Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
08-28-2017, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 02:03 PM by fundamental design.)
RE: THE HINTS VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-28-2017, 01:20 PM)The Count Wrote: I'm game, regardless if it is the second clue identifying WWWH will lead to the starting place.
Quotes always help to grasp the idea of what a clue may be. I'll be back to edit my first post with a quote dump when I have time Smile how about we start with these 2 quotes since the book will undoubtedly be involved here.

You have said to read the poem and read TTOTC to help solve for the 9 clues. We all know there are many options to choose from regarding, Brown, hoB, wwh,and blaze hinted at in the book.My question is, “In the book, do you also, in a more subtle way, tell which is the correct answer to one or all of the above?” ~BW
No I don’t madam, sorry. f

How much more likely are hunters to work out where warm waters halt with the aid of TTOTC, compared to without it? (Comment: Posted on Dal's site on 2/27/2017, but interview was from May 2015) You sure ask confounding, but insightful questions. The clues are in the poem, but there are hints in the book.

Well you can't take one quote like what the OP stated and leave out other important ones on the same subject like what I posted, it points to confirmation bias.

You lost me on this last part ^. Can you explain more clearly what you mean. What OP quote are you referring to? And how did that supposedly lead to confirmation bias? How did the f quotes you posted contradict what I said?
-.-..The keeper of the key
08-28-2017, 02:40 PM,
RE: THE HINTS VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-28-2017, 02:01 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 01:20 PM)The Count Wrote: I'm game, regardless if it is the second clue identifying WWWH will lead to the starting place.
Quotes always help to grasp the idea of what a clue may be. I'll be back to edit my first post with a quote dump when I have time Smile how about we start with these 2 quotes since the book will undoubtedly be involved here.

You have said to read the poem and read TTOTC to help solve for the 9 clues. We all know there are many options to choose from regarding, Brown, hoB, wwh,and blaze hinted at in the book.My question is, “In the book, do you also, in a more subtle way, tell which is the correct answer to one or all of the above?” ~BW
No I don’t madam, sorry. f

How much more likely are hunters to work out where warm waters halt with the aid of TTOTC, compared to without it? (Comment: Posted on Dal's site on 2/27/2017, but interview was from May 2015) You sure ask confounding, but insightful questions. The clues are in the poem, but there are hints in the book.

Well you can't take one quote like what the OP stated and leave out other important ones on the same subject like what I posted, it points to confirmation bias.

You lost me on this last part ^. Can you explain more clearly what you mean. What OP quote are you referring to? And how did that supposedly lead to confirmation bias? How did the f quotes you posted contradict what I said?

I just meant in general I'll be sure to go back and edit my post to imply so.

down with the evil twin

08-28-2017, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 07:26 PM by N. Means.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
hmmmm... there are 7500 +/- words in the "My War For Me" chapter in TTOTC, and that is only 30 of the 147 pages contained within. It would be very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to identify what one might consider a very subtle hint within those thousands of words without unintentionally interposing their individual bias or interpretation of the poem upon these presumed hints. But by all means please do go ahead and confirm away, I'll get the popcorn and settle in.

Hmmm... just got an alert from my anti virus that this website was phishing for my URL. I wonder why?
08-28-2017, 07:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 07:40 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-28-2017, 06:38 PM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)fundamental design Wrote: .......The hints will shine the way to the correct wwwh.....

Is this confirmed by Fenn? Or is it personal/popular opinion? Not saying there are or aren't hints for wwwh just wondering what you're basing this on. Usually people cite at least one unarguably factual source that supports their claim. Without anything that's 100% concrete to support the claim it's nothing more than an opinion. Basing the belief that there's a hint to wwwh in the book or elsewhere based on a personal/popular interpretation of statements or based on personal/popular thought that leads one to interpret wwwh any certain way due to perceived but unconfirmed hint(s) is confirmation bias.

The closest he's come to addressing this, as far as I'm aware, was posted earlier by The Count. But, Fenn'ss answer doesn't confirm that there's a hint to wwwh anywhere in the book. Just that there's hints in the book.

I'd like to know what, exactly, you're basing the above quoted statement on? If it's based on fact that's great and it would be greatly appreciated if you shared the fact(s).

Just basing it on logic. We have to take into account what f tells us what a clue does for a searcher and what a hint does for us. They are different. A clue gets one closer to the tc. A hint helps with the clues. I paraphrased that as I don't readily know where f's quote of those descriptions are.

And then we recently had f's lost words on what the first clue is...wwwh. Lastly, the clues are consecutive. Use logic and you see what I said. A hint in ttotc can't get you closer to the tc than the first clue (wwwh). ***If a hint did get one closer, then by f's definition it can't be a hint...it's a clue***. Same thing if there's a hint in the poem like the first stanza. The first stanza literally has the word "hint" in it. "Begin" in the second stanza has been proven by f to mean begin.

In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

(08-28-2017, 07:13 PM)N. Means Wrote: hmmmm... there are 7500 +/- words in the "My War For Me" chapter in TTOTC, and that is only 30 of the 147 pages contained within. It would be very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to identify what one might consider a very subtle hint within those thousands of words without unintentionally interposing their individual bias or interpretation of the poem upon these presumed hints. But by all means please do go ahead and confirm away, I'll get the popcorn and settle in.

Hmmm... just got an alert from my anti virus that this website was phishing for my URL. I wonder why?

Then you should quit now. Where in the OP did I say anything about confirming any hint?
08-28-2017, 07:51 PM,
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)fundamental design Wrote: .......The hints will shine the way to the correct wwwh.....

