Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
relocating to santa fe
10-04-2017, 09:18 AM,
relocating to santa fe
I'm originally from NY and two years ago moved to south west Florida, but since hurricane Irma I have been tossing around the idea of relocating to Santa Fe. Anyone from the area on the board? Can you tell me what the area is like? Are job prospects good? Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.
10-04-2017, 09:41 AM,
RE: relocating to santa fe
I'm from the Midwest and only been through Santa Fe a handful of times while on my way to my different search locations, but have really enjoyed the weather there. My wife has never been, but I think I've got her convinced to relocate.
(Don't tell anyone about the temperature and humidity, I think they try to keep it secret...)
It's all hidden within the book...
letter x letter...word x word...sentence x sentence...paragraph x paragraph...page x page
Flexible
10-04-2017, 10:06 AM,
(10-04-2017, 09:41 AM)whatiff Wrote: I'm from the Midwest and only been through Santa Fe a handful of times while on my way to my different search locations, but have really enjoyed the weather there. My wife has never been, but I think I've got her convinced to relocate.
(Don't tell anyone about the temperature and humidity, I think they try to keep it secret...)

South florida summers are warm and humid for sure!
10-04-2017, 11:04 AM,
I was born and raised in Santa Fe, and now live 60 miles away in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is a relatively small city whose primary industries are tourism and State Government. The weather is pleasant, with mild summers and winters. There is lots of wealth in Santa Fe, mostly due to retirees moving there. Because of State Government and Tourism, there is a strong middle class. Like the rest of most of New Mexico, it's a Progressive community. If you're coming from a conservative community, you'll experience a bit of culture shock. It has one of the largest art communities in the United States, with dozens of galleries to support them. There's an old saying, "Move to Santa Fe when you can afford to move to Santa Fe."

Toby Michael Younis

http://www.tyounis.com
https://www.agypsyskiss.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/agypsyskiss
10-04-2017, 02:05 PM,
(10-04-2017, 11:04 AM)tyounis Wrote: I was born and raised in Santa Fe, and now live 60 miles away in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is a relatively small city whose primary industries are tourism and State Government. The weather is pleasant, with mild summers and winters. There is lots of wealth in Santa Fe, mostly due to retirees moving there. Because of State Government and Tourism, there is a strong middle class. Like the rest of most of New Mexico, it's a Progressive community. If you're coming from a conservative community, you'll experience a bit of culture shock. It has one of the largest art communities in the United States, with dozens of galleries to support them. There's an old saying, "Move to Santa Fe when you can afford to move to Santa Fe."

Thank you Mr Y
I have watched all of your vids and must say they are very well executed. My family and I are considering Albuquerque as well I don't want to pigeon hole myself into one place. We aren't conservative and are pretty open minded to other cultures and beliefs. Florida is just to new we love history and really miss that aspect where we are now. and the hurricane was a nightmare so we decided to toss the dart again and see where we might go next! I followed your twitter and look forward to more vids!
10-04-2017, 02:12 PM,
(10-04-2017, 02:05 PM)zombiecupkake Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 11:04 AM)tyounis Wrote: I was born and raised in Santa Fe, and now live 60 miles away in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is a relatively small city whose primary industries are tourism and State Government. The weather is pleasant, with mild summers and winters. There is lots of wealth in Santa Fe, mostly due to retirees moving there. Because of State Government and Tourism, there is a strong middle class. Like the rest of most of New Mexico, it's a Progressive community. If you're coming from a conservative community, you'll experience a bit of culture shock. It has one of the largest art communities in the United States, with dozens of galleries to support them. There's an old saying, "Move to Santa Fe when you can afford to move to Santa Fe."

Thank you Mr Y
I have watched all of your vids and must say they are very well executed. My family and I are considering Albuquerque as well I don't want to pigeon hole myself into one place. We aren't conservative and are pretty open minded to other cultures and beliefs. Florida is just to new we love history and really miss that aspect where we are now. and the hurricane was a nightmare so we decided to toss the dart again and see where we might go next! I followed your twitter and look forward to more vids!

ABQ is not very safe,take a look at rio rancho
10-04-2017, 02:32 PM,
not safe compared to what? I have lived in midtown Manhattan and took the train at 2am. what qualifies safe? where are we ever safe? the world is to cray cray to limit yourself from experiencing places and adventures for fear of being unsafe. prepare and be diligent and then go for it! NO fear!
10-04-2017, 02:40 PM,
(10-04-2017, 02:32 PM)zombiecupkake Wrote: not safe compared to what? I have lived in midtown Manhattan and took the train at 2am. what qualifies safe? where are we ever safe? the world is to cray cray to limit yourself from experiencing places and adventures for fear of being unsafe. prepare and be diligent and then go for it! NO fear!

gangs are big time there ,but im like you i dont live in fear,just thought you might want to know,traffic is bad there also,but so is manhattan,if your prepared you will fit in fine
10-04-2017, 03:18 PM,
You're welcome. Thank you for watching our videos. We appreciate it.

Having lived in both New Mexico and Colorado (amongst many other places), if the reasons for moving West are the treasure and/or the outdoors, I would choose Colorado over New Mexico. Colorado offers a wider variety of outdoor options, and more surface area on which to take advantage of them. Also, if Fenn's treasure is on your "criteria list," Colorado is better placed to take advantage of solutions in Wyoming and Montana. And, Northern New Mexico is an easy drive from most of Colorado.

Toby Michael Younis

http://www.tyounis.com
https://www.agypsyskiss.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/agypsyskiss
10-04-2017, 03:47 PM,
If we weren't tied to the land here in MO, I'd move SW. We'd traveled all over NM for years before hearing of the Chase, but it has led us into some new areas. Whether NM, AZ, CO or UT would depend on the tax situation, weather, cost of living and proximity to a military installation. Make your criteria & use them to decide.

P.S. - Probably should be in therapy room, maybe I'll move it tomorrow