Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes it fun for you?
09-06-2017, 07:57 PM,
I've followed a few of these hunts. Breakfast Tea & Bourbon & 12th Plate, Map of the Dead, and Jenny's hunts are the 4 besides TTOTC.

Of those 5, the most fun was 12th Plate. The fun for me had little to do with the purse, and more to do with the clues and the puzzle itself. The reward is not only the purse, but also the satisfaction of the solve.

I could tell you why I liked each of these hunts, and what I do not like about them.

The biggest surprise to me is how the smaller hunts can be more enjoyable than the one with the biggest purse, TTOTC.

I do have some good memories from BOTG, but they are rivaled by Armchair excitement of solving hunts I will never win, and the memories shared with those I participated with.

What makes it fun for me is knowing how close I came. That is my consolation prize.
09-06-2017, 08:27 PM,
RE: What makes it fun for you?
The challenge of figuring it out....
09-06-2017, 08:39 PM,
BT&B - it was fun until the creator mislead in the product and delivery. Abandon that hunt and will not participate again. The novel was decent. The prize was worth it, but novels especially those that have three valid solves makes it not worth it. Organizer came out with a video asking us to have our friends buy the book as he needed a solid business model.

12th plate - was the best, a scroll, confirming clues. There was several of us on MW (maybe you have a different handle there?) collaborating and it was a blast. The organizer had the solve in a preschool park which was weird. Also the solve was a guess and not exact in the scroll. But the clues were confirming which made it great! Actually traveled with my kids which made it the best.

Map of the dead - total armchair which takes the thrill out of it. It seems great but I lost interest. Another novel.

Jenny s hunts - several were solved within 24 hours. Bummer. I had bought it and didn't get to even see it by the time I got home from work. Also you have to buy and figure out if $250 prize is in another part of the country. The scrolls were cool but no worth the time to figure out the stone was further than I was willing to go.

I have been a part of a few others but those are my thoughts.

Chase - awesome, but really no confirmation so we are all spinning in circles. I continue BOTG but more frustrated than excited these days. I guess I know we are going into off season and bummed I didn't find it this year. Too much contradiction and rabbit holes to have a thrill, more of a job now a days.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
09-06-2017, 08:55 PM,
I've enjoyed listening to Johnny Cash.
09-06-2017, 09:20 PM,
I've enjoyed learning about my state, the native people, early settlers, and geology. I'm not sure I would have learned what I have without the chase. My one BOTG was a blast. One more next weekend.
09-07-2017, 01:10 AM,
For me the best part has been my one sided conversations with Forrest. LOL I really can't explain that other than to say , I am nuts!( He would never discuss anything Chase related with anyone. ) I have told him my ideas , the dumb stuff I thought up in hopes it would make him laugh. It's been fun learning about so many different things from stuff related to his scrapbooks to state history , historical characters , and of course legends. I had fun watching my husband search ,he was so relaxed and excited about the idea. Hopefully we will be able to search again someday if fate allows.
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-07-2017, 05:49 AM,
The thrill of the chase.
09-07-2017, 05:49 AM,
The best part for me was when I matched a location to one of his drawings. The feeling that you've figured something difficult out is the ultimate. The most frustrating is being so far away from the four states with limited opportunity to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-07-2017, 08:05 AM,
Fennboree, some of the people we've met (either in person or on-line), and visiting places we've read about on the blogs.

PS - I'm moving this to Therapy Room, because that's what it is - therapy, with a 1 week redirect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I hope she makes it BCO 2 284 06-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Last Post: NTMI