Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Chasing Chickens
08-29-2017, 08:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 08:54 PM by ROLL TIDE.)
RE: Chasing Chickens
I can keep my secret where ...

where = place
secret place.
A secret place is a hideaway.

hideaway = harbor
harbor = keep, retreat, foundation, home (below the home), secrete, destination, have, ride shotgun, give, treasure, answer, bury, cache, creek, duck, indulge, keep secret, nest, safe place, shadow, veil, admire, adore, cover all bases(think of everything), father, give thumbs up, HALT, hold dear, idolize(Skippy), initiate(begin it), insulate(in the middle), keep tabs on(he'll know), keep under wraps(in a vault), masquerade, narrow, resting place, return(go back), sneak, starting point, terminal point, basement(below the home), be discreet(go in peace), BURKE(me in the middle), dwell, fantasize, halting place, heavy, journey's end(quest to cease), nail, place, portal, post, rest Confident, surround(in the middle) ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A harbor is a WARM WATER port.

Warm waters halt in the first stanza.
Begin it in the first stanza.
08-29-2017, 10:06 PM,
How about this idea:
He was diagnosed with cancer.
Took him 5 years to write the poem.
Took a break.
Returned to the poem for another 5 years.
Took a break.
Hid the treasure.
Returned to the poem for another 5 years (bottom line, it wasn't a consecutive 15 years)
Returned to the treasure to add the bulk of what's there today. (Doing so, confirms to him that since no one found the treasure yet; no one will just stumble upon the chest)
Finished the poem.
Released the book.

Which results in hiding the treasure before the poem was completed.
08-29-2017, 10:13 PM,
Chasing Chickens
(08-29-2017, 10:06 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: How about this idea:
He was diagnosed with cancer.
Took him 5 years to write the poem.
Took a break.
Returned to the poem for another 5 years.
Took a break.
Hid the treasure.
Returned to the poem for another 5 years (bottom line, it wasn't a consecutive 15 years)
Returned to the treasure to add the bulk of what's there today. (Doing so, confirms to him that since no one found the treasure yet; no one will just stumble upon the chest)
Finished the poem.
Released the book.

Which results in hiding the treasure before the poem was completed.

I met a searcher who claims to have a precious version of the poem, I didn't ask as it was not offered but would that help? I wonder. I have his info and can make contact. Not sure if it would be shared but I have always been curious about it.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
08-29-2017, 10:16 PM,
A precious version?
What did they mean by that?
08-29-2017, 10:20 PM,
Chasing Chickens
The poem had previous versions with different words, subtle differences.

He gave me an example or two. I need to go look at my notes.

Kpro

08-29-2017, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 10:29 PM by Itchy Ideas.)
Oh that would be interesting. I'd question it's authenticity, but still interesting. I've only heard Forrest mention a part saying "but leaves my bones and go in peace".
Knowing that, "go in peace" sounds like an important part of the solve.
08-29-2017, 10:40 PM,
Chasing Chickens
(08-29-2017, 10:28 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: Oh that would be interesting. I'd question it's authenticity, but still interesting. I've only heard Forrest mention a part saying "but leaves my bones and go in peace".
Knowing that, "go in peace" sounds like an important part of the solve.

He is a legit guy, I will tell you via pm how I confirmed that if you are interested.

It was the bones comment he referenced specifically that was changed and also said some of the punctuation was changed.

Kpro

08-29-2017, 10:48 PM,
Yeah sure I'll listen
08-29-2017, 11:35 PM,
There could be a second poem in the chest. And that's what the special item is just for the finder. So he is playing on an assumption that searchers will understand the word "poem" to mean the one in TTOTC. The timing can match up if that's the case.
08-30-2017, 08:22 AM,
RT- " you end up where you begin."
Wrong- You end up where it begins.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chasing rabbits Parzival 6 803 10-25-2017, 04:31 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  Chasing Words (new download for sale) decall 6 2,119 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  When did the chase begin? When id you start chasing? 23kachinas 45 12,294 10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: le Chef
  Chasing Down Fenn Haven Logs ... minotaur_moreno 4 761 06-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: will197532
  chasing chickens Chris Yates 32 2,677 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Fainmatte