Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
10-10-2017, 09:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 10:31 AM by fundamental design.)
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
I wanted to copy and paste below a little discussion that is interesting on the Why Warm Waters thread...

(10-08-2017, 10:52 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 05:15 PM)Iron Will Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:32 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: Any concern about Denver or Arizona (in relation to this treasure hunt)
is a waste of time (rabbit hole) for anyone trying to solve the poem;
both "ogries" know this.

I have to disagree Andrew. This is Forrest's book, and he would never allow that line about the Denver Museum to be put in the foreword, unless it had merit.

Doug Preston either was told by Forrest to include that line, or Doug himself knows what the final 9th clue is. And may I say, knowing the 9th clue...is not knowing where the treasure is. For example, clues lead you down in brown canyon, then up a small creek, where there is a hollowed out stump to the south of a blaze marker on the edge of a cliff ledge. The ninth clue for example, is brave and in the wood.

Now, if Doug knew it was in a hollowed out stump and wrote in the foreword that it the final clue was in the parking lot of Denver Museum, that does not mean he knows the location of the chest... just what the final clue is. You go look at the parking lot and scan around to find a hollowed out stump by the side of the building(as a hypothetical example.)

My guess is back when he made the comment of the parking lot of North Arizona University, if you googled that... you'd get a shot of what the ninth clue is. Then so many years later... a google search will not show that anymore. So they needed to find an alternate location that showed the 9th clue in present time.

Of course that's just all theory until I can prove it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Iron Will, I never said the Denver/Arizona thing didn't have merit. But
at best, it's only a hint, and can only help to confirm that one has
correctly solved a clue (then may proceed to work on the next clue).

Here's a hypothetical example: If one of the clues is Lake Tahoe,
there might be a hint that mentions a piece of emerald that was
carved into the shape of a wolf baying at the moon. (Get it? Emerald
Bay is at one end of the lake.) But you'd never think of Emerald Bay
unless you already suspected that Lake Tahoe was the solution to the
clue.

Only when the poem is sufficiently well-solved ALREADY, will a hint --
such as what Doug Preston said about any parking spot(s) -- help to confirm one or more clues.

If you or anyone pursues the D/A thing, it really, really, genuinely is a
waste of time. Solve the poem, then you will see DOZENS of hints in
Forrest's writings. But the hints WON'T help you solve ANY clue,
except, perhaps, by indicating that "you have gotten some clue(s)
correctly solved; now it's time to proceed with solving the subsequent
one(s).

Hints, as far as I'm concerned, are mostly just little teases from FF. He
doesn't provide them to be mean to anyone. It's more like he is trying to encourage someone by showing them that they are on the right path.

As much as I don't want you (or anyone else) to find the hidey place
before I do, I do want to help you (and others) enjoy the hunt, and
make (some) progress in solving the poem . . . even if it takes several
BOTG search trips. I've done 3 of these so far, and am financially very
poor. But it's been stimulating and fun, adding purpose to my life. I
plan to "stay at it" until I know, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the
TC has been found by someone other than Forrest Fenn.

I don’t agree with what you are saying that only when the poem is sufficiently well-solved ALREADY, will a hint help to confirm one or more clues. It could happen that way but I don’t think one can rule out that a hint or hints can not be ascertained before figuring out the clue associated with the hint(s).

An example would be finding something in ttotc that trips up in your mind. I’ve mentioned before f’s words in the book that say if Robert Redford wrote a book that he could do it better than...and many searchers know that Robert Redford actually wrote a book, the title of the book, the locations travelled in that book and that some of those locations are in the Rocky Mountains.

If a searcher figures out another hint that also has an explorer going to multiple locations in the Rocky Mountains, then if those places cross (put an X on a map) in only one location that’s possibly one way hints can be figured out before figuring out the corresponding clue first.
-.-..The keeper of the key
10-12-2017, 05:27 PM,
Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.

Hmmm...sounds like the process I’ve been focusing on here on this thread. Sounds like the hints help with the first clue. I think there’s plenty of more f quotes that lead to this approach too.

I don’t know exactly where this whole quote comes from originally or if it’s on a video.
10-13-2017, 04:39 AM,
(10-12-2017, 05:27 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.

Hmmm...sounds like the process I’ve been focusing on here on this thread. Sounds like the hints help with the first clue. I think there’s plenty of more f quotes that lead to this approach too.

I don’t know exactly where this whole quote comes from originally or if it’s on a video.

Erm excuse me, but if you're going to cite a quote by Mr. Fenn like that I for one am going to have to have you to do your homework and provide the source. I'm sure others will agree with this. Thanks...
It's all hidden within the book..
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
10-13-2017, 04:50 AM,
(10-13-2017, 04:39 AM)whatiff Wrote:

Erm excuse me, but if you're going to cite a quote by Mr. Fenn like that I for one am going to have to have you to do your homework and provide the source. I'm sure others will agree with this. Thanks...

Ummm, I’m asking for help to find the quote so I can cite it. I know he’s said both parts of what I posted, just not sure if at the same time.
10-13-2017, 06:04 AM,
Then you can provide both sources of your above "quote" of Mr. Fenn?
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
10-13-2017, 06:31 AM,
(10-13-2017, 06:04 AM)whatiff Wrote: Then you can provide both sources of your above "quote" of Mr. Fenn?

Sure...here’s some of it. Funny how you didn’t have the one who originally posted this (in the OP no less) show their sources even though you posted on their thread. Smile

[/quote]
10-13-2017, 06:35 AM,
I'm asking you to provide a link to the interview and or the video where this quote came from.
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
10-13-2017, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 06:43 AM by fundamental design.)
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
Here’s some more homework accomplished and source cited...tarryscant.com

By inputting ‘clue’ into the search field.

[Image: 64adcdab2993482678996b997897ee99.jpg][Image: ccec751c9999e00a4bbc534c91ed15f9.jpg][Image: 99c49df69e8f505e77da51046470ad52.jpg][Image: 77e3283c9b5375da6f86c43519aa0169.jpg][Image: faca99afbdefc5a31b4a300a651b1ba2.jpg][Image: 1c46fb4112beb8e27c713205cf527511.jpg][Image: c0897bc64cd52a54424932c3a757eca8.jpg][Image: 1d505caf00b052d974513af3fc1a1bdc.jpg][Image: 7064c7f56a29abef87386e2ad056ad59.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-13-2017, 06:35 AM)whatiff Wrote: I'm asking you to provide a link to the interview and or the video where this quote came from.

I understand that and I already said I’m asking for help in finding that. Sometimes you have to ask for others if they recall what obscure video or interview that f said something. I still find it interesting that you didn’t ask the previous poster for their sources on the same quote.
10-13-2017, 06:54 AM,
You're the one that brought your thread forward with a quote by Mr. Fenn, I'd like to see the link to where the original quote came from that's all. Thanks...
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
10-13-2017, 07:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 07:20 AM by ROLL TIDE.)
(10-13-2017, 04:50 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:39 AM)whatiff Wrote:

Ummm, I’m asking for help to find the quote so I can cite it. I know he’s said both parts of what I posted, just not sure if at the same time.

Everything Is Stories
003 As I Have Gone Alone In There
https://soundcloud.com/everything-is-sto...gone-alone

That quote starts @ 49:36

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 14,583 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 1,492 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 4,712 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb