Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
02-02-2018, 09:03 PM,
RE: THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS
(02-02-2018, 08:14 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i'm saying that some people might consider things in the poem to be hints, but i would not call it that if it's identifying a clue

because a clue is what leads to the treasure . so if someone called something a hint in the poem that identifies a clue, i would say that its actually a clue and part of it. because it's identifying something and leading to the treasure

I appreciate our conversation. It’s great to understand that searchers see things a little differently and that’s no problem.

So, you have been talking about others that have misidentified a clue in the poem as a hint. That’s not what I’ve been talking about and doesn’t seem to ‘totally’ match your first response to me which was...
if the definition of a hint is that you recognize them when you solved a clue, then what Resa said makes perfect sense

and that definition makes the most sense. because if one wanted to say that there are hints in the poem besides the clues, and the hints help to identify a clue, well, any hint that would do that is actually part of the clue and not just a hint, because it is identifying a clue.

Saying not just a hint means it’s partly a hint still. So call me confused.

And I haven’t been talking about a hint identifying a clue. I don’t think that’s how it works.
-.-..The keeper of the key
02-03-2018, 06:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2018, 08:00 AM by fundamental design.)
I think I’ve consistently shown a theory where I believe the hints point to a specific geographical location in the Rocky Mountains. This doesn’t invalidate the point Chris was trying to make about a hint isn’t just a hint. That’s because, to me, the answers to the hints don’t identify any of the clues, not wwwh, hoB or the blaze etc. I don’t agree with Chris’ reply to my question to him of where did he get his definition of a hint and he said from f’s comments. I don’t think f has ever said that the hints help identify any of the clues. I agree with Chris, to an extent, if a hint did help identify any of the clues that a hint couldn’t just be defined as a hint. Like I mentioned to Chris, that hint would have to be defined as a clue. I would say it couldn’t have any value as a hint at all which is something I’ve said for a very long time.

This points to me that the hints are to be utilized before clue 1. I’ve also said that for a very long time on this thread. It’s the only way I see that the hints can identify something (not an actual clue solution) and not interfere with the boundaries the puzzlemaker set about what a clue and hint does for searchers. This makes Resa’s comment not the way that makes the most sense.
02-03-2018, 05:14 PM,
f has has made comments which support both definitions of a hint

1, that a hint isn't much help and you will only recognize it after the clue is solved

2, that a hint could help you witha clue

i think he uses whatever definition suits him at the time, for whatever he is saying

i have my ideas of how the hint and clue dynamic are structured in the poem and in the book, and i believe it to be helpful in working on my solution

i think trying to discuss and square my views with f's comments is a waste of time since he is not consistent about it

i do think he is logical, and that it shows in the poem, just not with his comments outside the poem because he has not made a concerted effort to be logically consistent in a way that would be helpful. we have to figure it out.

Generally speaking, I've Been the unmitigated Master of Posting hints.

Please don't tell the kids. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZW_5zrHktj0/Tn...temple.jpg
02-03-2018, 06:19 PM,
(02-03-2018, 05:14 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: f has has made comments which support both definitions of a hint

1, that a hint isn't much help and you will only recognize it after the clue is solved

2, that a hint could help you witha clue

i think he uses whatever definition suits him at the time, for whatever he is saying

i have my ideas of how the hint and clue dynamic are structured in the poem and in the book, and i believe it to be helpful in working on my solution

i think trying to discuss and square my views with f's comments is a waste of time since he is not consistent about it

i do think he is logical, and that it shows in the poem, just not with his comments outside the poem because he has not made a concerted effort to be logically consistent in a way that would be helpful. we have to figure it out.

I agree with that.
02-04-2018, 01:30 PM,
What tips do you have for those wanting to find the treasure? Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues.

Doesn’t match with what Resa said.
02-04-2018, 04:29 PM,
(02-04-2018, 01:30 PM)fundamental design Wrote: What tips do you have for those wanting to find the treasure? Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues.

i made that point in my previous post

Please don't tell the kids. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZW_5zrHktj0/Tn...temple.jpg
02-04-2018, 04:48 PM,
(02-04-2018, 04:29 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 01:30 PM)fundamental design Wrote: What tips do you have for those wanting to find the treasure? Here is what I would do. Read my book in a normal manner. Then read the poem over and over and over, slowly – thinking. Then read my book again, this time looking for subtle hints that will help solve the clues.

No problem, I was just posting for the general masses.
02-04-2018, 05:10 PM,
(02-04-2018, 04:48 PM)fundamental design Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 04:29 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

No problem, I was just posting for the general masses.

it is a good point, and it was the main thing you pointed out to me that made me adjust my view

02-17-2018, 07:36 AM,
Nice to see one of the latest A Gypsy’s Kiss’ videos focused on the thing I’ve focused on in this thread for awhile which is f’s best advice for serious searchers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Path To Success Silentfly 75 17,478 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Silentfly
  Success Box decall 6 1,693 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  The Book contains so many hints & clues, its ridiculous OR Are Forrests hints common to every place hes been ? SantaFe 23 5,646 03-06-2014, 12:29 AM
Last Post: deb