Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My list of FF Facts.
08-20-2017, 05:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2017, 05:38 PM by USMC1989.)
My list of FF Facts.
1. It’s been suggested Forrest Fenn has said, “you don’t even need a map…just the poem”. The poem is the map-

2. “I felt like an architect drawing the poem

3. How hard was it to write the poem and not give the location away?
It was not hard at all. I just had to stay focused..

4. Forrest published a map in his book Too Far To Walk and told us the chest is hidden somewhere on that map

5. Chest and contents weigh 42lbs. (Fenn said 44lbs. in one email, but has said 42 several other times)
Chest is 10x10x5 inches and made of Bronze

6. The treasure is in one of 4 states: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado or New Mexico
a. “The treasure is not hidden in Idaho or Utah.”

7. At least 8.25 miles North of Santa Fe, New Mexico

8. “The Treasure is hidden higher than 5000 feet above sea level.”
a. Located above 5,000 ft and below 10,200 ft.

9. “All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker. Good luck in the search.”

10. “I said on the Today show that the treasure is not associated with any structure. Some people say I have a desire to mislead. That is not true. There are no notes to be found or safety deposit boxes to be searched. The clues can lead you to the treasure, and it will be there waiting when you arrive.”

11. “The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental”.

12. “No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure in not associated with any structure.”

13. “The treasure is not in a graveyard.”

14. I hid the whole thing in one spot, but it took me two trips to get to that spot with the weight of the treasure chest.

15. “He told me the chest is “exposed” to rain and snow, and could be scorched in a forest fire. He told me the box, which is just 10 inches by 10 inches, is unlocked—suggesting it’s someplace where it is unlikely to be toppled or otherwise thrown open.” http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...art-2.html (may not be reliable)

16. “I just watched that New Mexico Tourism video again and must say that I didn’t say what I was thinking. You cannot smell a pinon nut, but those who pick them know that in doing so you get pine pitch all over your hands, and pine pitch smells about the same no matter what kind of pine tree you are talking about. Looking back I think I wanted to say I could smell pine needles, not pinon nuts. Sorry I kicked a hornet’s nest with that comment.”

17. While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there”

18. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts.”

19. The spot where I hid the treasure was in my mind from the time I first started thinking about the chase.

20. It is special to me and there was never another consideration. I was going to make it work no matter what. In my reverie I often find myself stealing away to that place and I will always consider it to be mine.”

21. No specialized knowledge is required…..My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure”

22. I think kids have an advantage (finding the treasure). Don’t ask me to explain that.

23. I have not had anybody tell me the answer to that clue (the unintended one in TFTW). If you read my preface it doesn’t take a genius to figure out, I think, what they’re talking about but…there are clues in my new book that can help a person.” – –

24. When I am in the moutains or in the desert, the last place I want to be is on a trail…..There isn’t a human trail in very close proximaty to where I hid the treasure”

25. Q: Are there clues in the TTOTC book? “Yes, because the poem is in the book.”

26. Q: Are there clues in the TFTW book? “Yes, because the map is in the book.”

27. Q: Are there subtle hints in the TTOTC book? “Yes, if you can recognize them.”

28. Q: Were both trips made on the same day/date? “I made two trips from my car to the hiding place and it was done in one afternoon.f”

29. Q: Are you willing to say whether the place of the treasure chest is the same as the one where you had previously plotted to have your bones rest forever? “Yes it is. f”

30. Q: Is the Blaze one single object? “In a word – Yes”

31. Q: I would like to know if the blaze can be found during the day without a flashlight. “I would say yes.f”

32. Q: Did the same 9 clues exist when you were a kid and to your estimation will they still exist in 100 years and 1000 years? “The clues did not exist when I was a kid but most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years but the geography probably will change before we reach the next millennia.”

33. Q: Will the poem lead you to the treasure? “Yes if you know where to start.”

34. Playing a hunch is not worth much in the search and those who start out by looking for the blaze, are wasting their time.f”.

35. Not in a mine, tunnel, or cave

36. Where warm waters halt is not a dam.

37. I know the treasure chest is wet

38. I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did.”

39. I cannot imagine anyone finding the treasure without first identifying the starting point,

40. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts

41. I learn something every day from those who are in the treasure hunt.

42. Yes, I said the treasure is hidden in the Rocky Mountains at least 8 miles north of Santa Fe, excluding Utah, Idaho, and Canada. I have said it is above 5000’ and below 10,200

43. I have never said the treasure was buried, I said it was hidden, I didn’t want to give that as a clue. I have not said it was in New Mexico. I only said it was in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe. F

44. The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help

45. I don’t want to broaden the clues and hints I’ve written about by pointing them out. What surprises me a little is that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve.

46. “Searchers have been within 200 feet”. Huffpost interview 02/04/15
a. “Some of the searchers have been within 500 feet I know”.

47. “The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta.

48. What surprises me is that so many ignore the first clue in the poem. Without it all the searcher has is the memory of a nice vacation. Although many have tried, I doubt that anyone will find the blaze before they have figured out the first clue. f

49. You should start with the first clue and then solve the other eight in order

50. Many have given serious thought to the clues but only a few tight focus on a word that is the key.

51. There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I don’t think they knew it, because they walked right on past the treasure chest.

52. What surprises me a little is that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve.”

53. “Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue.”

54. “The problem searchers make is that they don’t dwell long enough on the first clue. If you can’t find the first clue you don’t have anything. People driving down the street looking for a blaze, because THAT’S ONE OF THE CLUES, but you can’t start in the middle of the poem and find the treasure.”

55. Noone has told him the clues in the right order, the lure post screening Q4 with FF 5-18-2017

56. Don’t mess with my poem

57. Start at beginning

58. There are nine clues in the poem.

59. You cannot solve the problem by starting in the middle of the poem. You should start with the first clue and then solve the other eight in order

60. Clues are in consecutive order…..start at the beginning….27:40 http://www.reportfromsantafe.com/episode...rrest-fenn

61. "The first clue is Begin it where warm waters halt." Around 9 minutes and 45 seconds in his interview with Jesse muilligan Mr. Fenn states

62. But I will say that I walked less than a few miles if that will help. I just looked “few” up and one definition is “scant.” Why do I sound like I’m talking in circles?

63. The type of person that’s going to find the treasure chest is the type of person that can’t keep it quiet
265 American gold coins

“I put a small, rubber dingy in the Madison River a few miles from West Yellowstone Montana and fished downstream to Baker’s Hole. That part of the river was in the quietly forgotten western edge of Yellowstone Park. There were no roads, no trails, and no rangers to tell me that I wasn’t supposed to do that. The river distance was about ten miles, and the best fishing was in the bends where the water turned greenish deep and beautiful. The small boat containing my camping gear was tethered to my belt and as I leisurely walked in the quiet river, I spent three days there casually casting my fly and enjoying the solitude. The river experience, it cemented my connection to that special country and I promised myself that someday I would make that trip again. That day never came for me and my disappointment still casts a lonesome shadow across the Madison River. For me now, it’s just too far to walk.

Please feel free to add, I will try to update list weekly.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bronze Chest Facts or non-Facts? peacemakerol 5 1,304 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Last Post: tomwhat
  Shauns Forrest Facts list Guest 9 2,152 06-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Last Post: tomwhat