Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Newbies to the Chase, please read
10-05-2017, 08:56 PM,
RE: Newbies to the Chase, please read
(10-05-2017, 08:26 PM)OjoDude Wrote: I realize it must be hard to accept. You don't even have the first clue solved, let alone more than one. If it weren't for Fenn, everyone would still be guessing if the first clue was in the second stanza or the first.

Nope. Been knowing the first clue since 2013, 2nd too... Hasn't done me a bit of good yet.
10-05-2017, 08:57 PM,
(10-05-2017, 08:26 PM)OjoDude Wrote: I realize it must be hard to accept. You don't even have the first clue solved, let alone more than one. If it weren't for Fenn, everyone would still be guessing if the first clue was in the second stanza or the first.

Sorry, dear, but you're the one in denial. I know where WWWH, HoB, no place for the meek, etc. And I know very well what he meant by "if you are wise". Apparently, wisdom never visited any of your solutions.
10-05-2017, 09:07 PM,
(10-05-2017, 08:57 PM)brubr Wrote:

Sorry, dear, but you're the one in denial. I know where WWWH, HoB, no place for the meek, etc. And I know very well what he meant by "if you are wise". Apparently, wisdom never visited any of your solutions.
Thanks for that laugh. Apparently wisdom has never visited yours either. You have all those answers, and no chest. Sorry dear, better luck next time.
10-05-2017, 09:11 PM,
(10-05-2017, 09:07 PM)OjoDude Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:57 PM)brubr Wrote:

Thanks for that laugh. Apparently wisdom has never visited yours either. You have all those answers, and no chest. Sorry dear, better luck next time.

No chest...YET.
10-05-2017, 10:05 PM,
The fennatics are equally miserable when their bubble is burst to the facts.

Look around sometime, you may realize you're looking in the mirror when you're thinking someone else's ideas or solves are fruitless. They are looking right back at you thinking the same. Both of you are right!

If delusion loves company, you have plenty of support. That's typical of cult mentality.
10-05-2017, 10:12 PM,
This thread has exposed a great deal of hypocrisy and whole cloth.

While it is necessarily true that no one knows what any other person has, unless it is shared privately and completely, there is no person at all that can prove to have solved one single clue. That is patently obvious and truthful.

A person can believe that they have wwwh, Brown, the blaze, any clue at all, and what you have is extremely important and valuable to you and your solve, as the same is to mine. What's yours is yours and mine is mine.

I am intelligent enough and confident enough to know that I have it all solved, with a vast amount of interconnected support and many items that I've never read elsewhere. So I've got it. Right. But deep down I know I cannot prove to have solved one single clue, and Forrest knows this as well. He said it outright himself, that you don't know if you have wwwh solved if you don't have the chest.

There is an essential difference between claim and prove.

So, many among us need to get a grip. Sure, you can go ahead and claim that you have any number of clues solved, or all of them, or even say that you've been to the chest but some mysterious power of the universe prevented you from picking it up. But deep down, the undeniable truth is that you scientifically, truthfully, logically, and common sensically have nothing that you can prove. Sorry about that.

Maybe it can be understood this way: One, or even more than one, of us may in fact have the complete and correct solution, like I do. But you actually have nothing more proven than someone who has all the clues wrong and sincerely believes it's all correct!! The cat is alive and dead at the same time.

Perhaps God or the universe is aware of who has it right, but mere mortals need the chest in hand to claim a damn thing as a fact.

Why do we still need to talk about this at this stage of the game? And please, we do not need to police people saying IMO all the time.

But enough of this rubbish, I'll just go with the wisdom of TrapperJ here:

"Even if we are all full of it, this is the place to come and talk about how full of it we are."

Yeah, it's okay to feel young and foolish and full of it, which we all are, but in a good way. There can be great thinking here from many.

Would it make sense for me to state exactly what comprises the terrain of the second and third stanzas? The Begin, the between, and the End?

I've got it all done down to the foot, but I am sane enough to know that anyone who says I've got nothing proven is, alas, 100% correct...

There are many people who are deeply experienced with the poem and the chase, and I believe that I am one of them, but there can be no experts here. Not yet.

So my advice to newbies is: read the poem and may your mind be fireworks.

Halogetter
10-05-2017, 10:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 04:04 AM by dejoka.)
(10-05-2017, 10:12 PM)Halogetter Wrote: This thread has exposed a great deal of hypocrisy and whole cloth.

While it is necessarily true that no one knows what any other person has, unless it is shared privately and completely, there is no person at all that can prove to have solved one single clue. That is patently obvious and truthful.

A person can believe that they have wwwh, Brown, the blaze, any clue at all, and what you have is extremely important and valuable to you and your solve, as the same is to mine. What's yours is yours and mine is mine.

I am intelligent enough and confident enough to know that I have it all solved, with a vast amount of interconnected support and many items that I've never read elsewhere. So I've got it. Right. But deep down I know I cannot prove to have solved one single clue, and Forrest knows this as well. He said it outright himself, that you don't know if you have wwwh solved if you don't have the chest.

There is an essential difference between claim and prove.

So, many among us need to get a grip. Sure, you can go ahead and claim that you have any number of clues solved, or all of them, or even say that you've been to the chest but some mysterious power of the universe prevented you from picking it up. But deep down, the undeniable truth is that you scientifically, truthfully, logically, and common sensically have nothing that you can prove. Sorry about that.

Maybe it can be understood this way: One, or even more than one, of us may in fact have the complete and correct solution, like I do. But you actually have nothing more proven than someone who has all the clues wrong and sincerely believes it's all correct!! The cat is alive and dead at the same time.

Perhaps God or the universe is aware of who has it right, but mere mortals need the chest in hand to claim a damn thing as a fact.

Why do we still need to talk about this at this stage of the game? And please, we do not need to police people saying IMO all the time.

But enough of this rubbish, I'll just go with the wisdom of TrapperJ here:

"Even if we are all full of it, this is the place to come and talk about how full of it we are."

Yeah, it's okay to feel young and foolish and full of it, which we all are, but in a good way. There can be great thinking here from many.

Would it make sense for me to state exactly what comprises the terrain of the second and third stanzas? The Begin, the between, and the End?

I've got it all done down to the foot, but I am sane enough to know that anyone who says I've got nothing proven is, alas, 100% correct...

There are many people who are deeply experienced with the poem and the chase, and I believe that I am one of them, but there can be no experts here. Not yet.

So my advice to newbies is: read the poem and may your mind be fireworks.

Halogetter

Halo,

I'm sure Newbies would like to know how you explained away f's Canasta quote.

"The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta." f
10-05-2017, 10:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 10:50 PM by RahRah.)
(10-05-2017, 10:26 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Halo,

What would be your definition of 'nailed down' ?

Not Halo, but mine is "brass tacks" (aka brass tin-tacks)...have fun with it Smile
10-05-2017, 11:27 PM,
Well put Halo. You have calmed the savage beasts with eloquence.
10-06-2017, 04:10 AM,
(10-05-2017, 11:27 PM)OjoDude Wrote: Well put Halo. You have calmed the savage beasts with eloquence.

I know that some cannot reconcile their solutions with the Canasta comment so they ignore it. To accept it would deem their solutions worthless. To them ignorance is bliss. They too are done with the Chase, but just don't know it yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbies, please be advised OjoDude 15 702 10-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Kpro