Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did he change the name?
09-13-2017, 11:51 PM,
Why did he change the name?
First it was called "ONCE IN A WHILE I DO SOMETHING RIGHT"
Then it was “Once Upon a While”
hmmmmmm
it seems odd that the two phrases share "once" and "while" and "a" if you want to be technical.... what could be so important about "once" and "while"??? Like what message, emotion, principal, or idea does it convey??
"Once Upon a" (fill in the blank) "time" comes to mind... "while" could be synonymous with "time". Some feel "time" is a valid theme in the poem.
Was this name change meant to add emphasis on the word time? Perhaps the word "Once"?
The definition of "while" seems to point to time as if Fenn wants our attention toward it.... why "time"?
While seems to be an undefined amount, kinda like Fenn description of "several" or "less than a few"
Once seems like a reminder of the first line of the poem. "As 1 have gONE alONE"...
Anyone get some kinda vibe from this title? What do you think it means?
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-14-2017, 12:44 AM,
RE: Why did he change the name?
Seems he's drawing our attention to it or making some kind of statement, but I may have to let this one bake for a while. Nothing specific has hit me yet except for it sounding past tense now, or maybe more removed, distant.
09-14-2017, 01:25 AM,
ONC is a military navigational chart program? Whil can be excessive anger or depression (or even saying "will")... ONC up on a whil... Hummm I am with umbra.
just saying ss
09-14-2017, 02:16 AM,
dec i really agree with your time sentiment. He has interesting almost artistic ways of placing emphasis. He's a wordsmith and had a wordsmith write the foreword.
09-14-2017, 06:19 AM,
Every day for the last few years I’ve told myself to retire, and I always do – for a few days. But just last night I finished the 39th story in my 3rd memoir. I selected what I think are my best Scrapbooks, rewrote them, added lots of new graphics, stick figures, and new/old photos. It is pretty much designed and will be printed next week hopefully.
Doug Preston wrote a lengthy foreword that beautifully sets the tone for what is to come. He and I will launch the book at Collected Works bookstore on 2 October (November). After that maybe I will retire for sure, but I secretly hope not. f
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few years - short time
few days - short time
just last night - short time
3rd - short time
next week - short time
what is to come - short time

once - not much, brevity, short

once upon a while - ever so often

short time
09-14-2017, 08:06 AM,
(09-14-2017, 02:05 AM)NTMI Wrote: Decall, it may be that he is using trickery by using the word 'while'. The word 'while', when used with 'away', usually is mistakenly written as 'wile away'. But the words have different meanings. When you use the word 'wile', and then add the second part of the title, 'I do something right', it should make more sense. That said, however,

"wile is mainly a noun—meaning (1) trickery, cunning; (2) a disarming or seductive manner; (3) or a trick intended to deceive—and it’s occasionally used as a verb meaning to influence by wile. None of these definitions has anything to do with idly passing time, so wile away doesn’t make logical sense. Again, however, it is now a conventionalized misspelling, and only the most persnickety readers will think it wrong." -www.grammarist.com

Wait, was I just labelled persnickety?

exactly, "while" must be of importance...
(once upon a trickery, clever idea)
btw, that was generous and nice of you to send me the brochure (new book) by mail...
Thanks NTMI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-14-2017, 08:15 AM,
'Once upon a time' is the beginning of every bedtime story or book ever told or read to any child in the English speaking world. Okay not every last one, but most. By using 'while' he's drawing your attention to why he didn't use Time. You know, like halt and walk in the Poem...
It's all hidden within the book..
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Banco

(Still not Forrest Fenn)
09-14-2017, 08:22 AM,
(09-14-2017, 06:19 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Every day for the last few years I’ve told myself to retire, and I always do – for a few days. But just last night I finished the 39th story in my 3rd memoir. I selected what I think are my best Scrapbooks, rewrote them, added lots of new graphics, stick figures, and new/old photos. It is pretty much designed and will be printed next week hopefully.
Doug Preston wrote a lengthy foreword that beautifully sets the tone for what is to come. He and I will launch the book at Collected Works bookstore on 2 October (November). After that maybe I will retire for sure, but I secretly hope not. f
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few years - short time
few days - short time
just last night - short time
3rd - short time
next week - short time
what is to come - short time

once - not much, brevity, short

once upon a while - ever so often

short time

RT,
I haven't seen you say anything about the 24 lines relative to hours in the day...

imo that is a mechanism that could be applied to almost any solve. It makes me wonder how would I USE this "short time", "less than a few", "several", "once" etc.
I might even entertain the idea of cockpit gauges, the compass, altimeter, etc. all being relevant to Fenn, all circle dot, symbolic of Fenn's journey.
We'll see what comes from this new book... sure to be some hints
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-16-2017, 04:01 AM,
(09-14-2017, 08:22 AM)decall Wrote: RT,
I haven't seen you say anything about the 24 lines relative to hours in the day...

imo that is a mechanism that could be applied to almost any solve. It makes me wonder how would I USE this "short time", "less than a few", "several", "once" etc.
I might even entertain the idea of cockpit gauges, the compass, altimeter, etc. all being relevant to Fenn, all circle dot, symbolic of Fenn's journey.
We'll see what comes from this new book... sure to be some hints

24 lines and hours, time spent... pretty insightful stuff there DeCall! I like it.

Being a cancer survivor myself I have had time to think about how to spend what I thought was limited time. It's funny how it's limited for all of us, all the time, from birth, and yet we never really consider it until something like that word comes from a doctor's mouth to our ears.
09-16-2017, 04:14 AM,
I do something right

Who was it that missed put to the left on the 10th again?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  was this the red light that sloane was suppose to be waiting on to change pidmt 10 1,359 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Last Post: pidmt
  The game may change says Fenn decall 69 13,956 06-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  things change rgdyman 23 5,255 08-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  SB148 The Winds of Change decall 143 30,452 01-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Larsonist
  Did something change? John Brown 57 6,889 07-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Last Post: deb
  Climate Change in YNP benu 3 710 06-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus