Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final clue
09-13-2017, 01:01 PM,
Final clue
I've been absent lately so if this has been asked already I apologize. Why would there need to be a final clue? If the chest had been found, why go to the Denver Museum parking lot afterwards? This part of the forward is strange. Could ff possibly know that someone is close, the actual date they'll have the chest, and be telling them to then go to the parking lot of the Denver museum to meet him?

The chest is obviously not in the parking lot so what is the point of the parking lot?

And if there are movie rights on the horizon then he wants it found. He'd want to see the final product so he could put his stamp on it. Is he speaking directly to someone in the forward of his new book? Otherwise....why release it early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-13-2017, 01:44 PM,
RE: Final clue
What seems that searchers are not thinking about here is if this "final clue" of Preston's is so relevant why not use it for himself at the optimum time? This challenge was made to the world that doesn't exclude Preston, unless there has been some unknown deal struck between Fenn and Preston, but that seems unlikely since Preston denied to write the original memoir.

So where does this leave us? That this is a clue from one of the more original plans of Forrest from the 90's, a plan and clue that has become obsolete from the chase we know today. We are not seeing all the other aspects or variables of this earlier plan, one would need to know those to truly understand this "final clue".

Obviously this old plan or scenario was approved upon with the current chase, and because of the abundant amount of info from Fenn in after poem comments and questions this chase that we know today probably won't last 900 years.

down with the evil twin

09-13-2017, 02:04 PM,
(09-13-2017, 01:01 PM)Copper Wrote: I've been absent lately so if this has been asked already I apologize. Why would there need to be a final clue? If the chest had been found, why go to the Denver Museum parking lot afterwards? This part of the forward is strange. Could ff possibly know that someone is close, the actual date they'll have the chest, and be telling them to then go to the parking lot of the Denver museum to meet him?

The chest is obviously not in the parking lot so what is the point of the parking lot?

This was the plan BEFORE he got well. He planned to hide the chest, then drop his car off at the museum, and then find a way to get to the chest without leaving a trail. He got better and ruined that plan.
-= 12 inch club =-
09-13-2017, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 02:15 PM by RahRah.)
(09-13-2017, 02:04 PM)SimonSays Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 01:01 PM)Copper Wrote: I've been absent lately so if this has been asked already I apologize. Why would there need to be a final clue? If the chest had been found, why go to the Denver Museum parking lot afterwards? This part of the forward is strange. Could ff possibly know that someone is close, the actual date they'll have the chest, and be telling them to then go to the parking lot of the Denver museum to meet him?

This was the plan BEFORE he got well. He planned to hide the chest, then drop his car off at the museum, and then find a way to get to the chest without leaving a trail. He got better and ruined that plan.

Yes, this is, we're told, what the plan was for the final clue. That original plan changed, but the final clue is the same. The clue in the forward acts as confirmation of the final clue in the poem.
09-13-2017, 02:37 PM,
Only someone who has solved 9 clues understands Forrest's comments

Fact

Too many people think literally, without understanding the meaning

There's an imagination deficit in the chase for sure

Just an observation
09-13-2017, 02:45 PM,
I was gonna use the word "conf**mation" but the last time I did I think I got about an 85 on the laffoutloud-o-meter. But why else would he allow Doug Preston to write this and not ask him to edit the content just a bit.

Also he said this, "Doug Preston wrote a lengthy foreword that beautifully sets the tone for what is to come."

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...-new-book/

Just one opinion...
It's all hidden within the book..
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
09-13-2017, 02:51 PM,
How do you know that Doug Preston actually wrote any of it? How do we know that Forrest did not write it and get Preston to go along?
09-13-2017, 02:56 PM,
Final clue
(09-13-2017, 02:51 PM)The_Spoiler Wrote: How do you know that Doug Preston actually wrote any of it? How do we know that Forrest did not write it and get Preston to go along?

The book can be ordered now right? So Forrest is assuming it'll be widely distributed before the chest is found? If it had been found this spring would that have changed the release date? Too many questions. I'm not buying the book.Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-13-2017, 03:02 PM,
(09-13-2017, 02:37 PM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: Only someone who has solved 9 clues understands Forrest's comments

Fact

Too many people think literally, without understanding the meaning

There's an imagination deficit in the chase for sure

Just an observation

Yes. People think way too literally. I suppose I will go this evening before it gets dark and check to see if the treasure is still there, like I do every day.

An Indian Scout and A Saint.
http://titletothegold.com/home/

09-13-2017, 03:06 PM,
Copper...Count...The questions you raise and the points made are all valid here in my estimation...I do not believe Preston's foreword has any bearing on the present chase as we know it today...

It is a WOULDA, COULDA, SHOULDA type situation...

ORIGINALLY, according to Preston, Forrest had an incomplete plan for carrying out the logistics of hiding his treasure solely ALONE without leaving a trail of crumbs to follow...

Had Forrest followed through with his original intentions of taking the chest and interring himself somewhere he had secretly chosen, the ONLY and 'FINAL' crumb to be dealt with WOULD HAVE BEEN where his car 'would be found'...This place could have been considered a 'FINAL' clue to the location had the plan been followed...

The single common element to any of the commented upon locations by Preston or Docoupil for this 'crumb' is 'IN A PARKING LOT'...It doesn't matter where to any searcher today...It never happened...

We can only assume that if Forrest's ORIGINAL plan had been followed, he most likely would have acted totally alone and would have left his car someplace to proceed to his interment site unobserved, probably on foot...Wherever that place might have been, a parking lot, a pulloff point on a road, or the end of a two track dirt trail, the car would have eventually been found and towed away...For anyone knowing this place, it could've been viewed as a 'FINAL' clue or hint to Forrest's hiding spot...

As the chase stands today Forrest has said he made two trips from his car to the hiding place in one afternoon...He obviously 'parked' somewhere to do this...

The only info that I personally might infer having any useful intel is...There could be 'a parking lot' at/near the location where Forrest hid his chest...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The final clue ! McFly 2 581 09-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: McFly
  What do you think is the final clue? GoneAlone 21 4,315 02-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Phantom Within
  Final trip mrmagicarovrumrebel 23 5,639 10-28-2016, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Puzzle X
  Will the chest location be Fenn's final resting place? The Count 2 1,220 03-27-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: The Count
  final solve confirmed BiggaB 14 3,611 02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: HarryFool