Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
To Our Searchers in FL
09-07-2017, 10:00 PM,
To Our Searchers in FL
Please, PLEASE do take care! I was just out of the shower when Hurricane Iwa ripped the roof off of my building on Oahu the day before Thanksgiving in 1982. I got chased out of Destin FL by Hurricane Elena during Labor Day weekend 1985. And those two were NOTHING compared to what this one is shaping up to be!
I wish you the best. Keep your heads down!
09-08-2017, 05:29 AM,
RE: To Our Searchers in FL
Thanks. I'm thinking I'm going to lose everything I own. My family has evacuated. So I'm grateful for that. I have a house there, my mom does and my search partner and his wife does.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
09-08-2017, 06:48 AM,
Thanks! Glad you are out Stephanie!
Watching the hurricane tracking closely. If it goes into the Gulf, then it is time to get out.
I am not in a flood zone, so staying put for now. I've been through a few of these and the West side is the best side to be on.

All the best to all the FL Chasers.
09-08-2017, 06:48 AM,
My best friend and I are praying very hard for Irma to miss you. Stay strong.
09-08-2017, 10:59 AM,
My father in-law is in an inland memory care facility in Sarasota with a good staff-resident ratio. His condo on Sarasota bay is going to suffer though. Sister in-law has a house in Ellenton, and she's hunkering down. We're talking about going down after the hurricane to help with rebuilding.
09-08-2017, 11:18 AM,
(09-08-2017, 10:59 AM)NTMI Wrote: My father in-law is in an inland memory care facility in Sarasota with a good staff-resident ratio. His condo on Sarasota bay is going to suffer though. Sister in-law has a house in Ellenton, and she's hunkering down. We're talking about going down after the hurricane to help with rebuilding.

Good on ya
09-08-2017, 01:01 PM,
Normally, the storm surge is the killer, as it was in '57 when Audrey killed 500+ around Cameron, Louisiana. I was in Lake Charles 30 miles north and the wind was well down by then. It's pretty obvious, though, that Cat 5 winds are another matter. Get well off the coast and into someplace secure from wind if you can.
09-08-2017, 01:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 01:28 PM by Indy.)
(09-08-2017, 05:29 AM)admin Wrote: Thanks. I'm thinking I'm going to lose everything I own. My family has evacuated. So I'm grateful for that. I have a house there, my mom does and my search partner and his wife does.

Stay positive. Disasters never play out like they predict. I had to evacuate my home in 97 because the river behind my house was raging from an early Sierra snow melt. I was awoken at 6am by a cop car going around our neighborhood with a loud speaker telling us to leave right away because the entire levee was going to collapse. I ran out back and looked at the levee and sure enough the whole thing was slowly falling into the water and we had hours at most. I left the house in tears knowing everything I owned would be gone when I returned. I didn't even have time to take photos, important papers or anything other than the kids and the animals.

But a weird thing happened, when we returned two days later, we had found the levee on the other side of the river had given way at the last possible second and that failure flooded farm land and spared our entire community of 500 homes. That levee failure on the other side diverted the main flow into the farm land and relieved pressure on our side. Until it happens, there's always hope.
09-08-2017, 01:35 PM,
(09-08-2017, 10:59 AM)NTMI Wrote: My father in-law is in an inland memory care facility in Sarasota with a good staff-resident ratio. His condo on Sarasota bay is going to suffer though. Sister in-law has a house in Ellenton, and she's hunkering down. We're talking about going down after the hurricane to help with rebuilding.
They are hoping for 17000 volunteers to help from what the governor said. Sarasota isn't far from me. Went there once while there. I didn't have a chance to board up windows or secure my enclosed trailer that holds all our memory stuff. I sure hope something happens to turn it just a little east to miss me. After all I've dealt with.....this would be too much on top.

09-08-2017, 01:36 PM,
Indy your words are very comforting.....very.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers Guest 99 11,435 12-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: RoosterCogburn