold.

The poker idea seems to have much more validity, but I'm not sure which stanza that is or how it points to 5 people, aside from the song lyrics and the way Fenn altered it in the book as a quote.

If you have more to go on and want to share, please do, because I missed this so I'm sure I missed other things.

Colter is the simplest person it would apply to from my reading so far especially if YNP is indeed where the chest is; I don't know of anyone that went into the region by themselves like Colter - alone in the harsh winter and not believed despite telling his story over and over. Colter's Pass happening to be named after him north of Cooke City which was a "mineral rich area" "known as the New World Mining District" is a nice coincidence.

I've described what I believe everything is. There are 5 personas in the poem with you being the final one. Fenn, Colter, Belle, and Belle's father being the others. The epilogue tells you about how as he is looking back at his history it appears he was different people and Mindy and others have spoken about some of this at long depth.

The chest isnt in yellowstone. He said its not in close proximity to a human trail, in another interview he said yellowstone is one of the places you DO NOT leave the trails... Pretty straightforward with that statement. But hey, its your time and money youre burnin so thats on you and whomever else thinks its in yellowstone

Yeah, probably not many horse, ATV, or Jeep trails in YNP. I think he said something about a human trail being something that is marked, like with signs or blazes.

Never mind, I think we cleared this one up.

(08-15-2017, 11:54 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote: I think you are correct about where the treasure is hidden though... It is not in Yellowstone; I say with 99.8% accuracy.

A better word than accuracy here might be confidence. It might mean the difference between being seen as reasonable rather than arrogant.

I do think most of the people posting here are after the truth rather than in proving someone wrong so they feel like they won something.

It is cool! They say their piece; they won. Who should care? Life is too short to let things hurt or worry them or yourself... You pick and choose; you go out and see if you are correct. But most don't post their failed trips. I would think they would inform others where not to look??? Or maybe where to look more closely. f said they have been within 200' of the tc...
Confidence is conceded to you, lol...
I am not here to find out where to look; others may be trying to find out here. I like the quibbling; I am too old to worry about it. I have made three weeks down in NM. I am 99.8% confident of the next trip with someone more agile than myself. It was beautiful and lots of pictures and memories of rain, getting soaked, cold every night, sleeping in the car. I hobble through the woods and onto the hill using my cane; I have ms and can only proceed at about 1 mile per hour.
Everyone should just have fun and forget the cost of fuel; but don't break the bank...
Post your fails (unless you may want to revise and refine your area). Otherwise, post and have fun; forget your pride and laugh it off... I related the story about my Santa Fe Trail debacle because it was funny to me; I don't care what people think of me. But my failure should let others know what not to do.
just saying ss
08-16-2017, 09:36 AM,
Glad you're having a great time Steve, that's the important thing! I do think though that the very fact that people have been that close to it and went right past it says we shouldn't rule any place out just because someone didn't find it. I think that's where personal assessment comes in. You have to decide whether or not an area is viable.