Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Newbies to the Chase, please read
10-06-2017, 09:28 AM,
RE: Newbies to the Chase, please read
(10-06-2017, 08:30 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:26 PM)OjoDude Wrote: I realize it must be hard to accept. You don't even have the first clue solved, let alone more than one. If it weren't for Fenn, everyone would still be guessing if the first clue was in the second stanza or the first.

There’s been plenty of searchers that have claimed they thought the first clue was wwwh before they found out f mentioned that it was indeed the first clue. Those claims are well documented on the blogs or in searcher books. See how progress works? Progress doesn’t mean one has to have proof that one solved a clue. Progress doesn’t specify that.

(10-05-2017, 11:27 PM)OjoDude Wrote: Well put Halo. You have calmed the savage beasts with eloquence.

You said in your OP that we have to nail down the first clue so sounds like you think more progress can be made.
Just read Halo's response above.
10-06-2017, 10:19 AM,
I don't give a rat's ass?
10-06-2017, 11:05 AM,
Hoc est maxime iustus.
10-06-2017, 11:33 AM,
(10-06-2017, 09:28 AM)OjoDude Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 08:30 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 08:26 PM)OjoDude Wrote: I realize it must be hard to accept. You don't even have the first clue solved, let alone more than one. If it weren't for Fenn, everyone would still be guessing if the first clue was in the second stanza or the first.

There’s been plenty of searchers that have claimed they thought the first clue was wwwh before they found out f mentioned that it was indeed the first clue. Those claims are well documented on the blogs or in searcher books. See how progress works? Progress doesn’t mean one has to have proof that one solved a clue. Progress doesn’t specify that.

(10-05-2017, 11:27 PM)OjoDude Wrote: Well put Halo. You have calmed the savage beasts with eloquence.

You said in your OP that we have to nail down the first clue so sounds like you think more progress can be made.
Just read Halo's response above.

So you have already changed your mind that we need to nail down the first clue?

No one has been able to show evidence yet that concludes no searchers figured out that wwwh was the first clue, or the blaze for that matter, before f said they were clues. Nor has anyone shown evidence that a few searchers hadn’t figured out that there is a word that is key mechanism in the poem before f’s famous announcement of such. Of course, this means a few did figure it out before f announced it on February 4, 2014. That’s two examples of definite progress made in the Chase.
-.-..The keeper of the key
10-06-2017, 12:34 PM,
I land somewhere in the middle.

I don't think anybody has 100% confirmation until they have the tc but I do think progress is being made. Knowledge and progress with working through a solve. Understanding more of the areas, the data, the discussions.

I do think anybody who has spent time with BOTG knows they can't say they know it until they have it, but I see those who continue to say such needing something which that bragging brings them. Most days I chuckle but yes it does get irritating, but if it helps them , I guess I will continue to chuckle.

I would say though to newbies, don't give away your solves. I have had many searchers email me that they gave their solve to a vet to look at and now concerned. Don't do that! Though share tidbits that you might want to discuss. Not the exact spot, or you will be at Walmart when they are at Gucci.... or something like that.
10-06-2017, 12:57 PM,
(10-06-2017, 12:50 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 12:34 PM)Kpro Wrote: I land somewhere in the middle.

I don't think anybody has 100% confirmation until they have the tc but I do think progress is being made. Knowledge and progress with working through a solve. Understanding more of the areas, the data, the discussions.

I do think anybody who has spent time with BOTG knows they can't say they know it until they have it, but I see those who continue to say such needing something which that bragging brings them. Most days I chuckle but yes it does get irritating, but if it helps them , I guess I will continue to chuckle.

I would say though to newbies, don't give away your solves. I have had many searchers email me that they gave their solve to a vet to look at and now concerned. Don't do that! Though share tidbits that you might want to discuss. Not the exact spot, or you will be at Walmart when they are at Gucci.... or something like that.

Well said, Kpro.

No one who TRULY believes they know the correct location, will ever post all of their info on any of these sites.

Every Complete solve that's been posted, has been a FAILED solve.
Think about that.

I throw out a ton of stuff that hints at my interpretation but, I'd never be foolish enough to spill the beans on an open forum or to share my complete solve with someone I've met online.

So, anyone with common sense should be able to realize that just because it's not being shared publicly does not mean that progress has not been made.

