Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science for God's sake
10-01-2017, 12:30 AM,
Science for God's sake
So, old drum said to take the discussion to the therapy room.

Well first I believe in God. Not trying to change your minds, but when I go for a search in the outdoors in nature , I study how beautiful and complex each organism is.

Below is my science belief.

My son had a teacher at College that had a Rock on his desk. He stated to the class one day, "You see this Rock... A billion years from now, you know what..it's still going to be a Rock".

Now let's look at the evolutionist soup.

The Primordial Soup Theory suggest that 3.8 billion to 3.55 billion years ago life began in a pond or ocean as a result of the combination of chemicals from the atmosphere and some form of energy to make amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, which would then evolve into the first species on Earth.Apr 4, 2013

I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but I see two problems with the first little small organism.
He has to
1.Survive
And
2.Divide

In pretty short order.

Wonder how many billions of years the Primordial Soup had to cook for the second organism to get his chance of surviving.

I love science.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
10-01-2017, 08:25 AM,
Science for God's sake
The issue is not that you believe in God, the issue is that you believe in creationism. It's possible to believe in God and science and not feel like a hypocrite, and many scientists are also religious.

The great thing about America, in theory anyway, is that we can have this conversation.
10-01-2017, 08:39 AM,
RE: Science for God's sake
Nothing wrong with creationism. Science once believed the earth was flat too, among other scientific "facts" until they weren't. And when science can't explain something, it's a theory sold as fact like manmade global warming. And like most science, at some point it is debunked or never proven but taken as truth by the feeble minded. So far, nobody in all of human history has been abke to debunk God or creationism.
10-01-2017, 09:05 AM,
Science for God's sake
It's my belief that believing in human tales without weighing in other data is simply a method for removing yourself from accountability to the rest of us. It's certainly anyone's prerogative to do so, but religion and science are not apples and apples. I don't hear scientists denouncing religion, but I do hear creationists denouncing science. Please don't preach science to me, and I won't preach religion to you.
10-01-2017, 09:36 AM,
(10-01-2017, 09:05 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: It's my belief that believing in human tales without weighing in other data is simply a method for removing yourself from accountability to the rest of us. It's certainly anyone's prerogative to do so, but religion and science are not apples and apples. I don't hear scientists denouncing religion, but I do hear creationists denouncing science. Please don't preach science to me, and I won't preach religion to you.
You must not read very much, I hear very notable scientists denounce religion regularly. Here are 3 instances from 2 very notable scientists in recent years.

https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawkin...is-no-god/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...existence/

http://www.businessinsider.com/neil-degr...on-2015-11
10-01-2017, 02:28 PM,
Science for God's sake
Clearly, I don't read enough. Tyson's a brilliant guy and yet he still doesn't denounce religion.

Quote:"You can say 'I'm cool with science,' provided you allow science the berth to discover whatever it can about the universe no matter what you say it should be discovering based on scripture," Tyson said. "If that's the case, then there's no conflict."

Thanks for finding those.
10-01-2017, 04:15 PM,
Science for God's sake
Thanks CF and OJo.. I greatly appreciate y'all views.
Here is a quick poem that is just my view of life.

Time

When the "end is ever drawing nigh"
And the "never time is near",
Then "Time in bottle" has gone swiftly by
And nothing but time will ever be so dear.

So, time for some will end so soon
For hope has no meaning ever.
So, time for others will ever loom,
And hope will be forever.

10-01-2017, 04:28 PM,
(10-01-2017, 04:15 PM)wishiIwasRich Wrote: Thanks CF and OJo.. I greatly appreciate y'all views.
Here is a quick poem that is just my view of life.

Time

When the "end is ever drawing nigh"
And the "never time is near",
Then "Time in bottle" has gone swiftly by
And nothing but time will ever be so dear.

So, time for some will end so soon
For hope has no meaning ever.
So, time for others will ever loom,
And hope will be forever.

Nice!
10-01-2017, 09:02 PM,
(10-01-2017, 02:28 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Clearly, I don't read enough. Tyson's a brilliant guy and yet he still doesn't denounce religion.

Quote:"You can say 'I'm cool with science,' provided you allow science the berth to discover whatever it can about the universe no matter what you say it should be discovering based on scripture," Tyson said. "If that's the case, then there's no conflict."

Thanks for finding those.
I had hoped you would look further. We must have a different understanding of denounce-

“God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on.”- Neil de grasse Tyson
10-01-2017, 11:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2017, 11:32 PM by crazyfamily.)
Science for God's sake
Sorry, busy day. Context is very important, and while I don't read much, I love videos and can google with the best of the B grade class.

https://youtu.be/HooeZrC76s0

I stand by my assertion that I don't hear scientists denouncing God, but there is an overwhelming number of clergy, and followers, and presidents, and politicians, and oil CEO's, and school administrators, and presidents denouncing science.

This sums up my perception of the issue:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/23/us/sci...ience.html

I'd like to add that there is no good reason for people guided by religious faith to be anti-science. The indication, to me, is there is an alternative agenda at play. For people like, businessmen....the president and others like him, the agenda is money. Climate change, environmental impact etc. is a drag on profits. Simple. There's no good reason for people guided by religious faith to be anti-science.