Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
To Our Searchers in FL
09-08-2017, 02:23 PM,
RE: To Our Searchers in FL
just came back from Ringgold GA,i went the back way I 75 is backed up way past Dalton GA about 45 minutes from Chattanooga going north,its a standstill
09-08-2017, 02:28 PM,
Steph, don't eat beans in a contained area.
RainX your windows.
Cover your roof with umbrellas.

Good luck!
09-08-2017, 02:32 PM,
admin,did you leave to a safer place
09-08-2017, 04:09 PM,
Keep me in the loop if anyone needs assistance. My wife and I live a bit north of Orlando in a concrete bunker of a house so expecting to be just fine. After Matthew last year I was helping out as much as I could with cleanup and expect to do that again this time. I know at this point the track looks like it will probably pass Sarasota on the left (aka good side) if the storm as a cat 2 or 3
09-08-2017, 04:22 PM,
Yes I'm out of state. My family and friends all left too. I just am worried now about losing everything I own. Florida is wonky with insurance. I've spent the last year fixing up my place and getting it inspection compliant. I just was able to get it almost to pass....they still have three more things on my list...a railing for two steps, breaker needs a couple breakers where there are open spaces and some branches off the roof. Was supposed to get insurance on 9/24 as long as those things were satisfied.... guessing branches will be gone, but probably big tree in their place. Of course I'm grateful I have my family safe.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
09-08-2017, 04:23 PM,
(09-08-2017, 04:09 PM)sabercatpuck Wrote: Keep me in the loop if anyone needs assistance. My wife and I live a bit north of Orlando in a concrete bunker of a house so expecting to be just fine. After Matthew last year I was helping out as much as I could with cleanup and expect to do that again this time. I know at this point the track looks like it will probably pass Sarasota on the left (aka good side) if the storm as a cat 2 or 3
That's so awesome of you.

09-09-2017, 02:10 AM,
Just saw it moved west. Not good for James, Marty and I. Please be safe you guys. Thanks for all the PMs. I might not be able to answer them all. I very much appreciate everyone's well wishes and love.

09-09-2017, 03:59 AM,
We are hunkering down in Naples, and we are expecting a direct hit.

We're hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

We missed the midnight point of no return for evacuating.

We're about twelve miles from the Gulf, so we aren't in a flood zone or mandatory evacuation area. Our house is relatively new, and built strong. It has hurricane impact windows.

We now have plenty of water, Coke Zero, and snacks. We expect a loud, scary day tomorrow, but I think we'll be fine.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
09-09-2017, 07:39 AM,
(09-09-2017, 03:59 AM)Mindy Wrote: We are hunkering down in Naples, and we are expecting a direct hit.

We're about twelve miles from the Gulf, so we aren't in a flood zone or mandatory evacuation area. Our house is relatively new, and built strong. It has hurricane impact windows.

We now have plenty of water, Coke Zero, and snacks. We expect a loud, scary day tomorrow, but I think we'll be fine.
Please try and find a way to let us know how you are. Text me if you can even so I can let people here know you guys are ok.

09-09-2017, 08:31 AM,
(09-09-2017, 07:39 AM)admin Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 03:59 AM)Mindy Wrote: We are hunkering down in Naples, and we are expecting a direct hit.

Please try and find a way to let us know how you are. Text me if you can even so I can let people here know you guys are ok.

yes please,and good luck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers Guest 99 11,514 12-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: RoosterCogburn