Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
08-28-2017, 10:27 PM,
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
In general incredible solves by leading searchers have been stopped by mere ants, so let's just say anything is possible, right? Absolutes are useless , imo.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
08-28-2017, 10:35 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(08-28-2017, 09:43 PM)N. Means Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)fundamental design Wrote: I thought I might as well corner the market on the importance of the hints. I know many searchers try to figure out the hints and there's like one that doesn't believe it's worth looking for them in ttotc. So, I'm not saying I'm the first to look for them or the first to say they are important. I'm just gonna bring the search for them into the forefront from here on out by bumping this thread to the top everyday. I don't believe that will be viewed as a trollish move.

This is where the Chase is as of now. All have heard what the first clue is from f himself. The wwwh we are looking for is one of many. The hints will shine the way to the correct wwwh from here on out.....
So then to get back to your OP, why don't you go first and tell us all what you think are the two subtle hints, that you hint at, that help you identify the correct wwwh or those hints to clues that may form an X on the map. I mean isn't that what this thread is about, or are you just asking others to tell you what they think are the subtle hints to help confirm your thoughts.

This thread isn't about either of your two accounts. It's about what I wrote in the OP. That I think the hints are going to be invaluable in cracking the nut that is the first clue and bringing that angle to the forefront instead of blaze talk or other back burner details. I'm not saying, and never said, that my claim is correct. But, it's fun to discuss the what ifs and I think it's wise to focus on the hints. So, I cornered that market. I done took it.
08-28-2017, 10:37 PM,
I think all y'all are making this clue-vs-hint thing waaaaay too complicated and are splitting hares.

I just look for hints and clues in my research to help me solve the overall case and see the big picture of this gigantic puzzle. It's already difficult enough, keep it simple, kids.

Cheers,
RedEx
08-28-2017, 10:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 10:47 PM by fundamental design.)
(08-28-2017, 10:37 PM)RedneckExpress Wrote: I think all y'all are making this clue-vs-hint thing waaaaay too complicated and are splitting hares.

I just look for hints and clues in my research to help me solve the overall case and see the big picture of this gigantic puzzle. It's already difficult enough, keep it simple, kids.

Cheers,
RedEx

I agree with you Reddy, but I'd say this is the easier way. A lot easier than the earlier post that complained about all the words in My War For Me and trying to find a subtle hint in it. Well, it's probably 160 times harder to find the tc from just using the clues in the poem.

I prefer to just follow f's recipe for serious searchers and that's what this thread is about. I think f's recipe is the easiest way. So in a way, we don't get or need to judge what's more complicated. F has already told us.

I will say I think the few hints are non subjective and that's how it makes it easier to go along the route of understanding the hints. The first clue is subjective without the hints in my opinion!
08-28-2017, 10:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 10:52 PM by N. Means.)
(08-28-2017, 09:55 PM)resa Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 08:07 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:49 PM)resa Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 07:31 PM)fundamental design Wrote: In short, if we know where the first clue is and the clues are consecutive then any hint can't help after clue 1. Hints have to help before then.

How is that logical? According to ff, hints are sprinkled throughout his book, but not in any particular order. Why assume he didn't do the same with his poem? Just because the clues are consecutive and contiguous doesn't mean the hints are.

I explained why it's logical. It all has to do with the definition of a clue and a hint according to f. Did you comprehend that part? I explained it twice. It's not where hints are located in the book that is important. The correct answer to a hint is what's important. A hint can only help a clue(s) from further away than the correct starting point of clue 1....otherwise that hint would have to be a clue. Because, as you say, if the hint is helping the searcher (for example) between clue 8 and 9 it would have to be considered a clue cause it helped you get closer to the tc than clue 8 did. Pretty simple, eh?

No you didn't. You pushed your assumption and called it logic. You don't know where or if there are hints in the poem, but you've decided that if there is one it must be before clue 1. There's nothing saying there aren't other hints in the poem whose only purpose is to help identify a clue, not bring you closer to the tc.
"You pushed your assumption and called it logic." Yup exactly, well said resa.

