Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science for God's sake
10-03-2017, 01:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 01:40 PM by crazyfamily.)
Science for God's sake
(10-03-2017, 08:36 AM)OjoDude Wrote: My agenda should be showing, I've not tried to hide it. Truth should be everyone's agenda.

The dinosaurs died, but the earth survived an extinction level event. The earth will survive humans. "Climate change" has nothing to do with saving the planet. It has to do with control.

The religion of leftism does close minds to other possibilities. This is true.
I don't believe there is an effort to save the earth, I believe there is an effort to save the humans. Apparently science deniers just don't get it.

There is much irony in your labeling of my desire to promote the freedoms that we enjoy as some sort of control. I may be naive, but the only control we need to get is a self awareness of our hypocrisy. There's bigger irony in the thought that saving the humans from themselves is some kind of liberal agenda, doesn't that sound funny to you? Oh, I don't mean haha funny, I mean ignorant funny. It should be everyone's agenda, but religion let's you off the hook.

I have no delusions that the earth will out live us, but we are gleefully selling the future of human existence for short term gains. Why even bother with science if you're unconcerned with the results? Why care about anything? I can see where you're coming from, but I live here too, and I'm not okay with it.
10-03-2017, 07:06 PM,
RE: Science for God's sake
(10-03-2017, 01:07 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 08:36 AM)OjoDude Wrote: My agenda should be showing, I've not tried to hide it. Truth should be everyone's agenda.

The dinosaurs died, but the earth survived an extinction level event. The earth will survive humans. "Climate change" has nothing to do with saving the planet. It has to do with control.

The religion of leftism does close minds to other possibilities. This is true.
I don't believe there is an effort to save the earth, I believe there is an effort to save the humans. Apparently science deniers just don't get it.

There is much irony in your labeling of my desire to promote the freedoms that we enjoy as some sort of control. I may be naive, but the only control we need to get is a self awareness of our hypocrisy. There's bigger irony in the thought that saving the humans from themselves is some kind of liberal agenda, doesn't that sound funny to you? Oh, I don't mean haha funny, I mean ignorant funny. It should be everyone's agenda, but religion let's you off the hook.

I have no delusions that the earth will out live us, but we are gleefully selling the future of human existence for short term gains. Why even bother with science if you're unconcerned with the results? Why care about anything? I can see where you're coming from, but I live here too, and I'm not okay with it.

The truth deniers are not using science, but propaganda. Scientists don't manipulate their data. Frauds do. Anyone wanting to save humans would outlaw abortion. That is the true irony here, especially while speaking of freedom to take anothers life or saving humans from themselves. That definitely sounds ignorant funny and hypocritical funny to me.

As much as you think what you care about is what others should, many do not and never will. And I seriously doubt you will see what you want in your lifetime. If you are not ok with that, there must be a country somewhere on this planet to your liking. Europe, perhaps?

There is little reason to discuss further. Your mind is made up, and we will never agree.
10-03-2017, 08:11 PM,
Science for God's sake
(10-03-2017, 07:06 PM)OjoDude Wrote: The truth deniers are not using science, but propaganda. Scientists don't manipulate their data. Frauds do. Anyone wanting to save humans would outlaw abortion. That is the true irony here, especially while speaking of freedom to take anothers life or saving humans from themselves. That definitely sounds ignorant funny and hypocritical funny to me.

As much as you think what you care about is what others should, many do not and never will. And I seriously doubt you will see what you want in your lifetime. If you are not ok with that, there must be a country somewhere on this planet to your liking. Europe, perhaps?

There is little reason to discuss further. Your mind is made up, and we will never agree.

So now Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a fraud? The issue is not a shortage of people it's overpopulation, though I said nothing about abortion.

You're right that my mind is made up, and conversations like this one justify my thoughts about America. Half of this country values money over people. Half of this country doesn't want peace, they want war, oppression of citizens and world dominance. It took me far too long to understand this.
10-03-2017, 08:54 PM,
(10-03-2017, 08:11 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 07:06 PM)OjoDude Wrote: The truth deniers are not using science, but propaganda. Scientists don't manipulate their data. Frauds do. Anyone wanting to save humans would outlaw abortion. That is the true irony here, especially while speaking of freedom to take anothers life or saving humans from themselves. That definitely sounds ignorant funny and hypocritical funny to me.

So now Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a fraud? The issue is not a shortage of people it's overpopulation, though I said nothing about abortion.

You're right that my mind is made up, and conversations like this one justify my thoughts about America. Half of this country values money over people. Half of this country doesn't want peace, they want war, oppression of citizens and world dominance. It took me far too long to understand this.

When it comes to his position on climate change, yes. His position is an ideological one, not one based on scientific method, evidence or proof.

Conversations like this one justify my thoughts of leftists. Most leftists value control over freedom. Oppression under the guise of knowing better for you than you know for yourself, and by any means necessary. It took me no time at all to understand this, history is a valuable teacher. All one must do is pay attention, and ignore most mainstream media outlets.
10-03-2017, 11:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 11:08 PM by timebandit.)
(10-02-2017, 06:44 AM)old drum Wrote: I've wondered how the ancient Israelites came up with a creation story (Genesis) that approximates scientific thinking on the Big Bang, etc.

Yeah, OD...When you really think about it the Creation story and evolution, from the first light or big bang to mankind or homo sapiens, both agree nearly 100% in the process by which each occurred.

The only real difference in belief of either is in the time scale with which this process took place.

The entire argument rests in the perception of time.

Since time is relative however, the argument is for argument's sake...A feeble attempt to justify purpose and existence.

Life is really as smoke.......