Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The "find his car" Conundrum
09-10-2017, 10:09 AM,
In 2012, it was written by a news reporter(Tony Doukopil) that Forrest Fenn said:

"So when Forrest puts his body next to the treasure and dies he’s afraid that people will find his car and the location of the car would be Northern Arizona University. So there could be some significance to Northern Arizona University."

and now, in the Foreword written by Doug Preston of Forrest's 3rd memoir, presumably approved by Forrest, it is to be published in this book that Forrest said-

"The final clue, he said, would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science."

Kind of hard to claim this one is misdefined, broadly defined, or "not taken in context".

So which is it? Is it Arizona or Denver? I am eager to hear the explanations for this Conundrum by those who emplore semantics.
09-10-2017, 10:24 AM,
RE: The "find his car" Conundrum
the poem had been changed sense Preston had seen it the first time and from the first time Forrest showed him the chest witch means the final clue was also changed. and he would not leave a car behind at all. but to hide the chest then when the time came take a taxi and be Dropped off and go die with it. with no car to be found !
09-10-2017, 10:32 AM,
I'm stumped. I think the big question is how could he leave the museum without leaving some sort of trail that could be followed to where he went from there.
-= 12 inch club =-
09-10-2017, 10:36 AM,
How about this gem:

http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-...archive-1/

"No one has any secret information that will take them to the hiding place. It’s in the poem for all to see.f"
09-10-2017, 10:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 10:40 AM by eYe4-1.)
maybe the final clue had been changed and he would not go to the Museum at all.

or if he did leave a car behind how would he get to where he needed to go to be with the treasure. and have know one know where he really went ?
09-10-2017, 11:34 AM,
I find it clear now that Ff is intentionally creating as much noise and misdirection as possible to prevent the TC from being found. IMO.

Kpro

Email: kpro3@aol.com
09-10-2017, 11:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2017, 11:46 AM by resa.)
(09-10-2017, 10:36 AM)CapnCook Wrote: How about this gem:

http://mysteriouswritings.com/questions-...archive-1/

"No one has any secret information that will take them to the hiding place. It’s in the poem for all to see.f"

It sure didn't help Doug.

(09-10-2017, 11:34 AM)Kpro Wrote: I find it clear now that Ff is intentionally creating as much noise and misdirection as possible to prevent the TC from being found. IMO.

Kpro

He's not misdirecting. He's telling you to take a really good look at the map and make a connection.
09-10-2017, 02:15 PM,
(09-10-2017, 01:41 PM)Milan Wrote: [IMO]
As the person who will end the Chase soon, I assure you Fenn has been a straight shooter from the beginning. Yes, he has given out extra hints, but he goes out of his way to be fair to everyone and he makes sure that the hints are available to everyone. However, many of his hints are only meaningful to searchers who have already gotten past certain points of the poem/riddle.

I can say without a doubt that Fenn has not mislead, misdirected, nor has he been unfair. I say this with 20/20 hindsight and because I have the benefit of being at the blaze portion of the riddle (been there for a very long time).

Before you attack me, realize that this entire block is tagged as "IMO", and you have the choice to ignore this post.
[/IMO]

Cheers!

Milan

So when are you going to get it? Lol, this is a broken record of many and I am only two years in.

Kpro

09-10-2017, 02:18 PM,
Good Sunday morning to all! I pray all our friends in FL are weathering the storm safely today! Been doing some serious considering on the D. Preston foreward and realized something...

It isn't the 'car'!...It isn't the 'university'!...It isn't the 'museum'!...It's "WHERE" it would be found!...It's the 'final' clue to the 'huge' location which one determines by the 1st two clues...Think of it as a 10th and 'final' clue which would ONLY have become evident upon his carrying out his original plan...

There is only one common element in all...It's "WHERE" it would be found!...It's the 'parking lot'!...

There is a 'parking lot' at the site(where his car would be found) which is "below the home of Brown" and now you start walking!...Just gotta figure out the direction "from there" that is "no place for the meek" and leads to "the end" which "is ever drawing nigh"!...

Clues are in order, contiguous...He did say later clues were easier...KISS...

Go ahead and laugh if you think this is too simple an idea...But just because FF used the term "the home of Brown", he never inferred anyone or anything ever actually lived there...

I think of it more as an 'eternal' home, someplace special and dear to him...After all he would 'inter' himself with the chest somewhere near, and he didn't need to walk all that far apparently since he made the trip twice from his car in one afternoon...And MOST of the places the clues refer to did exist when he was a kid, but NOT ALL of them...

Maybe the 'parking lot' is a later addition that didn't exist at this site when he was a kid?...It could be that not too many years ago one would need to walk an existing trail some distance to even get to the area...That maybe even roads to access the place are a more recent addition...

Things to think about my friends...But only after you nail down the first clue and can get as close as the little child from anywhere...Until then, just keep the deck handy...See ya's!
09-10-2017, 02:30 PM,
(09-10-2017, 11:34 AM)Kpro Wrote: I find it clear now that Ff is intentionally creating as much noise and misdirection as possible to prevent the TC from being found. IMO.

Kpro

Agreed! Search safe

~SC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Desert Conundrum OjoDude 2 362 09-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: resa
  Clues in the TTOTC Conundrum OjoDude 3 302 09-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  The Riddle conundrum OjoDude 31 1,662 09-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Last Post: trigace
  First Clue Conundrum OjoDude 23 1,097 08-30-2017, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Bryan Pergola
  To find Fenn's Treasure You must find his Totem Canyon First! ItsAllMine 22 4,003 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow