Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question-- the word that is key!?
10-12-2017, 08:06 PM,
RE: Question-- the word that is key!?
(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:59 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:51 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 06:56 PM)John Brown Wrote: Thinking about the "word that is key" is a complete waste of time. You can't possibly hope to infer it. You have zero information on it. ANything you come up with will be sheer speculation. Fenn's instructions are: Read the poem, read the book, read the map. Repeat. Ignore them and you have no chance of finding the box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JB, Bingo. . . . I don't mean that "Bingo" is "a word that is key" (although
FF did write about winning at bingo/Bingo). I mean that your posting
"nailed it".

Stay tuned for a discussion about "nailed", on a new thread.

I actually think John Brown didn’t nail it about the word that is key. He said anything you come up with be sheer speculation....my points would be maybe and what’s wrong with that if John is correct? We don’t need a word that is key to be totally non speculative. Why? Because we have other mechanisms in the Chase that probably act as non speculative place holders, the hints and first clue I’d say for starters and the rest of the clues if one gets that far.

The word that is key concept is the one thing in the Chase, that I can think of, where many searchers have missed an opportunity to find out possibly important information. That info is what did the first few searchers who figured out a word that is key come up with? How did they zero in on a word? What discovery was found? Was it in the poem? Was it hidden in plain sight? Will they share that info?

I think the word that is key can be ascertained from the poem so that does follow John’s mention of f’s instructions. Now, f never said imigination won’t help with the poem so maybe that’s where imagination can help unlock a word that is key. Maybe that is helpful in finding the blaze. When it says if you’re wise in the poem that could mean the answer to that is speculative in the sense that nearly 100 percent of the people out there would prbly just pass the blaze if they see it and not even realize it. But it won’t be speculative to the wise one. IMO

--------------------------------------------------------------------

fundamental design, this may appear very nit-picky, but I'm offering it in
an attempt to emphasize the importance of clear thinking and very
careful analysis in solving the poem correctly.

One does not need to be wise in order to correctly solve the poem. But
a wise person may have an advantage in the task. This may well be more important than you currently realize.

The above emulation was prompted by the chief emulator.
Daaaaaamn skippy! Lol
10-12-2017, 09:12 PM,
(10-12-2017, 07:21 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:59 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:51 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 06:56 PM)John Brown Wrote: Thinking about the "word that is key" is a complete waste of time. You can't possibly hope to infer it. You have zero information on it. ANything you come up with will be sheer speculation. Fenn's instructions are: Read the poem, read the book, read the map. Repeat. Ignore them and you have no chance of finding the box.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JB, Bingo. . . . I don't mean that "Bingo" is "a word that is key" (although
FF did write about winning at bingo/Bingo). I mean that your posting
"nailed it".

Stay tuned for a discussion about "nailed", on a new thread.

I actually think John Brown didn’t nail it about the word that is key. He said anything you come up with be sheer speculation....my points would be maybe and what’s wrong with that if John is correct? We don’t need a word that is key to be totally non speculative. Why? Because we have other mechanisms in the Chase that probably act as non speculative place holders, the hints and first clue I’d say for starters and the rest of the clues if one gets that far.

The word that is key concept is the one thing in the Chase, that I can think of, where many searchers have missed an opportunity to find out possibly important information. That info is what did the first few searchers who figured out a word that is key come up with? How did they zero in on a word? What discovery was found? Was it in the poem? Was it hidden in plain sight? Will they share that info?

I think the word that is key can be ascertained from the poem so that does follow John’s mention of f’s instructions. Now, f never said imigination won’t help with the poem so maybe that’s where imagination can help unlock a word that is key. Maybe that is helpful in finding the blaze. When it says if you’re wise in the poem that could mean the answer to that is speculative in the sense that nearly 100 percent of the people out there would prbly just pass the blaze if they see it and not even realize it. But it won’t be speculative to the wise one. IMO

--------------------------------------------------------------------

fundamental design, this may appear very nit-picky, but I'm offering it in
an attempt to emphasize the importance of clear thinking and very
careful analysis in solving the poem correctly.

One does not need to be wise in order to correctly solve the poem. But
a wise person may have an advantage in the task. This may well be more important than you currently realize.

The above emulation was prompted by the chief emulator.

Some people should have a limit on how many new threads they can start. Might be nit-picky but it's my opinion.
10-12-2017, 11:50 PM,
fd said...

Way to go fd, I've not heard this expressed more clearly. What prompted a few searchers to zero in on this word? ff himself drew attention to this word in a statement he made long ago, I will not say where since that is a dead giveaway. Because imaginations can run amok, most people were to busy talking to hear him. They still are. The blogs are for entertainment.

Later on when he made his tight focus comment he said ''''A'' word that is key''...''A'' word...''A''...''A''...

He was talking about the poem when he said this so the ''word'' he was referencing is in the poem and it is not hidden...It is in plain sight. The word he drew attention to long ago in his statement.

Only problem is, while he spoke of ''A'' word, there is more than one ''word that is key'' in the poem. I'm aware of at least ten(10) words that are of key importance to discover the search location, and they are all words in the poem.

But what do I know, right? I don't have the chest. I can't say I know the hidey spot either. The one thing I do have total confidence in however, is that I know where to go on the map to look for it.