Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This should be easy!
10-10-2017, 11:24 PM,
RE: This should be easy!
(10-10-2017, 11:20 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:19 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:16 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:08 PM)Copper Wrote: Or hidden in plane site! Can't help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, if I could only figure out which trip. I do not like unfortunate hiccups.

Regards,

ws

You both are cracking me up. Touché .

Kpro, I love your independence!

Regards,

ws

Beatin to my own drum. Some people love it and others HATE it. But shhhh, we dont want to wake them Smile

Have we figured out where that darned TC is yet?
10-10-2017, 11:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 12:02 AM by easternOHsteve.)
(10-10-2017, 10:29 PM)brubr Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 09:53 AM)OjoDude Wrote: So I made a thread for Newbies, and it's no surprise some disgruntled veterans posted to let the rest of us know how much they know, and the progress they have made.

According to Fenn, if you have figured out the first clue the rest becomes progressively easier. So what are the know-it-alls waiting for? I mean, if they have anything they have the FIRST clue, don't they? The rest is easier, so why in all their apparant brilliance do they not have the rest figured out by now and the chest in hand?

Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.

Well, well. Sounds like someone is getting more than a little crabby. Frustrated that you havent made any progress? Poor baby.

The first 2 clues kind of fell into my lap. Then it took 9 months to figure out the HoB. From there it WAS easy until I found the blaze on my 4th trip. Then the phrase, "look quickly down" happened. Wow. That is one intense phrase and "down" is NOT an adjective describing a direction, by the way - its a noun. There, I just saved all of you several months of work. So study that one, Ojodude, and see what you can come up with.

Agreed, down is a noun...

Just my opinion but hoB is a place and is associated with Brown Trout... just saying IMO ss
10-11-2017, 12:20 AM,
(10-10-2017, 11:59 PM)easternOHsteve Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 09:53 AM)OjoDude Wrote: So I made a thread for Newbies, and it's no surprise some disgruntled veterans posted to let the rest of us know how much they know, and the progress they have made.

According to Fenn, if you have figured out the first clue the rest becomes progressively easier. So what are the know-it-alls waiting for? I mean, if they have anything they have the FIRST clue, don't they? The rest is easier, so why in all their apparant brilliance do they not have the rest figured out by now and the chest in hand?

Quote:FENN: Yeah, I have some advice. Read the book. And then study the poem. Over and over. Read it over and over. Maybe even memorize it. And then go back and read the book again looking for hints that are in the book that are going to help you with the clues that are in the poem. That’s the best advice that I can give. You have to find out - you have to learn where the first clue is. They get progressively easier after you discover where the first clue is.

Well, well. Sounds like someone is getting more than a little crabby. Frustrated that you havent made any progress? Poor baby.

The first 2 clues kind of fell into my lap. Then it took 9 months to figure out the HoB. From there it WAS easy until I found the blaze on my 4th trip. Then the phrase, "look quickly down" happened. Wow. That is one intense phrase and "down" is NOT an adjective describing a direction, by the way - its a noun. There, I just saved all of you several months of work. So study that one, Ojodude, and see what you can come up with.

Just my opinion but hoB is a place and is associated with Brown Trout... just saying IMO ss

Yes, yes, yes! JIMO!

What is the ss about? Just curious.
10-11-2017, 12:32 AM,
(10-11-2017, 12:22 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 10:58 PM)brubr Wrote: So, if Ojo cant respond, why did (s)he post such a rude and snarky thread? (S)he wanted to know what's taking so long. I answered. The bottom line is the poem is MUCH more complex than any of us can understand at the start of the chase. I explained in a previous post how those clues "fell into my lap" and I dont feel like repeating myself. Bottom line: dont pick a fight. Period.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

brubr, it looks like your brain is a pretty capable tool. If used properly,
it may help you find real treasures and avoid fights.

Grub - if ojo cant reposed, it is because he factually cant respond due to "banned" status. Yes ,you answered, but s/he can't due the status of banned. If you are being serious about why he cant respond, i will answer he asked when he was an active member and not possible to respond due to the change of a change in that , a moderator or admin banned him - if it is a short term or permemanet ban, I do not know. But that is the reason, s/he is not ignoring you. Just not possible due to the functionality of the forum of banned versus active members. I hope that is not too complex to understand. It si not possible, not ignoring you.

Your next thought about how simple and not complex is the poem and it all fell in your lap... hmm, if you can't understand how banning works on a public forum, but you have figured out what 250,000 searcher have not, i simply can't help you.

