Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
10-08-2017, 04:33 PM,
Such a great day to watch NFL - but I just can't do it.

I returned a Kansas City Chief's fleece sweatshirt yesterday. They asked me what's wrong with it, and my response was "NFL - duh!".

She looked at me funny and then I followed by saying "Number 22 - Marcus Peters".

She inspected the shirt and said it has no number 22 on it. I finally made it clear to her by saying "I can't support any organization that disrespects our country, flag, and national anthem."

I guess I should get outside and play catch with my son, or perhaps catch up on honey-dos.

I hope COP-PIG-SOCKS-GUY is happy!
10-08-2017, 04:36 PM,
RE: I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
Two thumbs up!!!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
10-08-2017, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 08:51 PM by crazyfamily.)
I'm your huckleberry. Serious irony in the notion that exercising first amendment rights is disrespectful to the flag and America. Freedom isn't free, you have to be willing to fight for it. The issue is no joke AND it's not about the NFL or the FLAG.

I really don't care for football, but I still respect these guys willing to fight for what they believe in. That is perfectly symbolic of what freedom and America stand for.
10-08-2017, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 10:20 PM by Milan.)
(10-08-2017, 08:42 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Serious irony in the notion that exercising first amendment rights is disrespectful to the flag and America. Freedom isn't free, you have to be willing to fight for it. The issue is no joke AND it's not about the NFL or the FLAG.

I really don't care for football, but I still respect these guys willing to fight for what they believe in. That is perfectly symbolic of what freedom and America stand for.

Arguing with uninformed people is pointless, but here goes...

First amendment rights have nothing, I repeat - nothing to do with a football player and the NFL organization for which they are employed.

The first amendment gives the right of freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble, and it's confined between the people and the government.

Are Walmart employees allowed to protest whatever they want while at work? Is it ok for McDonalds employees to school me on their politics? Can I go to work and hang up a huge poster of Che Guevara?

Secondly, these players don't even know what they're protesting, nor for why they're standing with locked arms. Somebody please tell them they're protesting the very police protection and freedom that they enjoy daily.

It all goes back to the cop-hater Kaepernick. Yah, they're showing support for cop-hating, and they're disrespecting the entire nation to get attention.

I'm too tired to argue this more - such a disgrace.
10-08-2017, 09:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 10:07 PM by crazyfamily.)
(10-08-2017, 09:00 PM)Milan Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 08:42 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Serious irony in the notion that exercising first amendment rights is disrespectful to the flag and America. Freedom isn't free, you have to be willing to fight for it. The issue is no joke AND it's not about the NFL or the FLAG.

Arguing with uneducated people is pointless, but here goes...

First amendment rights have nothing, I repeat - nothing to do with a football player and the NFL organization for which they are employed.

The first amendment gives the right of freedom of speech and to peaceably assemble, and it's confined between the people and the government.

Are Walmart employees allowed to protest whatever they want while at work? Is it ok for McDonalds employees to school me on their politics? Can I go to work and hang up a huge poster of Che Guevara?

Secondly, these players don't even know what they're protesting, nor for why they're standing with locked arms. Somebody please tell them they're protesting the very police protection and freedom that they enjoy daily.

It all goes back to the cop-hater Kaepernick. Yah, they're showing support for cop-hating, and they're disrespecting the entire nation to get attention.

I'm too tired to argue this more - such a disgrace.

You've got a lot of nerve starting in like that. First amendment rights have everything to do with protest and speech. So, the moron president would fire them, BFD, it's still activity protected by the first amendment. How many were fired? Right.

Now here's your bedtime story, Milano.

When I worked at the airlines, and the schist was hitting the fan because some drunk Beech 19 crew couldn't get out of bed, a lot of passengers would love to say they would never fly such-and-such airline ever again. Now, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't, in fact, those kids scared the hell out of me whenever we got on one of those planes. That's another story, but, my experience reminds me that it wouldn't take long before those whiny little corporate schmucks were back in line for that crappy flight because it was the best option and they knew it.

Some people are all hat and no cattle, while others put their money where their mouth is.

https://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/_ca...report.pdf

Here ya' go, here's a story about YOUR America, home of the free as long as you stand hand over heart. Of course, I'm assuming you know where this is going - I'd never knowingly accuse you of being uneducated.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcedelman...58a7822976

God, this is a good article. You of all people should know some of this, or at least think about it.
10-08-2017, 10:19 PM,
Your response to me is incoherent, as I expected.

(10-08-2017, 09:19 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...First amendment rights have everything to do with protest and speech...

Wrong. I can't go to work and just shoot my mouth off however I want.

"Folks, this is the captain speaking, we're currently level at flight level 370. Skies are smooth so I'm going to turn off the seatbelt sign. Please pray with me to raise awareness by saying the lord's prayer to protect our soldiers overseas. Our Father, who..."

Ughh. Like I said, I'm too tired to argue in circles. Sorry I implied you were uneducated - I will edit that out.
10-08-2017, 10:30 PM,
(10-08-2017, 10:19 PM)Milan Wrote: Your response to me is incoherent, as I expected.

(10-08-2017, 09:19 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...First amendment rights have everything to do with protest and speech...

Wrong. I can't go to work and just shoot my mouth off however I want.

"Folks, this is the captain speaking, we're currently level at flight level 370. Skies are smooth so I'm going to turn off the seatbelt sign. Please pray with me to raise awareness by saying the lord's prayer to protect our soldiers overseas. Our Father, who..."

Ughh. Like I said, I'm too tired to argue in circles. Sorry I implied you were uneducated - I will edit that out.

It's alright Milan, I made it too complicated.

Yes you can. You might get fired, but you might not. Read the Forbes article. Being an airline employee, it was the first thing I thought of —and you should have too. For the time being, it's still legal to protest, and how many were fired?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
10-08-2017, 10:37 PM,
Well...

1. Where did I ever say the word fired in my initial post?
2. Where did I ever say anything about our honorable president?

What I said was:

"I can't support any organization that disrespects our country, flag, and national anthem."

3. And I did follow through - I returned the fleece sweatshirt and shut off the games.

So, I guess this means I too have first amendment rights to protest - by not supporting organizations that condone unpatriotic behavior.
10-08-2017, 10:51 PM,
Not even a fair fight, this is more priceless to read than any petty bickering about the chase.
10-08-2017, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 10:55 PM by crazyfamily.)
(10-08-2017, 10:37 PM)Milan Wrote: Well...

1. Where did I ever say the word fired in my initial post?
2. Where did I ever say anything about our honorable president?

What I said was:

"I can't support any organization that disrespects our country, flag, and national anthem."

3. And I did follow through - I returned the fleece sweatshirt and shut off the games.

So, I guess this means I too have first amendment rights to protest - by not supporting organizations that condone unpatriotic behavior.

What does it mean then to say that "I can't go to work and shoot my mouth off"? Why not? Yes, you implied that people get fired for saying what they want, but it's still not illegal and needs to stay that way.

Yes, you returned the shirt, and lots of those people buy a ticket on another plane at least once, others kneel to show their dissension. It needs to stay that way.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying the Perfect Road Trip Vehicle - Chevy Tahoe glock20 2 1,012 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: glock20
  800,000 on Terrorist Watch lists?! We allow them to be here!?? glock20 0 431 06-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: glock20