Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chasing Chickens
08-30-2017, 08:52 AM,
RE: Chasing Chickens
(08-30-2017, 08:22 AM)emmett Wrote: RT- " you end up where you begin."
Wrong- You end up where it begins.

Wrong ?
Maybe you should think about it some more.

If I end up where I began, after having followed the clues precisely, then there is no way I can end up somewhere other than where 'it' begins.

And, 'it' begins where warm waters halt, does it not ?

I begin 'it' wwwh, which is what the poem tells me to do.
I end up where wwh.
According to the poem, that is where 'it' begins.

So, please show me how I am wrong.
08-30-2017, 09:44 AM,
Ive thought about it for years.
It is a destination, and the journey to it begins at wwwh.
It isn't the journey.
You are reading it too literal.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, because everyone on this blog has their own interpretations, and when you try to offer a different interpretation instead of considering others ideas, they respond defensively.
I believe your blanket ideas have merit, but instead of others considering your ideas, you have received tons of backlash, so I know you understand what I'm saying.

Are you physically searching?
08-30-2017, 10:41 AM,
(08-30-2017, 09:44 AM)emmett Wrote: Ive thought about it for years.
It is a destination, and the journey to it begins at wwwh.
It isn't the journey.
You are reading it too literal.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, because everyone on this blog has their own interpretations, and when you try to offer a different interpretation instead of considering others ideas, they respond defensively.
I believe your blanket ideas have merit, but instead of others considering your ideas, you have received tons of backlash, so I know you understand what I'm saying.

Are you physically searching?

No offense taken, it just seems like we both may be getting at the same thing but, may be misunderstanding each other.

If you look at all the synonyms and related words for 'harbor', you'll see the 'blanket' theme is still there as well.

Yes, I am an active searcher. I've did eight trips so far, and #9 is in the planning stages.

As I've said numerous times already, I have two of each clue in my search area. When I start at clue one, and follow the clues consecutively, I wind up at another clue one for my final location. I didn't set out with that result in mind, it just turned out that way.

It causes me to think of burning a candle from both ends.

It is hard for me to make it totally understandable without giving out information that I choose not to share in open court. Hope you understand.
08-30-2017, 11:25 AM,
wow- 2 of each clue, another clue 1 for your final location! I can understand why you are physically searching, and have made numerous searches.
I too search Mt., and have made numerous searches also, although obviously not the same area.

I can't be sure, but I don't believe anyone else is searching my location. Have you observed any evidence of other searchers in your area? I ask that because I constantly receive questions from friends and family, wondering why if my solve is so great, "where are the other searchers?"

regardless, maybe one of us will be successful, and I wish you luck.
08-30-2017, 12:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM by ROLL TIDE.)
(08-30-2017, 11:25 AM)emmett Wrote: wow- 2 of each clue, another clue 1 for your final location! I can understand why you are physically searching, and have made numerous searches.
I too search Mt., and have made numerous searches also, although obviously not the same area.

I can't be sure, but I don't believe anyone else is searching my location. Have you observed any evidence of other searchers in your area? I ask that because I constantly receive questions from friends and family, wondering why if my solve is so great, "where are the other searchers?"

I have seen several searchers in the general area, on different occasions but, have not seen anyone within close proximaty of my final spot.

And, I've sat at my final spot and watched them walk right on by, never even knowing I was there.

It's really quite curious that none of them bother to give a second glance to the garish masquerade that watches from within the wood.

Apparently, none of them are catholic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone who figures that out should shoot me a kite.

Good luck to you as well, emmett.
08-31-2017, 03:11 AM,
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f "  (posted 6/5/2107)
http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

I hid the treasure chest before the poem was complete.

The poem was not complete until the last word was penned.
The chest was hidden before the last word was penned.
The location of the chest is found somewhere before you get to the last word.
You travel through the poem, and at some point before you reach the last word, you are in close proximity to the treasure.
But, not knowing that, you continue to travel through the poem.

There are many varying opinions on whether the chest is at 'your quest to cease'.
If it is, then the question arises as to what the rest of the poem is for.

Some say the remainder of the poem includes hints. Some say clues.
And then, there are those who say the remainder of the poem is useless.

Maybe ... the location of the chest is to be found hidden somewhere earlier in the poem, somewhere you have WALKED RIGHT PAST already, while attempting to follow the rest of the poem.

Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

Maybe ... that's why f said "If you can't find IT, go BACK to the first clue."

Maybe ... that's why f thought it necessary or clever, to give us the T.S. Eliot quote.