I would go with AJ, and have your brain try to work other things in the chase.
10-11-2017, 12:37 AM,
(10-11-2017, 12:20 AM)Kpro Wrote:

Yes, yes, yes! JIMO!

superman steve I always wanted to be a super hero... I know it's stupid but ff is real name; why can't I have an imaginary one??? I know it sounds bad about the German thing and did not mean it that way; now it's too late. I am 1/2 German though from both sides of my family... Maybe the capital Brown stuck out for that reason...
10-11-2017, 12:39 AM,
(10-11-2017, 12:35 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:24 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:20 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:19 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 11:16 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Man, if I could only figure out which trip. I do not like unfortunate hiccups.

Regards,

ws

You both are cracking me up. Touché .

Kpro, I love your independence!

Regards,

ws

Beatin to my own drum. Some people love it and others HATE it. But shhhh, we dont want to wake them Smile

Have we figured out where that darned TC is yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kpro, I was tempted to invoke an old (but these days, "politically
incorrect") punchline: "Waddaya mean 'WE', paleface?" . . . but I
don't like trouble, and don't want a ton to fall on me.

I think that some of "us" haven't figured out where "that darned
TC is yet". But at least two of "us" (including FF) have, in my onion --
I mean opinion.

Yes, cool AJ, some of us dont yet know and appreciate that those who know the TC location and for whatever reason dont' have it in hand *wait, some say they do), check in with us rednecks. I appreciate you keepin it real yet nicely. Thanks for that.
10-11-2017, 12:00 PM,
(10-11-2017, 12:35 AM)Andrew Jef Wrote: I think that some of "us" haven't figured out where "that darned
TC is yet". But at least two of "us" (including FF) have, in my onion --
I mean opinion.

In your onion who do you think the other one is?
10-11-2017, 12:06 PM,
(10-11-2017, 12:37 AM)easternOHsteve Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:20 AM)Kpro Wrote:

Yes, yes, yes! JIMO!

superman steve I always wanted to be a super hero... I know it's stupid but ff is real name; why can't I have an imaginary one??? I know it sounds bad about the German thing and did not mean it that way; now it's too late. I am 1/2 German though from both sides of my family... Maybe the capital Brown stuck out for that reason...

Cool, that makes sense and thanks for the response.
10-11-2017, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 08:25 PM by brubr.)
(10-10-2017, 10:58 PM)brubr Wrote: So, if Ojo cant respond, why did (s)he post such a rude and snarky thread? (S)he wanted to know what's taking so long. I answered. The bottom line is the poem is MUCH more complex than any of us can understand at the start of the chase. I explained in a previous post how those clues "fell into my lap" and I dont feel like repeating myself. Bottom line: dont pick a fight. Period.

And speaking of snarky.....there you go again. Let's see , last time you were telling me not to get discouraged and I would find the "correct" blaze. ROFL.

(10-11-2017, 12:32 AM)Kpro Wrote:

Grub - if ojo cant reposed, it is because he factually cant respond due to "banned" status. Yes ,you answered, but s/he can't due the status of banned. If you are being serious about why he cant respond, i will answer he asked when he was an active member and not possible to respond due to the change of a change in that , a moderator or admin banned him - if it is a short term or permemanet ban, I do not know. But that is the reason, s/he is not ignoring you. Just not possible due to the functionality of the forum of banned versus active members. I hope that is not too complex to understand. It si not possible, not ignoring you.

Your next thought about how simple and not complex is the poem and it all fell in your lap... hmm, if you can't understand how banning works on a public forum, but you have figured out what 250,000 searcher have not, i simply can't help you.

Kpro, dear, I do know why Ojo cant respond. But you didnt answer my question - why post a rude and snarky thread in the first place if you know you cant defend your words?

Ummmm. And as far as I'm concerned, I have narrowed the chase field to a very small distance (12 feet?). Its just a matter of persistence at this point. So I suggest you take your own advice and have your brain work problems in the chase.
10-11-2017, 08:33 PM,
(10-11-2017, 08:20 PM)brubr Wrote:

And speaking of snarky.....there you go again. Let's see , last time you were telling me not to get discouraged and I would find the "correct" blaze. ROFL.

(10-11-2017, 12:32 AM)Kpro Wrote:

Kpro, dear, I do know why Ojo cant respond. But you didnt answer my question - why post a rude and snarky thread in the first place if you know you cant defend your words?

Ummmm. And as far as I'm concerned, I have narrowed the chase field to a very small distance (12 feet?). Its just a matter of persistence at this point. So I suggest you take your own advice and have your brain work problems in the chase.

Yes, you are in the 12 foot club, congrats, you are doing super duper. And, yes you are winning the argument and calling out Ojo - great job, super duper (since he is banned), you are special!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20,000 words on one sheet of paper. Easy. tomwhat 3 778 05-25-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: The Count