Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Goodbye
09-08-2017, 12:26 AM,
My Goodbye
Almost three years ago, I entered the Chase with hopes of fulfilling a Mother’s long since deceased hopes that one of her children would understand that which she struggled to teach them. I tore through Forrest’s poem like a demon obsessed. There were moments when I felt that it laid, at my feet, completely deciphered. There have been many things in my life that I was dead sure to be true…and I was right. Recently, one of those instances arose in the culmination of Bubba’s poem. “Circumstances” kept me from validating it, which I felt was cast upon me at the cost of human life. I cannot forgive myself for that or forget what it meant within the bigger picture.

While biding my time to strategically recover the chest when there was no one around, I was introduced to a new twist within the storyline. A foreword written by Doug Preston. In its text, he quoted one line that Forrest had told him, “The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.” It is times like this in a person’s life, when they must objectively ask themselves, “What if I never had a clue about this Chase??” To be completely in the wrong State, and to not even think about a parking lot or museum, MUST, at some point, cast incredible doubt upon any searcher’s faculty.

I’ve heard many say, “Well don’t take what that says verbatim.” I realize that they are just trying to false rationalize to stay in the game…just a little bit longer. However, I’m not willing to “fool” myself. Once I accepted that, I was able to realize just how little of an effect, I was putting on the Chase. I simply “blah blah blah” ‘d my way through three years. I made friends but also made enemies. Why do there always have to be two sides? My “redneck” mentality was showing through, and I didn’t see it. I should’ve though. I’ve never met Forrest one on one. Of over a dozen featured questions asked… all of them were turned down. There had to come a point when reality collided with me and said, “this is just not for you.”

Well, that came today with the foreword of his new book and that one line. Fate finally told me, “You’re just not good enough,” and now… I hear it. I am not getting any younger, and if I want to truly find some sort of greatness, I have to let go of what my heart is on. So I am going to end my Chase for this treasure and focus on Alone (History Channel), and attempts to get in the competition. Since it’s season 1 first episode, I have felt like I needed to be there. I don’t know why. If I could encourage people in the pursuit of their dreams, I would tell you to give it everything your soul has to offer, BUT to understand that there comes a point, when logic will try to prove you wrong. Listen to that logic in order to save yourself undue misery.

In closing, I’d like to thank Dal, Stephanie, and Jenny for all of their hard work in keeping this Chase blazing over the last 7 years. You’ve all been impartial and kind to me, and I appreciate it. And to the master fisherman, Forrest Fenn, I’d like to thank you for giving this lowly blue collar worker some semblance of hope and inspiration. If not for discovering your poem three years ago, I don’t know where my level of confidence would’ve led me. I am in debt to you sir. And to be quite honest… I hope you find your bracelet one day.

Godspeed,

Iron Will
09-08-2017, 12:34 AM,
RE: My Goodbye
Keep on keepin' on IW. It's refreshing to see some sensibility in the Chase, and I am not too far behind you. I am not convinced there is enough information to solve this puzzle after all these years with so many intelligent folks having tried.

(09-08-2017, 12:26 AM)Iron Will Wrote: Almost three years ago, I entered the Chase with hopes of fulfilling a Mother’s long since deceased hopes that one of her children would understand that which she struggled to teach them. I tore through Forrest’s poem like a demon obsessed. There were moments when I felt that it laid, at my feet, completely deciphered. There have been many things in my life that I was dead sure to be true…and I was right. Recently, one of those instances arose in the culmination of Bubba’s poem. “Circumstances” kept me from validating it, which I felt was cast upon me at the cost of human life. I cannot forgive myself for that or forget what it meant within the bigger picture.

While biding my time to strategically recover the chest when there was no one around, I was introduced to a new twist within the storyline. A foreword written by Doug Preston. In its text, he quoted one line that Forrest had told him, “The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.” It is times like this in a person’s life, when they must objectively ask themselves, “What if I never had a clue about this Chase??” To be completely in the wrong State, and to not even think about a parking lot or museum, MUST, at some point, cast incredible doubt upon any searcher’s faculty.

I’ve heard many say, “Well don’t take what that says verbatim.” I realize that they are just trying to false rationalize to stay in the game…just a little bit longer. However, I’m not willing to “fool” myself. Once I accepted that, I was able to realize just how little of an effect, I was putting on the Chase. I simply “blah blah blah” ‘d my way through three years. I made friends but also made enemies. Why do there always have to be two sides? My “redneck” mentality was showing through, and I didn’t see it. I should’ve though. I’ve never met Forrest one on one. Of over a dozen featured questions asked… all of them were turned down. There had to come a point when reality collided with me and said, “this is just not for you.”

Well, that came today with the foreword of his new book and that one line. Fate finally told me, “You’re just not good enough,” and now… I hear it. I am not getting any younger, and if I want to truly find some sort of greatness, I have to let go of what my heart is on. So I am going to end my Chase for this treasure and focus on Alone (History Channel), and attempts to get in the competition. Since it’s season 1 first episode, I have felt like I needed to be there. I don’t know why. If I could encourage people in the pursuit of their dreams, I would tell you to give it everything your soul has to offer, BUT to understand that there comes a point, when logic will try to prove you wrong. Listen to that logic in order to save yourself undue misery.

In closing, I’d like to thank Dal, Stephanie, and Jenny for all of their hard work in keeping this Chase blazing over the last 7 years. You’ve all been impartial and kind to me, and I appreciate it. And to the master fisherman, Forrest Fenn, I’d like to thank you for giving this lowly blue collar worker some semblance of hope and inspiration. If not for discovering your poem three years ago, I don’t know where my level of confidence would’ve led me. I am in debt to you sir. And to be quite honest… I hope you find your bracelet one day.

Godspeed,

Iron Will
09-08-2017, 12:35 AM,
My Goodbye
Wow, very nice post. I wish you luck in life. Chase on. K

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
09-08-2017, 12:36 AM,
Rest up will. You've been working a lot of hours. You were stumped before and came back swinging...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
09-08-2017, 01:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 10:58 AM by RahRah.)
Iron Will....good luck - I've enjoyed your posts and wish you well!
09-08-2017, 03:14 AM,
It hasn't shown up in the museum yet, but I feel exactly the same way. I'm in debt to more than just Mr. Fenn. I'm in debt to my children.

Self-proclaimed Fennprentice
Seasoned Searcher
Ain't No Mountain Far Enough.
"Exact quotes speak for themselves."
09-08-2017, 05:26 AM,
He told me originally to go look near the trees in chama, nm. So I'm sure he was pulling Doug's leg. I also remember Doug originally saying a parking lot in Arizona. So was his original comment changed to sell books?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
09-08-2017, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017, 12:49 PM by Bryan Pergola.)
The greatest lesson in this quest is that there are many things more precious than gold. It takes an iron will to walk away, he may lose the gold, but he will gain the world.
09-08-2017, 07:14 AM,
iron will dont think we ever talked much,but good luck in life ,and may good things come your way
09-08-2017, 07:22 AM,
All the best Iron Will. It looks like I'll have to make a trip out there sooner than I had planned.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Goodbye HollyfromMN 11 1,881 02-13-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Project Why