Is this confirmed by Fenn? Or is it personal/popular opinion? Not saying there are or aren't hints for wwwh just wondering what you're basing this on. Usually people cite at least one unarguably factual source that supports their claim. Without anything that's 100% concrete to support the claim it's nothing more than an opinion. Basing the belief that there's a hint to wwwh in the book or elsewhere based on a personal/popular interpretation of statements or based on personal/popular thought that leads one to interpret wwwh any certain way due to perceived but unconfirmed hint(s) is confirmation bias.

The closest he's come to addressing this, as far as I'm aware, was posted earlier by The Count. But, Fenn'ss answer doesn't confirm that there's a hint to wwwh anywhere in the book. Just that there's hints in the book.

I'd like to know what, exactly, you're basing the above quoted statement on? If it's based on fact that's great and it would be greatly appreciated if you shared the fact(s).

Just basing it on logic. We have to take into account what f tells us what a clue does for a searcher and what a hint does for us. They are different. A clue gets one closer to the tc. A hint helps with the clues. I paraphrased that as I don't readily know where f's quote of those descriptions are.

And then we recently had f's lost words on what the first clue is...wwwh. Lastly, the clues are consecutive. Use logic and you see what I said. A hint in ttotc can't get you closer to the tc than the first clue (wwwh). ***If a hint did get one closer, then by f's definition it can't be a hint...it's a clue***. Same thing if there's a hint in the poem like the first stanza. The first stanza literally has the word "hint" in it. "Begin" in the second stanza has been proven by f to mean begin.

In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

(08-28-2017, 07:13 PM)N. Means Wrote: hmmmm... there are 7500 +/- words in the "My War For Me" chapter in TTOTC, and that is only 30 of the 147 pages contained within. It would be very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to identify what one might consider a very subtle hint within those thousands of words without unintentionally interposing their individual bias or interpretation of the poem upon these presumed hints. But by all means please do go ahead and confirm away, I'll get the popcorn and settle in.

Then you should quit now. Where in the OP did I say anything about confirming any hint?
Well there is no effort involved by one openly displaying their confirmation bias. So this thread ought to be entertaining to say the least.
08-28-2017, 07:54 PM,

This is very flawed logic. A hint can help after clue #1 because a hint only helps you solve a clue and there can be hints for clues one through nine. A hint about the blaze wouldn't get you closer to the treasure until you solve the clues necessary to be at the blaze and can use the hint to solve the blaze clue.
08-28-2017, 07:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 07:58 PM by Itchy Ideas.)
fundamental design ' Wrote: Just basing it on logic. We have to take into account what f tells us what a clue does for a searcher and what a hint does for us. They are different. A clue gets one closer to the tc. A hint helps with the clues. I paraphrased that as I don't readily know where f's quote of those descriptions are.

Ok, I get it that he said WWWH is the first clue. Other than that you (and no one) would have no idea whether something is a clue or a hint.
You could assume action words are clue as they direct the person, but there's no guarantee.
Just my thoughts.

K bye *waves*

(08-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Indy Wrote: This is very flawed logic. A hint can help after clue #1 because a hint only helps you solve a clue and there can be hints for clues one through nine. A hint about the blaze wouldn't get you closer to the treasure until you solve the clues necessary to be at the blaze and can use the hint to solve the blaze clue.

Agreed.
I thought everyone knew the difference between hints and clues. Indy explains it here quite OK-ly
08-28-2017, 08:00 PM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Indy Wrote:

This is very flawed logic. A hint can help after clue #1 because a hint only helps you solve a clue and there can be hints for clues one through nine. A hint about the blaze wouldn't get you closer to the treasure until you solve the clues necessary to be at the blaze and can use the hint to solve the blaze clue.

In my magnanimous opinion, Forrest told us how to solve the poem by reading the book straight through and reading the poem 6, 8, 10 times, then reading the book again looking for hints. Essentially he was telling us to memorize the poem and the book. When you've done this, the hints will present themselves when you see them.

razyFamily
08-28-2017, 08:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 08:11 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-28-2017, 07:49 PM)resa Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

How is that logical? According to ff, hints are sprinkled throughout his book, but not in any particular order. Why assume he didn't do the same with his poem? Just because the clues are consecutive and contiguous doesn't mean the hints are.

I explained why it's logical. It all has to do with the definition of a clue and a hint according to f. Did you comprehend that part? I explained it twice. It's not where hints are located in the book that is important. The correct answer to a hint is what's important. A hint can only help a clue(s) from further away than the correct starting point of clue 1....otherwise that hint would have to be a clue. Because, as you say, if the hint is helping the searcher (for example) between clue 8 and 9 it would have to be considered a clue cause it helped you get closer to the tc than clue 8 did. Pretty simple, eh?

(08-28-2017, 07:51 PM)N. Means Wrote:

Well there is no effort involved by one openly displaying their confirmation bias. So this thread ought to be entertaining to say the least.

And what confirmation bias would that be?
08-28-2017, 08:14 PM,
(08-28-2017, 08:00 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: In my magnanimous opinion, Forrest told us how to solve the poem by reading the book straight through and reading the poem 6, 8, 10 times, then reading the book again looking for hints. Essentially he was telling us to memorize the poem and the book. When you've done this, the hints will present themselves when you see them.

razyFamily

Plus search maps of areas of possible interest to align them to. Then do BOTG recon to confirm. The correct General area should start aligning with the hints/clues from the poem, book, and map. If it doesnt, backup and correct, if it does then keep going deeper in that area. Search safe.

~SC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 14,583 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 1,492 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 4,712 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb