Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death confirmed linked to the chase
10-11-2017, 04:37 PM,
There was some debate over summer if this death was related to the chase. It seems the investigation is continuing, but the police have confirmed today this was a searcher who died searching for the TC. They won't make any more of a statement than that at this time.

http://www.kcwy13.com/content/news/Yello...61673.html
10-11-2017, 04:55 PM,
RE: Death confirmed linked to the chase
I have been to Yellowstone park and center of the west. Both have employers that have said exactly this. They do not like the chase. It is tough for center of the west because fenn is such a big donor, but they aren't happy. Too much damage and crazy things searchers have done.

I wonder why they can't say anything more and why there is even an ungoing investigation.
10-11-2017, 05:06 PM,
yeah, I think he's one of the two that's been "kept quiet" to this point, to avoid publicity. What's worse, is that their lives could've been saved. Everything in life is fixable if you can see what lies beyond normal "vision."
10-11-2017, 05:43 PM,
I was there, near the park at that time, and thought it was possible he was a searcher. There was also a death on Cabin or Beaver creeks around then too that seemed connected to the chase. That guys family said he had been there a few times recently, fishing. The thing is "blow out" was in full force, that water looked like chocolate milk, the fishing would not have been very productive. When I first started guiding I met a YNP backcountry ranger and asked her if she had any advice for a new guide. Her instant response, "Keep in mind that with some guest our job is to protect them from natural selection". I think about that profound advice daily and can now attest to its truth. A good example would be the recent thread on bears.
10-11-2017, 05:59 PM,
Safety is tricky. I'm from Alaska. You can drop me into -30 degree weather and I'm a pro about proper PP&E, how to drive on ice, when to stay home vs. drive into town, how to turn on the generator if the power goes out in the dead of winter. I have extreme outdoor friends who are much more fluent in nature than I, but I get by. When I went to Wyoming I was almost bit by a damn snake. I didn't know what to do. I also didn't know that Bucks would attack you. I've been charged 4 times by Moose but never a Deer. I just stood there like an idiot waving my arms around playing chicken with a Deer. I can understand the frustration with the Yellowstone folks. Take people away from what they are used too and their extinct fades. I too am actually surprised there haven't been more injuries. However, too me, it's still worth it.
10-11-2017, 08:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 08:07 PM by will197532.)
I’m fat! You can drop me off at a Waffle House and by morning that sucker is out of business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-11-2017, 09:06 PM,
"LAY OFF IM STARVING!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-11-2017, 09:18 PM,
(10-11-2017, 05:43 PM)Sledneck Wrote: When I first started guiding I met a YNP backcountry ranger and asked her if she had any advice for a new guide. Her instant response, "Keep in mind that with some guest our job is to protect them from natural selection". I think about that profound advice daily and can now attest to its truth. A good example would be the recent thread on bears.

Does that mean they don't protect people who have children ?
10-11-2017, 11:51 PM,
no it does not
10-11-2017, 11:53 PM,
(10-11-2017, 11:51 PM)Sledneck Wrote: no it does not

I agree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this death #4? debbiedowner 3 568 07-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  Forrest on Randys death. deb 17 2,811 08-12-2016, 11:27 PM