Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chasing Chickens
08-29-2017, 04:06 PM,
Chasing Chickens
" To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f "  (posted 6/5/2107)
http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

I hid the treasure chest before the poem was complete.

The poem was not complete until the last word was penned.
The chest was hidden before the last word was penned.
The location of the chest is found somewhere before you get to the last word.
You travel through the poem, and at some point before you reach the last word, you are in close proximity to the treasure.
But, not knowing that, you continue to travel through the poem.

There are many varying opinions on whether the chest is at 'your quest to cease'.
If it is, then the question arises as to what the rest of the poem is for.

Some say the remainder of the poem includes hints. Some say clues.
And then, there are those who say the remainder of the poem is useless.

Maybe ... the location of the chest is to be found hidden somewhere earlier in the poem, somewhere you have WALKED RIGHT PAST already, while attempting to follow the rest of the poem.

Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

Maybe ... that's why f said "If you can't find IT, go BACK to the first clue."

Maybe ... that's why f thought it necessary or clever, to give us the T.S. Eliot quote.

Maybe ... that's why many have been within 500' and didn't find the chest, because they were looking for it at the wrong spot in the poem.

Maybe ... that's why you can't start IN THE MIDDLE ...

Maybe ... some of the later clues are actually describing some of the earlier clues, in other words.

Maybe that would show there is no contradiction with the 15-year question.
08-29-2017, 04:58 PM,
RE: Chasing Chickens
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f "  (posted 6/5/2107)

You travel through the poem, and at some point before you reach the last word, you are in close proximity to the treasure.

Fallacy - You presume the last word of the poem was the 'last word penned.' That is not necessarily the case. We don't know the order in which various portions of the poem may have been revised.
08-29-2017, 05:05 PM,
The nine clues are in order. (fact)
The hints are somewhere on the trip and most are in there. (IMO)
But don't get awestruck by the hints and pass up the TC. (IMO)
The nine clues are in order. (fact)
08-29-2017, 05:11 PM,
I think those observations/points/questions are excellent thoughts. I don't see how it really explains the 15 year problem, though. Care to elaborate on that issue?
08-29-2017, 05:13 PM,
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

In one of the question/answer sessions on video, someone asked FF if the searcher would have to double back somewhere. He seemed to indicate that you would not have to double back, but FF is not always easy to understand![Image: huh.png]
08-29-2017, 05:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 05:26 PM by easternOHsteve.)
Prehistoric, I wondered who you were responding to; I see RT. f thought he was going to die probably; he finished the poem. f then passed the five and then some remission period. f then had to rewrite the poem and change it and revise it and work on it.
The fifteen year period literally is that process. On the other hand...

(08-29-2017, 05:13 PM)AccountAtAGlance Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

In one of the question/answer sessions on video, someone asked FF if the searcher would have to double back somewhere. He seemed to indicate that you would not have to double back, but FF is not always easy to understand![Image: huh.png]

Be careful and advance by the clues so you don't have to go back. This answer is BOTG experience and nearly 7250 miles driving to inspect every aspect of the area. Don't try to go another route unless you are very physically fit, and can hide because BLM rules say you must camp no more than 1/2 mile off the approved roadways...
Now, there are paid fee rules if you look...
08-29-2017, 05:32 PM,
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f "  (posted 6/5/2107)

There are many varying opinions on whether the chest is at 'your quest to cease'.
If it is, then the question arises as to what the rest of the poem is for.

Some say the remainder of the poem includes hints. Some say clues.
And then, there are those who say the remainder of the poem is useless.

Maybe ... the location of the chest is to be found hidden somewhere earlier in the poem, somewhere you have WALKED RIGHT PAST already, while attempting to follow the rest of the poem.

Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

Maybe ... that's why f said "If you can't find IT, go BACK to the first clue."

Maybe ... that's why f thought it necessary or clever, to give us the T.S. Eliot quote.

Maybe ... that's why many have been within 500' and didn't find the chest, because they were looking for it at the wrong spot in the poem.

Maybe ... that's why you can't start IN THE MIDDLE ...

Maybe ... some of the later clues are actually describing some of the earlier clues, in other words.

Maybe that would show there is no contradiction with the 15-year question.
Standing O!

Well done RT!
08-29-2017, 05:45 PM,
(08-29-2017, 04:58 PM)old drum Wrote:

Fallacy - You presume the last word of the poem was the 'last word penned.' That is not necessarily the case. We don't know the order in which various portions of the poem may have been revised.

Care to show me where I implied that the 'last word penned' was the last word in the poem ?
The fact of the matter is, I chose those words deliberately.

last word = end, cease, in, look, new, go ...

That kinda puts a different spin on things.

Coincidentally, 'last word' also = natty and nattiness.

If the T.S. Eliot quote is relevant at all, then I assume it is telling us we wind up back where we began.

If that's the case, then we wind up before any of the above-mentioned 'last words', other than 'new'.

If we further assume that 'secret where' might imply the location where the chest is hidden, then wwwh might be located within the first stanza, before the word 'new'.
08-29-2017, 07:14 PM,
Fenn said it was fifteen years from
1. the time he was diagnosed with Cancer (1988)
2. Until the time he hid the treasure.

3. He hid the treasure before he finished the poem
4. He published the poem in 2010
5. He made two trips to hide the treasure in one afternoon when he was 79 or 80 years old (2009-10)
6. He made those trips 21 or 22 years after he was diagnosed with cancer

None of that adds up and no one has been able to explain it satisfactorily to my knowledge. Toby's theory on it, which I thought might be right, didn't pan out.

The ideas that "quest to cease" is not the end, or that you might have to return to previous clues, or that the last word may not have been the last word penned, which are all good points, don't really explain it either unless I'm missing something. And I do think it's important.

But I will add point 7 & 8:

7. Fenn has said that a non-fiction writer can lie (guess, be inaccurate or exaggerate) up to 15% of the time.
8. Fenn said that he didn't want to do anything for over 15 years
08-29-2017, 07:56 PM,
f also had to change the poem because you would not find the TC and his bones. What would rhyme with bones?
The pictures might explain?
Then after he hid it, he finished his poem?
Where warm waters halt is a place; it is definitely not abstract.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chasing Words (new download for sale) decall 6 1,732 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  When did the chase begin? When id you start chasing? 23kachinas 45 10,632 10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: le Chef
  Chasing Down Fenn Haven Logs ... minotaur_moreno 4 621 06-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: will197532
  chasing chickens Chris Yates 36 2,078 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Fainmatte