Maybe ... that's why many have been within 500' and didn't find the chest, because they were looking for it at the wrong spot in the poem.

Maybe ... that's why you can't start IN THE MIDDLE ...

Maybe ... some of the later clues are actually describing some of the earlier clues, in other words.

Maybe that would show there is no contradiction with the 15-year question.

RT, Your big brain is showing again. That was a compliment, as usual. I have a slightly different take on this and just touched on it in another post, but this is very good thinking.
08-31-2017, 10:16 AM,
(08-31-2017, 03:11 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 04:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: " To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f "  (posted 6/5/2107)
http://mysteriouswritings.com/periodic-w...sure-hunt/

I hid the treasure chest before the poem was complete.

The poem was not complete until the last word was penned.
The chest was hidden before the last word was penned.
The location of the chest is found somewhere before you get to the last word.
You travel through the poem, and at some point before you reach the last word, you are in close proximity to the treasure.
But, not knowing that, you continue to travel through the poem.

There are many varying opinions on whether the chest is at 'your quest to cease'.
If it is, then the question arises as to what the rest of the poem is for.

Some say the remainder of the poem includes hints. Some say clues.
And then, there are those who say the remainder of the poem is useless.

Maybe ... the location of the chest is to be found hidden somewhere earlier in the poem, somewhere you have WALKED RIGHT PAST already, while attempting to follow the rest of the poem.

Maybe ... the remainder of the poem takes you BACK to somewhere you have been already.

Maybe ... that's why f said "If you can't find IT, go BACK to the first clue."

Maybe ... that's why f thought it necessary or clever, to give us the T.S. Eliot quote.

Maybe ... that's why many have been within 500' and didn't find the chest, because they were looking for it at the wrong spot in the poem.

Maybe ... that's why you can't start IN THE MIDDLE ...

Maybe ... some of the later clues are actually describing some of the earlier clues, in other words.

Maybe that would show there is no contradiction with the 15-year question.

RT, Your big brain is showing again. That was a compliment, as usual. I have a slightly different take on this and just touched on it in another post, but this is very good thinking.

Roll Tide - You're almost right. I've said many times that the route the clues take you is the shape of a backwards 6. So you go right past the chest location at first but then return to that spot as you follow out all the clues. That's also why many solve the first 2 clues and then go past the chest location, which is at the end of the 9th clue.

The blaze is only the 4th clue. IMO

"The word that is key is directly related to it."
09-05-2017, 07:28 PM,
Featured Question - 9/5/2017

"Hello Mr. Fenn,
For those of us that do not speak a lick of Spanish, would a Spanish to English dictionary be helpful in our search for your treasure chest?
Thanks,
John

You should not need to look any words up John. Good luck. f"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice that f said "should not".
He didn't say "do not" or "will not".
So, that leaves his answer open to interpretation...
'should not' could mean 'might not' or 'may not'.

He also said "...look any words up...",
instead of "...look up any words..."

Forrest is very careful and deliberate with his placement of words.

"...look any words up John."
(no comma between up and John).

upjohn = architect.
09-05-2017, 10:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2017, 10:34 PM by ROLL TIDE.)
The end is ever drawing nigh...
...go in peace.

ever drawing-
endless
ceaseless
non-stop
never ending
Uninterrupted.

Uninterrupted -
peaceful
in peace.

Uninterrupted -
utterly attentive ... undivided attention ... tight focus.
Hear me all and listen good...

uninterrupted =
meek
secret
indulgence...
09-06-2017, 04:02 AM,
(08-30-2017, 12:42 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(08-30-2017, 11:25 AM)emmett Wrote: wow- 2 of each clue, another clue 1 for your final location! I can understand why you are physically searching, and have made numerous searches.

I have seen several searchers in the general area, on different occasions but, have not seen anyone within close proximaty of my final spot.

And, I've sat at my final spot and watched them walk right on by, never even knowing I was there.

It's really quite curious that none of them bother to give a second glance to the garish masquerade that watches from within the wood.

Apparently, none of them are catholic.
Anyone who figures that out should shoot me a kite.

Good luck to you as well, emmett.

I love the guys with binoculars asking where are you going today? LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chasing Words (new download for sale) decall 6 1,744 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  When did the chase begin? When id you start chasing? 23kachinas 45 10,674 10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: le Chef
  Chasing Down Fenn Haven Logs ... minotaur_moreno 4 623 06-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: will197532
  chasing chickens Chris Yates 36 2,082 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Fainmatte