Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Chasing Chickens
09-06-2017, 09:50 AM,
RE: Chasing Chickens
Over time, I see the W and the 23 being discussed. Sometimes, the 4 is thrown in for good measure...

Yes, W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet.
If you start from the bottom of the alphabet, W is the 4th letter.

And yes, there's the row 4, block 23.

4/23 ... April 23rd.
William Shakespeare.
His date of birth is unknown but, is widely accepted to be April 23, 1564. He died April 23, 1616.
His father John, was a glover. He made gloves. And as we all know, it's best to have gloves.

Now, for those who entertain the idea that 'I' represents someone other than Forrest in the poem, go research Shakespeare's Sonnet 23.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And just for sheitzengeigles, take a look at page 93, TTOTC again.

Lt. James Jamerson is using his pocket to hide something you might find of interest.
And, minimal research will show he was not a Lt. at the time this photo was taken.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who wants ice cream ?
09-06-2017, 10:28 AM,
(09-06-2017, 09:50 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Over time, I see the W and the 23 being discussed. Sometimes, the 4 is thrown in for good measure...

4/23 ... April 23rd.
William Shakespeare.
His date of birth is unknown but, is widely accepted to be April 23, 1564. He died April 23, 1616.
His father John, was a glover. He made gloves. And as we all know, it's best to have gloves.

Now, for those who entertain the idea that 'I' represents someone other than Forrest in the poem, go research Shakespeare's Sonnet 23.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lt. James Jamerson is using his pocket to hide something you might find of interest.
And, minimal research will show he was not a Lt. at the time this photo was taken.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who wants ice cream ?

It doesn't really matter *who* I is, just know what to do with I.
09-06-2017, 06:01 PM,
'Upjohn' was originally 'Ap-John', which meant 'son of John'.

William Shakespeare was the son of John Shakespeare.
09-07-2017, 02:52 AM,
(09-06-2017, 09:50 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Over time, I see the W and the 23 being discussed. Sometimes, the 4 is thrown in for good measure...

4/23 ... April 23rd.
William Shakespeare.

Who wants ice cream ?
Good finds RT .

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
09-07-2017, 12:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 01:07 PM by ROLL TIDE.)
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...ent-220965

Mr. Fenn,
There is a lot of talk about you backing away from the chase as evidenced by your lack of posting on the blogs. Some say your health is not good and that is why you stopped. It is lonesome without you. Do you have anything to say about that? Thanks,  ~Billy S

Well Billy,
Every day for the last few years I’ve told myself to retire, and I always do – for a few days. But just last night I finished the 39th story in my 3rd memoir. I selected what I think are my best Scrapbooks, rewrote them, added lots of new graphics, stick figures, and new/old photos. It is pretty much designed and will be printed next week hopefully.
Doug Preston wrote a lengthy foreword that beautifully sets the tone for what is to come. He and I will launch the book at Collected Works bookstore on 2 October. After that maybe I will retire for sure, but I secretly hope not. f
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

every day
few years
few days
just last night
3rd
stick figures (drawing)
pretty much (little, about, around)
next week
what is to come (coming up)
-----------------------------------------
short time
-----------------------------------------
coming soon
occurring in the near future
before long
on the way
in a day or two
around the corner
near at hand
upcoming
-------------------------------------------
retire
cease
diminish
come to an end
-------------------------------------------
foreword = breakthrough
09-07-2017, 02:23 PM,
Do you have anything to say about that ? Thanks, Billy S.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Portia :
"You, merchant, have you anything to say?"

Antonio :
"But little : I am arm'd and well prepar'd.
Give me your hand Bassanio : fare you well !
Grieve not that I am fallen to this for you,
For herein Fortune shows herself more kind
Than is her custom : it is still her use
To let the wretched man outlive his wealth,
To view with hollow eye and wrinkled brow
An age of poverty; from which lingering penance
Of such misery doth she cut me off."
--------------------------------------------------------
ACT 4
SCENE 1. Venice. A court of justice.

The Merchant of Venice
-William Shakespeare-

aka Billy S.
09-07-2017, 10:31 PM,
"It is lonesome without you." Why does Billy feel so alone? There have been thousands of searchers...
It's all hidden within the book..
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
09-07-2017, 10:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 10:49 PM by RahRah.)
(09-07-2017, 10:31 PM)whatiff Wrote: "It is lonesome without you." Why does Billy feel so alone? There have been thousands of searchers...

He's blue Wink

BTW...it is a hint, but the hint isn't blue, although blue is Fenn's favorite color.
09-08-2017, 09:08 AM,
"The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CapnCook

Threads: 2
RE: The Forward in Forrest's New Book
Wasn't the story originally leaving his car in Arizona? In the university parking lot. Reported by Tony Dokoupil in Newsweek on August 20, 2012...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first glance, one would seem to contradict the other.
But, think about it.

"The final clue would be WHERE 'they' found his car ..."

As has been stated already, his car would not have sat there but for a couple days at the most before being investigated and towed.
The statement does not imply that a 'searcher' would need to find his car there.

Okay, so he parks his car at either location, and the implication is that a 'final clue' can be found at either location. This is implied simply because the resting spot of Indulgence has never changed.
So, it doesn't matter which place he leaves his car, the location of the chest remains the same.

So, analytical reasoning seems to suggest that it doesn't matter if the car was found in the Denver parking lot, or the Arizona parking lot.
The only thing that would appear relevant that connects the two different locations would simply be that the car is found in a parking lot.
This would assure that the final clue remains the same wherever the car is left, as long as it is found in a parking lot.

The car is not the focal point here, the parking lot is.

Now, how does that help, clue-wise ?

To be helpful, it would need to hint at something that can be connected to both of the parking lots.

I smiled when I figured it out, as I had made the connection over a year ago, without knowing about any 'parking lot' connection until just now.

It also explains him laughing about it on the way back to his car.
09-08-2017, 09:44 AM,
I would agree with ROLL TIDE, at least to a point. I focus on the word "final" as being the last, maybe even meaning after death. Fenn has accomplices (not knowledgeable about the CT itself though) and can have his car parked for him anywhere he leaves directions for them to do so.
curiouser and couriouser

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chasing rabbits Parzival 6 803 10-25-2017, 04:31 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  Chasing Words (new download for sale) decall 6 2,119 01-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow
  When did the chase begin? When id you start chasing? 23kachinas 45 12,294 10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
Last Post: le Chef
  Chasing Down Fenn Haven Logs ... minotaur_moreno 4 761 06-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: will197532
  chasing chickens Chris Yates 32 2,677 06-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Fainmatte