And exactly why I had said:

It would be very difficult, if not nearly impossible, to identify what one might consider a very subtle hint within those thousands of words without unintentionally interposing their individual bias or interpretation of the poem upon these presumed hints.

And again Mr fundamental, please do tell us what subtle hints you feel are important in identifying the correct wwwh or those that supposedly help form an X on the map.
08-28-2017, 10:58 PM,
(08-28-2017, 10:42 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 10:37 PM)RedneckExpress Wrote: I think all y'all are making this clue-vs-hint thing waaaaay too complicated and are splitting hares.

Cheers,
RedEx

I agree with you Reddy, but I'd say this is the easier way. A lot easier than the earlier post that complained about all the words in My War For Me and trying to find a subtle hint in it. Well, it's probably 160 times harder to find the tc from just using the clues in the poem.

I prefer to just follow f's recipe for serious searchers and that's what this thread is about. I think f's recipe is the easiest way. So in a way, we don't get or need to judge what's more complicated. F has already told us.

I will say I think the few hints are non subjective and that's how it makes it easier to go along the route of understanding the hints. The first clue is subjective without the hints in my opinion!
If you are not willing to put in the effort of decoding the mere 166 words in the poem, and instead try and short cut it by sifting through the tens of thousands of words in the book, in hopes of finding those very subtle hints that will only help you with those nine clues found in the poem, then go ahead and knock yourself out champ.
08-28-2017, 11:03 PM,
(08-28-2017, 10:27 PM)Kpro Wrote: Absolutes are useless , imo.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com

Only a sith deals in absolutes, right? Must be more like a jedi. Where's yoda when we need him?!? lol

~SC
08-28-2017, 11:43 PM,
I'm completely lost at this point to be honest.

The conversation I joined in with involved the idea of FD's that all hints suggest warm waters halt, because any aid from hints after that lead the searcher closer to the treasure. Doing so, defines those hints as actual clue.

I disagree with that logic.

I stopped replying when asked for an example. I'm not giving out any answers of mine. Nope. Not to win an argument on an internet forum lol.

I have no idea what's being discussed now
08-29-2017, 03:07 AM,
(08-28-2017, 06:38 PM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 12:24 PM)fundamental design Wrote: .......The hints will shine the way to the correct wwwh.....

Is this confirmed by Fenn? Or is it personal/popular opinion? Not saying there are or aren't hints for wwwh just wondering what you're basing this on. Usually people cite at least one unarguably factual source that supports their claim. Without anything that's 100% concrete to support the claim it's nothing more than an opinion. Basing the belief that there's a hint to wwwh in the book or elsewhere based on a personal/popular interpretation of statements or based on personal/popular thought that leads one to interpret wwwh any certain way due to perceived but unconfirmed hint(s) is confirmation bias.

The closest he's come to addressing this, as far as I'm aware, was posted earlier by The Count. But, Fenn'ss answer doesn't confirm that there's a hint to wwwh anywhere in the book. Just that there's hints in the book.

I'd like to know what, exactly, you're basing the above quoted statement on? If it's based on fact that's great and it would be greatly appreciated if you shared the fact(s).

There is at least one thing in the book that hints at WWWH, but it's all speculation until the chest is recovered. I don't think Fenn has, or ever will, confirm what hints are in the book, or not.
08-29-2017, 03:26 AM,
(08-29-2017, 03:07 AM)Umbra Wrote: There is at least one thing in the book that hints at WWWH, but it's all speculation until the chest is recovered. I don't think Fenn has, or ever will, confirm what hints are in the book, or not.

Did FF say there was an 'unintended' hint/clue in the preface and that it was 'obvious' or something to that effect? I imagine that I know what it is. Has anyone been so bold to openly speculate about what is the unintended clue in the preface?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 12,278 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 1,266 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 3,992 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb