Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
To Our Searchers in FL
09-09-2017, 05:56 PM,
RE: To Our Searchers in FL
(09-09-2017, 05:40 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: Mindy is going to step out during the eye to get a video/photo and end up in OZ

LOL! Mindy is going to be too busy hollering at James not to go out!
Seriously, a little bit of math will tell you how long the eye will take to go over (eye is 20 miles wide, hurricane is travelling at 20mph, 1 hour of calm) BUT, BUT, BUT - no one truly knows where they are in the eye, whether or not the direction of the eye is changing, and whether it's expanding or contracting while going over, so DON'T GO OUTDOORS until the authorities give the all-clear! That's the one thing I remember most about my first hurricane is the direct order we were given before it hit - DO NOT GO OUTSIDE until you're given the all-clear. I didn't have to be told twice...
09-09-2017, 06:10 PM,
(09-09-2017, 05:56 PM)NTMI Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 05:40 PM)Itchy Ideas Wrote: Mindy is going to step out during the eye to get a video/photo and end up in OZ

Seriously, a little bit of math will tell you how long the eye will take to go over (eye is 20 miles wide, hurricane is travelling at 20mph, 1 hour of calm) BUT, BUT, BUT - no one truly knows where they are in the eye, whether or not the direction of the eye is changing, and whether it's expanding or contracting while going over, so DON'T GO OUTDOORS until the authorities give the all-clear! That's the one thing I remember most about my first hurricane is the direct order we were given before it hit - DO NOT GO OUTSIDE until you're given the all-clear. I didn't have to be told twice...

If and when things get hairy I know we can depend on NTMI to find a way to help the communities affected. Come find us with your drone, Brother. Smile
09-09-2017, 06:11 PM,
To Our Searchers in FL

James is too skeered to go out. Lol. Just kidding.

I will go out, snap a quick video to show how calm it is, then run back inside. Quick as a wink. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
09-09-2017, 06:24 PM,
(09-09-2017, 06:11 PM)Mindy Wrote:

James is too skeered to go out. Lol. Just kidding.

I will go out, snap a quick video to show how calm it is, then run back inside. Quick as a wink. Smile

You might need your snorkel
09-09-2017, 06:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 06:42 PM by NTMI.)
(09-09-2017, 06:10 PM)fundamental design Wrote:

If and when things get hairy I know we can depend on NTMI to find a way to help the communities affected. Come find us with your drone, Brother. Smile

You kiddin' me? I got on the last train outta town! Or at least filmed it with the drone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s1K4cUoaA0

EDIT: You might have to manually choose the HD option.
09-09-2017, 07:14 PM,
^Mindy and I both say that was amazing. Looks so beautiful there and cool train. Awesome to see you pop up in the end.
09-09-2017, 07:25 PM,
To Our Searchers in FL
(09-09-2017, 03:59 AM)Mindy Wrote: We are hunkering down in Naples, and we are expecting a direct hit.

We're hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

We missed the midnight point of no return for evacuating.

We're about twelve miles from the Gulf, so we aren't in a flood zone or mandatory evacuation area. Our house is relatively new, and built strong. It has hurricane impact windows.

We now have plenty of water, Coke Zero, and snacks. We expect a loud, scary day tomorrow, but I think we'll be fine.

Good luck Mindy and all in direct line of Irma. Please be cautious and stay safe.

09-09-2017, 07:41 PM,
(09-09-2017, 02:02 PM)timebandit Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote: That will be my problem is the surge. I hired a guy I don't even know online to get my trailer and bring it to his lot. It has all our memories in it. It has a better chance of making it there. Hoping to pay him to take pics of our three homes if anything is left unless he would be required to scuba dive...I really don't think there will be. Seems so unfair they cash my payment for insurance prior to this storm and make me wait 30 days. Shouldn't they only take my money after the 30 days? I bet I don't get the $800 back either.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

If they accepted your money as premium paid, they will be forced to deliver by law...
I don't think so. There's a 30 day wait for insurance in Florida. I was so close.

Speaking of close.... Reminds me of the time my blaze was a zillion year old oak tree because it was the only tree like it in this whole forest area by Taos. We were forced to leave as I was caring for my father and returned a week later only to find this same tree toppled over. What were the chances? It had to be well over 200 years old. The week before I was right at it's base too...I could have been impailed by it and sent into the ground 6ft.

I'm always close, but no cigar.

09-09-2017, 07:54 PM,
(09-09-2017, 07:41 PM)admin Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 01:41 PM)admin Wrote: That will be my problem is the surge. I hired a guy I don't even know online to get my trailer and bring it to his lot. It has all our memories in it. It has a better chance of making it there. Hoping to pay him to take pics of our three homes if anything is left unless he would be required to scuba dive...I really don't think there will be. Seems so unfair they cash my payment for insurance prior to this storm and make me wait 30 days. Shouldn't they only take my money after the 30 days? I bet I don't get the $800 back either.

If they accepted your money as premium paid, they will be forced to deliver by law...
I don't think so. There's a 30 day wait for insurance in Florida. I was so close.

Speaking of close.... Reminds me of the time my blaze was a zillion year old oak tree because it was the only tree like it in this whole forest area by Taos. We were forced to leave as I was caring for my father and returned a week later only to find this same tree toppled over. What were the chances? It had to be well over 200 years old. The week before I was right at it's base too...I could have been impailed by it and sent into the ground 6ft.

I remember this solve, you wanted me to help you with something? Did you ever come to a resolve with the solution?
09-09-2017, 08:37 PM,
(09-09-2017, 07:54 PM)will197532 Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:41 PM)admin Wrote:

I remember this solve, you wanted me to help you with something? Did you ever come to a resolve with the solution?

Hey Will, hope you got everything buttoned up. Unfortunately, I have to agree w/ Stephanie on that one. I'm no expert, but I remember the 30 day lag in effective date, it applies to most major insurance.

I remember having an outrageous outhouse solve in the early days - even corresponded with Bubba on it. But before I knew it, the outhouse got removed by the Forest Service. Sometimes it's better to be lucky! Cigars are overrated if you don't smoke.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searchers Clues to other Searchers Guest 99 11,514 12-27-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: RoosterCogburn