Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mexico is a beautiful state....
10-05-2017, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2017, 11:59 PM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
New Mexico is a beautiful state....
It has mountains, prairies (when irrigated), and moonscapes, flatlands, you name it, every 2 miles is a different view from the highway. But, the one thing that I noticed while driving to my location was that I was getting further away from the Ocean, and that was a weird feeling. Living within 50 miles of the Gulf, I guess in some way your body knows that it is near a big body of water, in New Mexico, it just feels different, not in a bad way, but in a dry elevated way if you're from Texas....you wont see any seagulls flying around in Roswell, just Saucers. Smile The people in NM are very friendly, just like in Texas, they're Southwesteners....we (common folk) speak the same way, we understand each other, so it was like I was still in Texas, just different license plates and no beaches. Smile I kept asking myself why I couldn't get one radio station for any longer than say 5 minutes at a time, then I looked around and saw nothing but vastness, that's why. It's the same way in Texas, once you leave your local community about 15 miles out, the radio stations you listen to just fade, then you pick up whatever is out there, but it usually lasts a little longer than 5 minutes, but by not much. San Antonio has one good Rock station, Austin (forget it, I can't figure out that town), Corpus Christi has C101 (a lot of Van Halen, LOVE IT!!), my town has an oldies station, a rock station, 2 country stations of course, and a pop station (80s,90s), then a hip hop station (I still can't figure out what they are singing about, needless to say, no hip hop in my car, it's forbidden!! LOL!!!, no kidding.)

I had a good experience there times 2, I still think that my area is the correct area, my clearing is the correct clearing...the soil around AFP was all reddish-brown, and the blaze from the old wise volcanic mountain dormant for now, may surprise all of us one day and come back to life. I guess that the lava spread it's brown color to nearby Mora County as well giving it it's name, as well as in Moreno Valley.
10-06-2017, 02:39 PM,
RE: New Mexico is a beautiful state....
I agree. While I was driving sometimes I got a little vertigo because of the landscape, but quite beautiful. And I got tired of looking for a good (or any) radio station so I shut it off.
But while beautiful to drive through and search in, I like my home state, PA.