Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What would you do if you found the treasure?
08-11-2017, 10:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM by jurassic.)
Rainbow  What would you do if you found the treasure?
Forgive me if there are other threads like this. But wanted to do something fun, like imagining (presumptuously of course) what one would do if they found it.

This is just 1 of the things i would do, and hopefully you'll be inspired too...to consider your own ideas.

I would take the chest to the cody museum of western history and deliver it with a string attached:

That it is on display, for everyone to see. And for 1 period per year, sponsor an event to have school children come to cody and touch the box. Hopefully you dont think this is too cheesy being that im touching off TOTC chapter on the painting but i felt that was pretty inspirational. Why keep it locked up?

What would you do??
08-11-2017, 10:23 PM,
RE: What would you do if you found the treasure?
If I find it I will give Forrest his bracelet back and one other item that I think that he would like to have. I would then keep a few items as a memento for myself and then re-hide the chest with a follow up poem. My dream would be that this hunt would continue indefinitely.
08-11-2017, 10:26 PM,
I would sprinkle the coins all around the trails and creeks in and near Santa Fe for random people to find. I would hang the necklace in a tree somewhere.

I'm sure my plan would not work perfectly, and still no one would be happy, and it would be a bigger clusterf*** than it is now,...

but that is what I would do.

moo.
08-11-2017, 10:35 PM,
I would return the bracelet to Fenn, then put the chest and contents on loan to a museum of my choice for a period of 3 months. After that time, I will auction off the various pieces, after gifting friends and family with certain pieces. I will pay off a couple of school loans for friends, vet bills for another friend, my own medical bills, legal bills for yet another friend. After THAT - and taxes - if enough remain, I would really like to retire.

And I would be happy to guide long timers in this search to the spot where it was hidden.
08-11-2017, 10:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 10:58 PM by waveseeker.)
Let everyone know that I buried it somewhere else, and there's no poem or book to go with it. I don't want or need the money.

Regards,

ws
08-11-2017, 11:01 PM,
so what you are saying is I don't want it, so you can't have it?
08-11-2017, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2017, 11:07 PM by waveseeker.)
(08-11-2017, 11:01 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: so what you are saying is I don't want it, so you can't have it?

No, I would actually tell everyone the spot, and see who could get there first. I happen to think this is just a huge, ego-driven thing but I like puzzles ;-). But it really pains me to read that book... it's not that good.

Regards,

ws
08-11-2017, 11:14 PM,
I will have to plead the 5th....it might incriminate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-11-2017, 11:29 PM,
I would probably create an alternate account and see how long I can play with peoples minds, especially Fenn.... Wink
Educate yourself, it saves lives maybe your own.

down with the evil twin

Haters gonna hate
08-11-2017, 11:30 PM,
I think Ff has thought of everything. It would be up to him.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "The treasure may be found sooner than I expected... 5GIRLS 8 866 07-31-2017, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  "The treasure may be found sooner than I expected... 5GIRLS 18 2,362 07-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Last Post: RahRah
  The treasure has not been found Itchy Ideas 12 1,406 03-30-2017, 01:57 AM
Last Post: The Count
  If you've been out and haven't found the treasure.... Urban_Archaeologist 4 768 03-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Urban_Archaeologist
  Treasure found in forest (not Fenn's) RahRah 0 732 08-26-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  If you found the chest, would you divulge your solve and the treasure location CharlieBucket 16 3,704 07-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: GoneAlone