Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should be easy!
10-07-2017, 09:53 AM,
This should be easy!
So I made a thread for Newbies, and it's no surprise some disgruntled veterans posted to let the rest of us know how much they know, and the progress they have made.

According to Fenn, if you have figured out the first clue the rest becomes progressively easier. So what are the know-it-alls waiting for? I mean, if they have anything they have the FIRST clue, don't they? The rest is easier, so why in all their apparant brilliance do they not have the rest figured out by now and the chest in hand?

Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.
10-07-2017, 09:56 AM,
RE: This should be easy!
someone seems salty.
10-07-2017, 10:02 AM,
I wonder which banned person this is a reincarnation of...
-= 12 inch club =-
10-07-2017, 10:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 10:23 AM by LuckyLove.)
(10-07-2017, 09:53 AM)OjoDude Wrote: So I made a thread for Newbies, and it's no surprise some disgruntled veterans posted to let the rest of us know how much they know, and the progress they have made.

According to Fenn, if you have figured out the first clue the rest becomes progressively easier. So what are the know-it-alls waiting for? I mean, if they have anything they have the FIRST clue, don't they? The rest is easier, so why in all their apparant brilliance do they not have the rest figured out by now and the chest in hand?

Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.

Progressively easier to what degree? If it takes someone say 12 months to figure out the first clue should they immediately figure out the second clue? Or, would it be considered that they had an easier time with the second clue if that one only took 11 months and so on and so forth? ***
10-07-2017, 10:21 AM,
Easier since they have a place to start.
10-07-2017, 10:56 AM,
(10-07-2017, 10:11 AM)LuckyLove Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 09:53 AM)OjoDude Wrote: So I made a thread for Newbies, and it's no surprise some disgruntled veterans posted to let the rest of us know how much they know, and the progress they have made.

Progressively easier to what degree? If it takes someone say 12 months to figure out the first clue should they immediately figure out the second clue? Or, would it be considered that they had an easier time with the second clue if that one only took 11 months and so on and so forth? ***
That must be why Fenn keeps reiterating to go back to the poem and start with the first clue.
10-07-2017, 11:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2017, 11:08 AM by LuckyLove.)
(10-07-2017, 10:21 AM)zombiecupkake Wrote: Easier since they have a place to start.

The problem is we don't know to what degree. The statement doesn't address that. If figuring out where point A is costs an individual 1,000 hours worth of thought then figuring out where point B is could be considered easier if the cost is 999 hours or less. The only thing I personally get from the statement is if I expend more effort figuring out or getting to later clues than I did figuring out or getting to the earlier clues then there's a good chance I need to start over.
10-07-2017, 12:10 PM,
I would repute that over thinking and dissecting is making things a lot more complicated than it needs to be and encourages rabbit holes. of course some would encourage rabbit holes so people aren't focused tightly on the importance of the poem and more on the details which are totally subjective and totally based on individual interpretation. of course that is only one persons subjective view on the matter.
10-07-2017, 12:39 PM,
(10-07-2017, 09:56 AM)zombiecupkake Wrote: someone seems salty.

He's still in the lashing out phase. It's a process that they all must go through before they leave the Chase. He'll be okay.
10-07-2017, 01:17 PM,
(10-07-2017, 12:43 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 10:02 AM)SimonSays Wrote: I wonder which banned person this is a reincarnation of...

whome?

I dont think he is you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20,000 words on one sheet of paper. Easy. tomwhat 3 765 05-25-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: The Count