Geezus, why would I work as hard as I have and then just give it away to the first one that can get there ?

It would take a real special breed to do something that friggin' stupid.

Thanks RT. But I will say on the last part of your post, I think some are either ready to throw in the towel, so why not put it out there? Also, it costs me too much money to go BOTG again, so I am putting more and more out there in hopes to either (1) it helps me get a breakthrough via discussion, or (2) helps someone else.

I am getting to the point that I would just like the TC found, and it would be nice to be me (really nice!) but i just want someone to find it and know the "right" solve. Hopefully that happens in my lifetime.
10-06-2017, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 01:08 PM by OjoDude.)
(10-06-2017, 11:33 AM)fundamental design Wrote: So you have already changed your mind that we need to nail down the first clue?

No one has been able to show evidence yet that concludes no searchers figured out that wwwh was the first clue, or the blaze for that matter, before f said they were clues. Nor has anyone shown evidence that a few searchers hadn’t figured out that there is a word that is key mechanism in the poem before f’s famous announcement of such. Of course, this means a few did figure it out before f announced it on February 4, 2014. That’s two examples of definite progress made in the Chase.
Not at all. I choose not to play with pigeons. You have a hard time comprehending what others write, and Ive seen your back and forth with other searchers. It just isn't worth my time explaining to you.

(10-06-2017, 12:50 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: No one who TRULY believes they know the correct location, will ever post all of their info on any of these sites.

Think about that.
Believes being the keyword. You can believe in sasquatch, doesn't make it so.

Every solve has been a FAILED solve, posted or otherwise. Yours included. Think about that.

Without the chest, you have a failed solve. The only solve that isn't failed is one that is successful. And the one that is successful yields the chest.
10-06-2017, 01:33 PM,
(10-06-2017, 01:05 PM)OjoDude Wrote: [quote='fundamental design' pid='177096' dateline='1507307588']

Not at all. I choose not to play with pigeons. You have a hard time comprehending what others write, and Ive seen your back and forth with other searchers. It just isn't worth my time explaining to you.

[quote='ROLL TIDE' pid='177105' dateline='1507312205']

The quote from Halogetter you wanted to help explain your position clearly says in it “You cannot know for certainty that you had it nailed down (referring to the first clue) in the first place, with all of the other correct clue solutions that follow, until you confirm it with hands on the chest.

I still maintain that means the opposite of what you said in your OP which was you got to get the first clue nailed down.
10-06-2017, 01:38 PM,
(10-06-2017, 01:33 PM)fundamental design Wrote: [quote='OjoDude' pid='177107' dateline='1507313113']
[quote='fundamental design' pid='177096' dateline='1507307588']

(10-06-2017, 12:50 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: The quote from Halogetter you wanted to help explain your position clearly says in it “You cannot know for certainty that you had it nailed down (referring to the first clue) in the first place, with all of the other correct clue solutions that follow, until you confirm it with hands on the chest.

I still maintain that means the opposite of what you said in your OP which was you got to get the first clue nailed down.

Meh, nailing down the later clues is more important https://imgur.com/68OhOsC

Smile
10-06-2017, 01:49 PM,
(10-06-2017, 01:43 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 01:05 PM)OjoDude Wrote:
(10-06-2017, 11:33 AM)fundamental design Wrote: So you have already changed your mind that we need to nail down the first clue?

(10-06-2017, 12:50 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: No one who TRULY believes they know the correct location, will ever post all of their info on any of these sites.

Think about that.
Believes being the keyword. You can believe in sasquatch, doesn't make it so.

Every solve has been a FAILED solve, posted or otherwise. Yours included. Think about that.

Without the chest, you have a failed solve. The only solve that isn't failed is one that is successful. And the one that is successful yields the chest.

You're so full of shit.

You know absolutely nothing whatsoever about my solve.

Without the chest, I have an incomplete solve, genius.
Unless and until someone finds the TC in a location other than mine, then I do not have a 'failed' solve.

I'm still working my solve, Einstein, therefore it isn't a Failed solve yet.

Are you here because you're interested in trying to locate the chest or are you here just to tell everyone else how stupid you think they are ?

I'm leaving this jackass thread before I call you a few things I learned out on the road somewhere.

Welcome to my ignore list.

I second that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbies, please be advised OjoDude 13 1,147 10-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Kpro