Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
10-08-2017, 11:04 PM,
RE: I'm bored. I can't watch NFL, and I already have a perfect solve
(10-08-2017, 10:52 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...Why not? Yes, you implied that people get fired for saying what they want, but it's still not illegal and needs to stay that way...

I'm not a lawyer, but in this case being "illegal" or not is irrelevant because that depends on the agreement/contract you sign with your employer or organization you represent. Again, this has nothing to do with the first amendment.

Unless you're implying that an employee can't be put in jail - got it - you win the argument... nite.
10-08-2017, 11:07 PM,
(10-08-2017, 11:04 PM)Milan Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 10:52 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: ...Why not? Yes, you implied that people get fired for saying what they want, but it's still not illegal and needs to stay that way...

I'm not a lawyer, but in this case being "illegal" or not is irrelevant because that depends on the agreement/contract you sign with your employer or organization you represent. Again, this has nothing to do with the first amendment.

Unless you're implying that an employee can't be put in jail - got it - you win the argument... nite.

Okay little buddy, sleep tight.
10-08-2017, 11:17 PM,
The best thing from this first amendment thread was From Crazyfamily to Milan:

Crazy to Milan...
"You've got a lot if nerve starting in like that".....

Crazy family says:
"You've got a lot of nerve starting in like that".

Again on a first amendment thread, Crazy Family says, to Milan..
"You've got a lot of nerve starting in like that".
10-08-2017, 11:19 PM,
Shhhh, you'll wake him. Let little buddy sleep, he had a hard day with no football and all.
10-09-2017, 12:29 AM,
Oooo. I just puked in my own lap.

Anywhoo. Keep on keeping on. Gross.
10-09-2017, 02:53 AM,
(10-08-2017, 08:42 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Serious irony in the notion that exercising first amendment rights is disrespectful to the flag and America.

no one is saying that exercising first amendment rights is disrespectful to the flag

i know this is going to be a little complex and nuanced, but here it is

they are saying that disrespecting the flag ... is disrespectful to the flag

follow their leader, Crazy. they want you

[Image: 0ap3000000693599.jpg]

10-09-2017, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 08:20 AM by crazyfamily.)
No liberal believes you, Chris. Attacks on the media, attacks on "disrespecting the flag," they're the same thing. The president, as dumb as he seems to be, appears to have an agenda.

Look, dumb and dumber go to a football game...

Quote:“I asked @VP Pence to leave stadium if any players kneeled, disrespecting our country,” Trump wrote. “I am proud of him and @SecondLady Karen.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/o...e-protests

I'd ban people like Pence from the stadium after displays like this.

Anyway, it's socks that make America great —not whatever it is that's floating around in that pea-brain head of the president, and banning socks is un-American. I don't wear socks like this, but if you're so inclined...
[Image: bf1db75bff0e867e332feb97edef36a7.jpg]
10-10-2017, 03:39 PM,
(10-08-2017, 04:33 PM)Milan Wrote: Such a great day to watch NFL - but I just can't do it.

I returned a Kansas City Chief's fleece sweatshirt yesterday. They asked me what's wrong with it, and my response was "NFL - duh!".

She looked at me funny and then I followed by saying "Number 22 - Marcus Peters".

She inspected the shirt and said it has no number 22 on it. I finally made it clear to her by saying "I can't support any organization that disrespects our country, flag, and national anthem."

I guess I should get outside and play catch with my son, or perhaps catch up on honey-dos.

I hope COP-PIG-SOCKS-GUY is happy!

I can't believe you brought up such a controversial topic on chasechat.
I don't believe for a second that you have a perfect solve. Smile
Agree about NFL though, still too hard to not watch.
10-10-2017, 05:13 PM,
(10-10-2017, 03:39 PM)FennMaster Wrote: I can't believe you brought up such a controversial topic on chasechat.
I don't believe for a second that you have a perfect solve. Smile
Agree about NFL though, still too hard to not watch.

Well, that's why this thread is in the therapy room - almost anything goes in here.

>>"still too hard to not watch"

Which team is your favorite?
10-10-2017, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 01:03 AM by crazyfamily.)
(10-10-2017, 12:44 PM)Milan Wrote: Hi Gordon,

I have two comments:

1. You said: "I wouldn't watch the NFL this season because of the disrespect the NFL and its players show for our flag and the American Anthem"

I agree, wholeheartedly. However, please be aware that the disrespect that the NFL has is not for the flag and the anthem, it's a disrespect for all Americans (including cops, soldiers, everyday people).

That's right - my anger is about those ingrates who are basically spitting in our faces, putting up their fist to us, the American people. The flag and the anthem are merely symbols representing us. When I say I love this country, I'm talking about the people of this country and our democratically adopted rules, not a piece of fabric nor a melody nor geography.

2. Please don't be ashamed for watching the Cowboys. They are now one of two teams my family is allowed to watch again because their organizations refuse to allow this disgrace from their players. The other team is the Miami Dolphins.

Milan

Listen here, little buddy. Let's make something as clear as a day. Our "democratically adopted rules" that you profess your love to, guarantee each individual, each citizen of this country the same inalienable rights. It's not a piece of fabric, or a melody, or geography('Im assuming this refers to team affiliation) it's the Constitution of the United States of America that guarantees these rights.

You can wish all you want that the demonstrations exhibited by NFL players are an affront to "all the American people," but you would be wrong. I am an American and I support the players and coaches and owners who stand against social injustice. I will not choose blind faith in an imaginary reality over the truth, ever. You can choose for yourself what disrespects you, but the authority of your opinion stops there.

Look here, Police, Congressmen and women, Governors, Military leaders, the President, they work for us, they work for me and I am empowered by my constitution to hold them to the letter of the law, our law, guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States, Federal law, my state constitution and my state laws. Like I said before, I'm perfectly capable of choosing sides, and I'm prepared to fight for it, but I'd like to think we can find common ground. I have no control over you and your decisions.

Now, protest is just that. I assume that you mean a symbolic spitting in your face when you say "my anger is about those ingrates who are basically spitting in our faces" since no one actually spit in you face. Spitting on someone could be considered assault and I wouldn't condone that, and I don't think that Colin Kaepernick would consider spitting in your face an appropriate way to express his disgust with police killing unarmed black kids. I think his sights are set higher than that.

Personally, I could care less if anyone watches the NFL for whatever reason. I have been on a personal boycott of Walmart since 2004, it pleases only me and that's fine. I believe in putting my money where my mouth is, and I will spend my money how I see fit. I think Colin is thinking the same thing just on a much bigger scale. I don't feel the need to advertise myself or my opinions but I will defend them, and I think Colin thinks the same way.

Here is his statement from August 2016, pure and fresh on the heels of his individual protest:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

razyfamily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying the Perfect Road Trip Vehicle - Chevy Tahoe glock20 2 903 07-25-2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: glock20
  800,000 on Terrorist Watch lists?! We allow them to be here!?? glock20 0 393 06-23-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: glock20
  Watch, read, donate to historic AZ case 23kachinas 7 2,030 02-05-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: HIPS